Author Topic: RealFlight 1.2 + 1.2b, Realistic BtRL like physics  (Read 29413 times)

Offline Kilocmdr Lin

• F'a Bale, carsarh gereulacr.
Re: RealFlight 1.1, Realistic BtRL like physics
i think i am using this mod. just downloaded the files from the link and placed the two files various folders got a option of asigning a button to glide but has no effect.
F'a rume catmé gereulacr Ullote izomél Lanote dige césati Lüamse nahainlace. F'a Bale, scuréle Frybarer. Frybarec éü, Sicé léssote dar scurér alsaima. Farer Léssoth, R'a sotle botnasa dari éïrace lona. F'a flare rycmal gereulacr, Sausnée surepuce, Issae dade lo fade, Froce tymbaidel gol. F'a Bale, carsarh gereulacr. Gereulach éü, Sicé dozzote dar carsarr factina. Farer dozzoth,R'a sotle nilora rÿal dar üaiponéra. Frybarec éü, gereulach éü, Farh a lomi zacsantto loréïl.

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
True, what I meant was actual controls for the lateral thrusters... or did it have those too and I was also one of those people that didn't notice it?  ;)

Lateral/vertical thrust controls were all in vanilla FS2, you just had to map some keys to them. Wouldn't do you much good tho since only the dragon in FS1 and the mara in FS2 had table entries for these speeds.
SCREW CANON!

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
But both the Mara and the Dragon were able to hide their particular abilities :D
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
True, what I meant was actual controls for the lateral thrusters... or did it have those too and I was also one of those people that didn't notice it?  ;)

Lateral/vertical thrust controls were all in vanilla FS2, you just had to map some keys to them. Wouldn't do you much good tho since only the dragon in FS1 and the mara in FS2 had table entries for these speeds.

IIRC, all the other ships had entries for these speeds, too... "0"  :p :lol:

Offline Backslash

• Bring Our Might To Bear
Well answered you guys, thanks :)  Anyway, I do think the Glide feature is worth it.  Especially with my new changes :D

i think i am using this mod. just downloaded the files from the link and placed the two files various folders got a option of asigning a button to glide but has no effect.
Seeing this option does not mean the mod is activated, or even installed properly.  Where have you placed the files?  For if you
have placed the files in with the IBX files and other places
it is likely incorrect.

I recommend reading this part of karajorma's FAQ: Installing Mods

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?

I meant 'player flyable ships' btw when talking about the dragon and the mara, other shivan ships have... X and Y speed entries superior to 0 :p
SCREW CANON!

I just have one question, how to get this mod working. have placed the files in with the IBX files and other places i can assign a buttong to the glide function but i can't glide in the game.

You are supposed to put them at tables

---

for the lateral thrusters, I use the folliwing config:
Num2,4,6,8: moving left, right, up, down
5: Glide
numpad enter: Afterburner

UPDATED:

1.2:
  • Bombers suffer from inertia much more now (first they almost didn't)

RealFlight 1.1
RealFlight 1.2
« Last Edit: May 14, 2007, 09:13:28 am by -Joshua- »

Offline Kilocmdr Lin

• F'a Bale, carsarh gereulacr.
Re: RealFlight 1.2, Realistic BtRL like physics
Got the mod working thank you for the advice  :p
F'a rume catmé gereulacr Ullote izomél Lanote dige césati Lüamse nahainlace. F'a Bale, scuréle Frybarer. Frybarec éü, Sicé léssote dar scurér alsaima. Farer Léssoth, R'a sotle botnasa dari éïrace lona. F'a flare rycmal gereulacr, Sausnée surepuce, Issae dade lo fade, Froce tymbaidel gol. F'a Bale, carsarh gereulacr. Gereulach éü, Sicé dozzote dar carsarr factina. Farer dozzoth,R'a sotle nilora rÿal dar üaiponéra. Frybarec éü, gereulach éü, Farh a lomi zacsantto loréïl.

Re: RealFlight 1.2 + 1.2b, Realistic BtRL like physics
1.2B released!

Following some of the advice in this thread, I decided to create a seperate version wich does not have glide, but still has the high speed and inertia, the B version is updated together with the "old" version, so you may chose wich one you would like.
1.2B (fork)
  • Artemis D.H. now the same as the original artemis again
  • Glide completely removed

RealFlight 1.2B

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Following some of the advice in this thread, I decided to create a seperate version wich does not have glide, but still has the high speed and inertia, the B version is updated together with the "old" version, so you may chose wich one you would like.

Excellent! I was about to request it! :D
The Lightblue Ribbon

Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)

So its just the speed?

Thats it?

So its just the speed?

Thats it?

No, the fighters (still if you talk about B version) suffer from inertia to, like I-War, Battlestar galactica, and Elite II.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Uhm, I have a little request...

What about a more reasonable table...minimal inertia and velocity values inferior to the ones you set(but always better then original FS2 ones)?
The Lightblue Ribbon

Uhm, I have a little request...

What about a more reasonable table...minimal inertia and velocity values inferior to the ones you set(but always better then original FS2 ones)?

ehm... Inferior?

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
That's what I meant...

We have a spacecraft. Its max speed is 90m/s. Your tables improve it to 180m/s. Could you create a table in which the speed of that spacecraft is, for example, 140m/s?
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline aRaven

you can do it yourself. open the tbl with a text editor, search for the relevant values and change them...easy

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
I know it's easy. Balancing the result would be a problem. Joshua has some experience, unlike me.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline aRaven

Then I dont understand your issue

I know it's easy. Balancing the result would be a problem. Joshua has some experience, unlike me.

I have not! I just used sushi's velocity mod.

But I do have a nice idea to keep it balanced...

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
*Pops into thread*

Did someone say...balance? :p