Author Topic: instance_geometry not found error  (Read 3245 times)

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
instance_geometry not found error
So, I have been trying my hand at some model work. Never lacking in ambition, my first project was Steve-O's Wraith (known as the Uriel in WiH).

Now, There are a few things strange here. One, when exporting this model from Cinema4D, and into PCS2, I get the error mentioned in the thread title on the detail1 and detail2 subobjects. In addition, Coordinates seem off; I have to place thruster objects, firepoints, and other stuff a few units above their wanted positions to get them placed correctly in-game.

C4D File: http://blueplanet.fsmods.net/E/Uriel%205.c4d

DAE generated from that: http://blueplanet.fsmods.net/E/Uriel%205.dae

What am I doing wrong here?
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Angelus

• The Angriest Angel
Re: instance_geometry not found error
can't open the c4d file, but do the other details have a centerpoint ( a helper named centerpoint_detail1, aso)?
If not set one. Do you select everything when exporting to .dae?

Offline Spicious

• Master Chief John-158
It's got an extra detail1 node that doesn't have any geometry as the parent of the one that does. Support for this probably could be added.

Things turning up out of place might be due to helpers having transformations defined; these are currently ignored by the importer. Otherwise, I'd need to have a look at the input.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Yeah, I figured this out while looking at the dae in notepad++. Fixed it, everything's fine now, thanks guys.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
i kinda wish somone would put all of pcs2's autogen capabilities up somewhere, possibly with model examples. there seems to be lots of features that just aren't documented anywhere. the wiki page is somewhat hard to find, its woefully out of date, and the descriptions need to be more descriptive. it doesn't give you any idea of what hierarchy to use. there are tutorials that cover this but they are scattered all over the place and sometimes wrong and contradictory, what is needed is a solid reference. so i can go to one place and at a glance know what i need to name it, and what it needs to be connected to to convert properly. its also easier to update than the hodgepodge of forum tutorials floating around out there.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 08:16:10 pm by Nuke »
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken