Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
Gaming Discussion / Re: What are you playing?
« Last post by MP-Ryan on August 20, 2018, 03:19:15 pm »
There is already a stickied thread on this subject:  https://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=82910.0
Gaming Discussion / What are you playing?
« Last post by TrashMan on August 20, 2018, 03:08:33 pm »
So guys.... What are playing besides FS2 lately?
Me, I'm making stuff for VR chat and having fun

Mission & Campaign Releases / Re: RELEASE: Freespace 3 the search For bosch
« Last post by General Battuta on August 20, 2018, 03:00:00 pm »
So since it's been over seven years since this was released, might as well ask: who was the mastermind behind this marvelous campaign? Was it Battuta, or was it someone else? The mystery's gone on for long enough, IMO.

Absolutely not me, definitely someone else. Maybe we can get him to pop in!
Meme-while EvE just had its largest battle earlier this month at X47L-Q.
MechCommander OmniTech / String/Name for new weapon not showing
« Last post by tisi on August 20, 2018, 01:56:40 pm »
Hello

I was put off by the existence of the clan srm 6 without a corrosponding is srm 6 (even though is srm 6 ammo already exists!), so I tried to bring it into the game.
After some tinkering I came up with this line for the compbas.csv

Code: [Select]
127,MissileWeapon,SRM 6,2,5,3,3,2.5,241,2416,short,Yes,Yes,Yes,Yes,Yes,Yes,Yes,Yes,SRM,0,8,224,MCL_MC_clanSRM6Pack.tga,MCL_MC_clanSRM6,32127,34127,1,1,1,150
So far so good, the weapon works, it can be bought and used in the mechlab, it even works ingame.

The only problem? It shows up on a mech in a mission as "undefined" (followed by the proper ammo amount left). I tried to edit the corrosponding string 32127 in mc2res.dll (read somewhere on this forum about implementing new mechs/mechwarriors and about a DescIndex linking to that file), but it still shows as "undefined". Is there another place I need to edit a string for make it show up as "SRM 6 Pack"?

Best Regards

P.S.: Before my edit #127 in compbas.csv looked like this:

Code: [Select]
127,undefined,undefined,0,na,na,0,na,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,na,0,0,0,0,0,32129,34129,,,,
Fate of the Galaxy / Re: Alpha-class XG-1 Star Wing
« Last post by flipdark95 on August 20, 2018, 12:48:41 pm »
Oh yeah, I get what you mean with the leading point on the top. Definitely will include that. With the torpedo racks, I'm honestly a bit confused on them since they seem to be located in front of the engine pods, which to me seems like they're reloaded from the side or something, or from the front. I've definitely taken a look at FractalSponge's version and I'll be using that for some inspiration as well, especially for the back half of the main fuselage where it can take some hints from the Lambda a bit.
Fate of the Galaxy / Re: Alpha-class XG-1 Star Wing
« Last post by chief1983 on August 20, 2018, 11:40:34 am »
The top wing having that leading point for one, and the torpedo pod shape seem to be the biggest departures.  Also, have you ever seen FractalSponge's version?  It has a lot of detail.  But as far as detailing goes, since it is a Cygnus ship, I'd take hints from the Lambda shuttle when it comes to greebles, to have more manufacturer continuity.

If you need any ideas for the rear end of the ship, one thing that occurred to me is that the rears of the torpedo pods would probably have to open for loading, like submarine tubes, unless they are loaded like a muzzle loading musket from the front.  But I think being able to style them with a hatch on the rear end would add some character.
Thanks.  I was able to get through "Transport" and the mission after that (mission 5).  A minor error on "Transport" though that I noticed was that even though I got all three transports through, I saw both the success and fail debriefing text (though there was success music and I was able to progress).

Bah, there was a "not - is-destroyed-delay" in this debriefing stage instead of "is-destroyed-delay"... will fix it.

You reached the Bonus objective...
Have to ask you some questions about it. Had you problems with it? On which difficulty you are playing? Did you use Maxim/Trebuchet for that or have you done that with the normal loadout?
Because if you have done this with the normal loadout and did not have any problems with it, then i have to tweak it more, because the mission is too easy then, because it is actually intended that only two of the transports should go through by a normal progress through this mission with the default loadout.

However, I ran into a campaign stopping error again.  After I beat mission 5 and hit 'next', the game crashed and I got this error:

Ah, i feared that this error would appear after the changes in Beta 5. But i did not know in which mission this entry is. So thanks for finding out :).
FS2 Open Tools / Re: PUBLIC BETA: Knossos 0.12.3 (combined launcher/installer)
« Last post by niffiwan on August 20, 2018, 10:00:14 am »
We have a search goddamnit! I somehow get the feeling that noone's using that.

:lol:  I am!!!

Although... for some feedback...  :nervous:

It's a bit slow, especially when you've cleared the search bar and are waiting for everything to appear again (aside - are you hiding entries, or removing them from a list? I should look at the code to find out... ;7)
It's also a bit slow when typing, perhaps delay activating the search until 1 sec has passed without keypresses, or at least 3 chars have been typed (I have NO idea how hard that might be :) And having said that the Steam search bar doesn't do either & it remains snappy. Of course, it's not filtering images either, just a text list...)
A "delete" button might be useful to clear all search results, I've seen that in similar applications, e.g. in Steam you have a (x) appear at the right hand side once you've populated the search bar
FS2 Open Tools / Re: PUBLIC BETA: Knossos 0.12.3 (combined launcher/installer)
« Last post by karajorma on August 20, 2018, 09:26:04 am »
Hmm, i thought that's kinda what we did already... apparently not. I haven't seen the install screens since we originally built them.

Anyway.. I was annoyed that you felt you needed two long paragraphs to convince us. :p  No argument here, we just didn't think to do it that way.

I was more about convincing of the importance of doing this sooner rather than later. I knew it was always something that you guys knew we needed. I was just worried it had gotten forgotten about (It's pretty easy to forget since you never see it again after Knossos gets installed).
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10