Author Topic: Americas Army 2.7  (Read 3618 times)

Offline KappaWing

• Lost in the nebula
Without a doubt the best free game available.

2.7... Now with 50 cal equipped humvees!
"Your efforts to interdict me have failed, papacy. Pentagon, engage propaganda drive."
"Now, Protestant scum, you will see the power of this fully armed and operational Papal Station!"

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
No, FreeSpace is free too.
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
America's Army went to hell about v1.4 or so. The Counter Strike noobs started to invade and oops, there went the nice community out the window. Before you'd join a server and just have people working together, just because they wanted to. And they'd clear rooms with flashes, not nades. Not anymore - stupid game is full of accusations of hackers and campers (I remember back when it first came out all the way to about 1.6 the standard response was "You CAN'T hack America's Army!")

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
America's Army went to hell about v1.4 or so. The Counter Strike noobs started to invade and oops, there went the nice community out the window. Before you'd join a server and just have people working together, just because they wanted to. And they'd clear rooms with flashes, not nades. Not anymore - stupid game is full of accusations of hackers and campers (I remember back when it first came out all the way to about 1.6 the standard response was "You CAN'T hack America's Army!")
Really? I've never had any problems with the community. Granted, I only started around 2.0 or so, but i've seen some excellent teamplay in my days. The trick is to find a server with a nice spread of clanners, avoiding servers full of randoms like the ****ing plague.

Offline Dysko

Well, I can't play online with America's Army 2.7...

I mean: I've completed the training (Expert rank with the M-16, Advanced Marksmanship both with M-24 and M-82, pratically I only need to complete the last SF training mission and the medical training, that I'll probably skip), but when I try to join an online match my modem disconnects me so I can't play...  :(

Had anyone had this problem?
My aviation photography website: GolfVictorSpotting.it

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
It must be international talk like a pirate day.

I stopped updating AA awhile ago. Now i just play 2.1 with a few good servers/clans that remain.

Offline KappaWing

• Lost in the nebula
Try posting at the AA forums.

Check Ebay  :p
"Your efforts to interdict me have failed, papacy. Pentagon, engage propaganda drive."
"Now, Protestant scum, you will see the power of this fully armed and operational Papal Station!"

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
AA's lag is pretty bad. I got every single cert (and had to get several twice over because of random account resets, including parajumping, sniper, sharpshooting, and medic), but when I point the gun at the guy there's an actual delay between pulling the trigger and the bullet hitting the target, because of the lag. Basically unless you live in the states and have a DSL, everyone gets a 1/4th second advantage on you, which as any multiplayer gamer knows, is life or death. Not only that, but the delay makes long distance shooting/sniping impossible.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2006, 07:56:04 pm by Unknown Target »

Offline BS403

• I'm just sitting in my Cave.
Try posting at the AA forums.

Check Ebay  :p
it is free check hotu
http://woogleville.myminicity.com/

Homer: Aw, twenty dollars! I wanted a peanut!
Homer's Brain: Twenty dollars can buy many peanuts.
Homer: Explain how.
Homer's Brain: Money can be exchanged for goods and services.
Homer: Woo-hoo!