Author Topic: A celebration of Freespace  (Read 2657458 times)

Re: A celebration of Freespace
Either the Demon curse get broken by Oddgrim, or it breaks him. There's no other option.

Oddgrim becomes Demon, thereby liberating the MVP fans.

Offline SL1

With this reworked Ganymede, I'm trying to figure out in just which missions in which mods featured a Ganymede just so's I can see the new Ganymede in-mission and up close. The screenshots with the derelict Lucifer are obviously from Derelict (there seems to be an odd symmetry in that sentence) and if I remember right, that Tau Sigma shipyard had several Ganymedes. Now I just gotta wait until that mod gets updated with the new MediaVPs...

The FRED tutorial mission has two of them. I think it comes with every FS2 installation in data/freddocs (filename is shipyard-completed.fs2). You should be able to launch that mission with the new MediaVPs right away.

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
No retail FS2 campaign mission features the Ganymede, although it's present in one or two multiplayer missions, I think.
You'd be better off jumping at some user made campaign, for example Derelict definitely features a Ganymede in the spotlight. I think Vassago's Dirge (that Axem recently updated to be compatible with newest MVPS) also features one.
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Offline Axem

I urge all FREDders to make missions exclusively featuring the Ganymede. :nod:

(Vassago features the Ganymede (6 of them actually) as part of the under construction Cagliari station. The EVA mission becomes a lot cooler with you flying through the highly detailed sections now!)

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
Either the Demon curse get broken by Oddgrim, or it breaks him. There's no other option.

Oddgrim becomes Demon, thereby liberating the MVP fans.

What if we Take a Third Option and the curse and Oddgrim break each other???

I was gonna say that that doesn't make sense...but then Nightmare pointed out that if Oddgrim becomes Demon, then yes, the two will have effectively broken each other. :nervous: :nervous: :nervous:
REPUBLICANO FACTIO DELENDA EST

Creator of the Devil and the Deep Blue campaign - Current Story Editor of the Exile campaign

"Let my people handle this, we're trained professionals. Well, we're semi-trained, quasi-professionals, at any rate." --Roy Greenhilt,
The Order of the Stick

"Let´s face it, we Freespace players may not be the most sophisticated of gaming freaks, but we do know enough to recognize a heap of steaming crap when it´s right in front of us."
--Su-tehp, while posting on the DatDB internal forum

"The meaning of life is that in the end you always get screwed."
--The Catch 42 Expression, The Lost Fleet: Beyond the Frontier: Steadfast

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface

« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 07:48:36 am by MatthTheGeek »
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Moar pls~

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Today we're going vintage (but still with post proc, shadows, deferred lighting and soft particles).

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Today we're going vintage (but still with post proc, shadows, deferred lighting and soft particles).

Mmmmhhhh tasty~

(and btw, it's Retro, not vintage) ;)

Are all these new effects and ships going into FSPort? It's been over a year and the new Apollo hadn't been added last time I checked.

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Supposedly an FSPort upgrade is in the works for soon (tm).
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
If I had to guess, I'd say that the Port team is waiting for the HD hall-fight cutscene to be completed before the next Port upgrade.  I'm also awaiting the upgrade which will take advantage of the new main FS2 MVPs that have the FS1 (original) ships included, which means that I can update FS-Augmented to match.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
I remember being blown away by Retail FS2 when I first played it back in 2000. It was a big step up from FS1. Then compare Retail FS2 to what it looks like now. You guys have done an incredible job making a 20 year old game look near-current gen. I wonder how much further it can be pushed? I would be happy if it plateaued as it is now, but I would be lying if I said I wasn't looking forward to future updates :-)

Also props on the mission designs. I played FSPort and FS Blue last year when doing by continuity binge and I recall being hit by how short and simplistic most of the missions were compared to the HLP campaigns. Of course, not having to get everything finished in 12 months helps  :p #publisherdeadlinessuck

Wanna check out my video games, technology and media website? If so, visit; https://www.nomadsreviews.co.uk/

Interested in hiring my freelance writing, proof-reading, editing, SEO, TTSO, Web Development or Social Media Management services? If so, please messege me at [email protected]

It's important to have a standard, because without a solid base to build off of, you're not going to have the right design focus. And the FS2 campaign is fun, which is the most important thing.
If it was left to modders, it'd be "Realism mods, REALISM MODS EVERYWHERE." If you can see where I'm going. Complex doesn't *always* equal good.

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Quick series of pics because some discussion in Discord made me realize Luxor station is prime nuGany gloryshot material

« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 02:10:32 pm by MatthTheGeek »

It's important to have a standard, because without a solid base to build off of, you're not going to have the right design focus. And the FS2 campaign is fun, which is the most important thing.
If it was left to modders, it'd be "Realism mods, REALISM MODS EVERYWHERE." If you can see where I'm going. Complex doesn't *always* equal good.

Tell that to people who want to make ME x FS x BSG crossovers.

Quick series of pics because some discussion in Discord made me realize Luxor station is prime nuGany gloryshot material

That looks insanely good! :eek2:

Tell that to people who want to make ME x FS x BSG crossovers.

That is the flip side of the coin, it is true. I just got done a modded run of Fallout: New Vegas though, and sifting through Nexus is an exercise in "all weapons 1HKO and you die if you dont drink Nuka-Cola every 5 seconds because MAH IMMERSION."

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue

That looks insanely good! :eek2:

Seconded. Which reminds me, I have to get back to playing Derelict; I'm only on the 6th mission so far.
REPUBLICANO FACTIO DELENDA EST

Creator of the Devil and the Deep Blue campaign - Current Story Editor of the Exile campaign

"Let my people handle this, we're trained professionals. Well, we're semi-trained, quasi-professionals, at any rate." --Roy Greenhilt,
The Order of the Stick

"Let´s face it, we Freespace players may not be the most sophisticated of gaming freaks, but we do know enough to recognize a heap of steaming crap when it´s right in front of us."
--Su-tehp, while posting on the DatDB internal forum

"The meaning of life is that in the end you always get screwed."
--The Catch 42 Expression, The Lost Fleet: Beyond the Frontier: Steadfast

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog

Wait...Courier nameplate on a Faustus?
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?