Off-Topic Discussion > General Discussion

Just a message

(1/4) > >>

Concededarc:
Hi guys.

I've been a lurker for many years now.

I just wanted to say you are all amazing.
You've created things, for free, on your own, that are more beautiful than anything a billion-dollar industry can achieve.

I only dream that I could match that one day.

I wont because I'm a mess. And I'm beyond help. Ive seen over a dozen therapists and they all say the same thing. Many straight up admit they dont know what to tell me. I just cant let go of what is destroying me. Wont let go. Would rather die.

One day ill die, likely from killing myself. When that happens, the pittance that is my life savings will go to HLP. You guys are the only beauty in my life. I wish I could join you. To create like you. But I just refuse to let go of my impossible demons..

See you in the verse.

wookieejedi:
Hi Concededarc, HLP is indeed an amazing, great community and even though I've only been a member for 4 years I can say that this community appreciates and is very helpful to new people who want to try things. If you want to create something I suggest starting small, and working your way up into larger projects. I started with just editing table files, and eventually that grew and grew until I released my own mod.

Let me also say from experience with depression that no one is beyond help. I had to try many many different things before I finally found something that worked and helped, and some people's advice didn't help. But as tough as things can be there is a light at the end of the tunnel even if you can't see it. If you would like feel free to PM me and we can talk, and as a fellow HLP member I am here for you.

Also if you want to talk with more of the community there is also a public Discord channel if you are interested, I would be happy to invite you!

rubixcube:

--- Quote from: Concededarc on July 10, 2018, 11:50:04 pm ---Hi guys.

I've been a lurker for many years now.

I just wanted to say you are all amazing.
You've created things, for free, on your own, that are more beautiful than anything a billion-dollar industry can achieve.

I only dream that I could match that one day.

I wont because I'm a mess. And I'm beyond help. Ive seen over a dozen therapists and they all say the same thing. Many straight up admit they dont know what to tell me. I just cant let go of what is destroying me. Wont let go. Would rather die.

One day ill die, likely from killing myself. When that happens, the pittance that is my life savings will go to HLP. You guys are the only beauty in my life. I wish I could join you. To create like you. But I just refuse to let go of my impossible demons..

See you in the verse.

--- End quote ---

Have you tried changing your diet? I've heard that carnivore diets have been effective for treating depression.

DefCynodont119:
Fighting your demons is hard but always worth doing, trust me on that.
I have seen firsthand what depression can do to people, having someone to talk to is extremely important.

There are plenty of folks here you can talk to, also here is a basic Freespace modding course by Bigchunk1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csseKT3eiaE&list=PL6UAAcjEObko4wCCRmrngHFkywLDDO6o3

EDIT: have they checked your thyroid gland? or has that been ruled out?

karajorma:
I've always said that even if you can't mod, you can play-test. The community desperately needs people who love the game and want to play our missions. No special skills are needed.

Good luck fighting your depression.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version