Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
Inferno / Re: RELEASE: Inferno Nostos: Act 1
« Last post by JSRNerdo on June 19, 2018, 10:36:21 pm »
Speaking about Corinthos/Trebuchets - Does EA have any analogue to it?

The EA has the Halberd (I believe that's what it's called), but it's not used in R1. In R2 it will murder you, as it's basically a treb combined with an Infyrno and also has kinetic/pushback effects.
FreeSpace & FreeSpace Open Support / Re: Set frame rate?
« Last post by Spoon on June 19, 2018, 10:14:36 pm »
Ooh, nice.
« Last post by FrikgFeek on June 19, 2018, 05:26:05 pm »
The Inferno AI_Profiles.tbl has both $smart primary weapon selection: and $smart secondary weapon selection: set to YES, which fixes these issues. Additionally, the Corinthos does not have the "Huge" flag, meaning you won't be able to kill destroyer-size ships by spamming it while rearming for 5 minutes. It'll still deal full subsystem damage, but that damage is almost 3 times lower than that of the Stiletto 3, unlike the retail Trebuchet which dealt higher subsystem damage than the Stiletto 2.
« Last post by mr.WHO on June 19, 2018, 04:57:50 pm »
So there are two contradicting flags that confuse AI, correct?

Is this also a case for Inferno Corinthos?
« Last post by FrikgFeek on June 19, 2018, 04:30:18 pm »
By default, AI can't use trebuchets because of how missile logic works. The trebuchet has the "bomber +" flag, which makes the AI prefer to use it against bombers and never uses it against capital ships. It also has the "Huge"(yes, Huge is a weapon flag while "Big Damage" is a ship flag, don't think about it too hard) flag which makes it able to kill destroyers and also makes the AI only ever use it against capital ships.

So the AI can't ever fire the trebuchet. However with FuryAI this problem can be fixed using the "Smart secondary weapon selection" flag, this is what BP uses to get its AI to fire trebs(and you'll have to dodge quite a few of those in WiH).

You can change the retail AI_profiles table to let AI use trebs in FS2, however this totally breaks the game. Maras and Basilisks carry trebuchets by default and their loadouts are very rarely edited so you'll be dealing with massive trebuchet storms as soon as the Shivans show up.
« Last post by AdmiralRalwood on June 19, 2018, 04:20:16 pm »
On sort of the same token, if you have very low frame rate, beams will end up doing less damage.
This is theoretically fixed since February 14th.
« Last post by mr.WHO on June 19, 2018, 03:48:28 pm »
Speaking about Corinthos/Trebuchets - Does EA have any analogue to it?

Also is AI able to use them? I just noticed that in my nearly 20 years of playing FS2 I never noticed beign shot upon by trebuchet.
« Last post by Spoon on June 19, 2018, 01:40:40 pm »
On sort of the same token, if you have very low frame rate, beams will end up doing less damage.
« Last post by m!m on June 19, 2018, 12:31:01 pm »
Please be aware that FSO does not handle high framerates particularly well. The turn rate of missiles is higher at lower framerates so you might encounter gameplay issues if you disable framerate capping.
« Last post by Spoon on June 19, 2018, 12:08:10 pm »
There's also the -no_fps_capping flag

I also have 144hz screens, and with vsync enabled the fps tends to cap at either 60 or 72fps, reaching 120 only with barely anything on the screen. (But that's what I get for running a system with a cpu from 2011)
Disabling shadows, godrays and framebuffer thrusters tend to be easy ways to gain a lot of extra fps.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10