Author Topic: RealFlight 1.2 + 1.2b, Realistic BtRL like physics  (Read 29414 times)

Offline Backslash

• Bring Our Might To Bear
Re: RealFlight 1.2 + 1.2b, Realistic BtRL like physics
Maybe it adds the vectors to calculate the maximum speed in any direction?
That was it.  It used to do that.  I fixed it last month. :)

On the general speed / momentum subject, may I recommend the $use_newtonian_dampening setting :D  This way there's more momentum, less fishtailing.
$use_additive_weapon_velocity is pretty interesting too, but a little harder to get used to.  Fixed the lead indicator to work better with it last month, too.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
Bump cause Josh is back.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Bump cause Josh is back.

Er, why not PM the guy instead if you're looking for the download?

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
So that the rest of you can get it. :rolleyes:
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

So that the rest of you can get it. :rolleyes:

Admirable, but . . .  so, instead of asking the guy for his files, you're going to bump two threads, hope he notices that you did, and furthermore hope that he's using his psychic powers to read your mind and figure out that by bumping the threads, you're really asking for the files again?

Why not:
        1 - Ask him directly for a link to files and/or to post a link in the forum for everyone
        2 - or if he just gives you the link, post the link yourself and says "yay, everyone enjoy".

Hey is there a way I can have the glide feature in the game without the velocity mod? Sure, the higher velocities are probably more realistic, but it makes trying to shoot the enemy a very drawn out affair.

Its only one file, so will I have to change something in the code (hope I can use notepad or something)?

Offline Angelus

• The Angriest Angel
Hey is there a way I can have the glide feature in the game without the velocity mod? Sure, the higher velocities are probably more realistic, but it makes trying to shoot the enemy a very drawn out affair.

Its only one file, so will I have to change something in the code (hope I can use notepad or something)?

No coding needed, just DL a VP editor, extract the ship.tbl, open it in a text editor ( notepad ), and add this line:

$Glide: YES

check the wiki, where exactly to set the entry:

http://www.hard-light.net/wiki/index.php/Ships.tbl#.24Glide:

then save ( not save as !!) and place it in the tablefolder of a new modfolder, something like MYMOD/ data/ tables.

Or you can check the Blue Planet board in the Blackmarket childboard and DL the package there, but make sure to read the instructions or info.

Offline sigtau

• unfortunate technical art assclown
Savefile is down.

Any possibility of an fsmods link, or...?
Who uses forum signatures anymore?

Offline jbjhjm

Does anyone still have these mod files? Would be grateful if someone can share these :)

-Joshua- is still around, you might want to send a PM with a link to this thread.

Offline jbjhjm

-Joshua- is still around, you might want to send a PM with a link to this thread.

Thank you will try to contact him :)

1.2 version but not B but maybe there is... :nervous:
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 11:10:33 pm by tomimaki »

Offline jbjhjm

Thanks for showing interest in this, it's fun to see that people are still interested in things that I made 10 years ago.
When I was 15 years old even xD

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Can Knossos support this?

Can Knossos support this?

You can upload every (useful) mod there you want, I'm just unsure whether this one, which doesn't have any missions as far as I can see this falls into the same category. Unlike assets or campaigns, this kind of work is often forgotten...

Offline PIe

• GTVA POLICE
    • freespace3.com
This looks like a case for the not-yet-implemented "extension" mod type.  An extension is something like this or the cockpit mod that isn't really a mod in itself but can be added on to other ones.
[6:23 PM] PIe: why do I have the feeling that I shouldn't be able to give orders to 22nd armored hq
[6:24 PM] Axem: 22nd armored hq, i order you to get me a cup of coffee
[6:24 PM] PIe: and donuts
[6:24 PM] PIe: BECAUSE THIS IS THE GTVA POLICE
[6:25 PM] Axem: :O
[6:25 PM] Axem: am i under arrest
[6:26 PM] [`_`]/: no, just please step out of the myrmidon
[6:26 PM] [`_`]/: you have so much to fred for

[9:50 PM] Sottises: wait did you do vassago's verge?
[9:50 PM] Sottises: .. dirge?
[9:50 PM] Axem: yes
[9:50 PM] Sottises: ohh
[9:50 PM] Sottises: well I have that and JAD too
[9:50 PM] Axem: :)
[9:50 PM] Sottises: what a contrast of themes lmao
[9:50 PM] Axem: isnt it
[9:51 PM] Axem: super grimdark thriller about unknowable alien intelligence and over the top colorful action about friendship
[9:51 PM] PIe: jad is grimdark???
[9:51 PM] Axem: :skull:

Offline Novachen

• The one and only capella supernova
    • Twitter
The main reason why such mods are often forgotten is, that they change the balancing of the game completely.

Actually such mods need missions and campaigns that are adapted to the new physics of the game. This mod in an unchanged FS2 campaign would cause many problems...
Female FreeSpace 2 pilot since 1999.
Former Global moderator in the German FreeSpace Galaxy Forum.
Developer of NTP - A Multi-Language Translation Library Interface, which allows to play FreeSpace in YOUR Language.

Is one of my releases broken or not working? Please send a PM here, on Discord at @novachen or on Twitter @NovachenFS2, a public tweet or write a reply in my own release threads here on HLP, because these are the only threads i am still participating in.

This looks like a case for the not-yet-implemented "extension" mod type.  An extension is something like this or the cockpit mod that isn't really a mod in itself but can be added on to other ones.
Knossos keeps getting updated with neat things. :) But without adjusted content it's rather short time entertainment. Even Fury AI isn't fun without balancing.