Author Topic: RELEASE: Sync  (Read 99574 times)

Offline Luigi30

Crashed when
Spoiler:
you're forced to jump out after the Carthage arrests you.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
Does this crash occur every time you do that or only once?
The force-jump SEXP may be the faulty one.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Luigi30

I tried it once. Haven't gotten around to trying again. The screen went black as it was going to put the camera outside the ship. The rotation stopped, it said something about anomolous subspace activity, and the drive started up. Then the screen went black and it crashed.

It works fine for me. Aren't you having trouble with Fs2, anyway? In your testing thread, you said you had problems getting Fs2 to run. I think it's probably your system, not the the campaign.

Anyways, do you use Vanilla Fs2, or SCP?

Offline Luigi30

I fixed my FS2 problems. I run SCP, 03182005.

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
The new builds seem to occasionally crash when certain ships depart. Never seems to happen on the first mission you load though, if that's what's happening it should work fine if you try it again.

Damn cool campaign.  It kept moving and I'm glad that I magically healed and rearmed between missions.

I need the next part now =/

In one mission, I magically turned into an Aries with Trebuchets, a Maxim and Kaysers.  I was quite disappointed to lose it in the next mission (I was also wondering why nobody in my wing commented on that).

Offline Nuclear1

I had a similar episode in "Endurance" when my ship did a similar feat and changed into a Medusa. Conveniently, it was also the same mission that I had to destroy a Vasudan cruiser, so it was a bit of luck there. :D
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Kie99

Did you fail the mission 5 times?  I believe if you do that it reverts to the weapon & ship configuration of the last time you were playing a mission that ended in a red alert.
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

Offline bfobar

I also had the magic aries mission syndrome.

I wanted my herc back.

Is it wrong that the high poly herc gets me hot and bothered?

Where can I get the most recent version? The link on http://www.rateofinjury.com/sync/ returns 404.

"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Ferret

• A very hungry Fiona.
Ransom: Sync 2? *nudge* *nudge*

<- Not in least bit subtle.

Ferret if you check the Transcend forum in game-warden, he's already announced that he's making a sequel to Sync. don't know when, exactly, but the coding for those campaigns is pretty complicated, give him time.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 12:49:21 pm by Dark Hunter »
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Ferret

• A very hungry Fiona.

Ferret if you check the Transcend forum in hades-combine, he's already announced that he's making a sequel to Sync. don't know when, exactly, but the coding for those campaigns is pretty complicated, give him time.
Geez I know this. I was asking for a little update on it's progress. Calm the **** down.

Offline neoterran

Geez that was a little aggressive...  :drevil:
Official Taylor Fan Club Member.
Chief Grognard.
"How much code could a coder code if a coder could code code?"

Offline Nuclear1

Ferret if you check the Transcend forum in hades-combine, he's already announced that he's making a sequel to Sync. don't know when, exactly, but the coding for those campaigns is pretty complicated, give him time.

You mean Game Warden, right?

Lemme see if I can dig up an old MSN convo with Mistar Ransom himself:
Nuclear says:
Anyway, how's your next FS project coming?

Identify says:
Haven't really had a chance to get much work done on it over the last week or so

Identify says:
bunch of other projects in the way

Nuclear says:
Understandable

Identify says:
I'm planning to get it done by the end of April though

Nuclear says:
Is this one the follow up to Sync?

Identify says:
I'm afraid not

Nuclear says:
Right---o then

Identify says:
It's seperate from both Sync and Transcend

Identify says:
I probably won't get to Sync's follow up for a while, to be honest

That was a while ago, though; before April, at least.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
At one point he said his next project would be out in July.  I'm not sure if that was the postponed April project or something else. :)

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
I guess I should post here or something.

In regard to my next campaign's ambling progress, I'd like to be able to use the good ol' 'Real Life' excuse, but that would be a lie. Truthfully, I've just let my other hobbies get in the way of FREDing and I rarely get a chance to open the damn program anymore.

It will be done by the end of October, though. That's not a release date, it's an absolute deadline. If it's not out by then, you can safely assume I've been hit by a bus.