Author Topic: W-H-I-Y-L - boom shake-shake shake the-room.  (Read 3009832 times)

Re: W-H-I-Y-L - boom shake-shake shake the-room.
Aw man. My condolences, Dekker.

I’ve lost or put down 5 of my animals over the years. It never gets any easier. It just guts you every time.

I’m sure you did right by him/her.
"Wouldn't it be so wonderful if everything were meaningless?
But everything is so meaningful, and most everything turns to ****.
Rejoice."
-David Bazan

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Cheers bud,  my wife and i have both gone through a  few in our lives.  The other 3 keep looking for her and it is as you say gutting.

We're already getting on wife life again, one of the few perks of a demanding 14 month old toddler is there;s no time to mope plus i'm driving in to scotland and back each day for my job so i've not had much downtime to pine either.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Last weekend was disproportionately full of Russians
Saturday: Went to a wedding where the bride was Russian (not THAT kind of Russian Bride)
Sunday: Went to Griffith Park and hung out with a ton of international tourists
Monday: Played cross-server clan battles in World of Warships, beat quite a few Russian teams and lost a few too

If you, like me, get a large portion of your news here:

Notre-Dame cathedral caught on fire and partially collapsed today.

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-europe-47942176

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
When you write a tweet that gets saved as a badly-compressed screenshot that makes the rounds on Facebook news feeds, does that mean you've made it?

(Seriously I saw this on a random acquaintance's feed and had to do a triple-take.)

Offline Rhys

I've been recovering from a particularly terrifying psychotic episode. It didn't last long, but it was horrible. Do not recommend. Not being able to tell reality from fantasy is God awful.

I'm better now, but theres still a lot of chatter in my head. I guess it's always gonna be there.

Hey Kids, just a casual reminder to watch where you are running so you don't hurt yourself on an overturned rock on your running trail

:mad:

I started HRT this past Sunday, so I guess that's a thing that's happening in my life.  :D

Why are all the cranberry juice companies so scared of selling me actual cranberry juice!? I spend 2 minutes looking past 5 bottles with a variant of "juice cocktail" on them for the bottle of cranberry juice that actually said it was 100% juice, and find out it's still actually a mix of juices!

Offline SL1

My 1996 Oldsmobile, which has been with me for most of my driving life, appears to have reached its end. The steering broke last week, and although the mechanic can fix it, he says the car's underbody is in such bad shape that more problems are likely to happen soon. So basically, I'm being told it's not worth fixing.

I'm pretty upset. That car has been a part of my life for a really long time, and I've gotten attached to it. I actually almost lost it once before, about two years after I bought it, because of an accident where some guy made a totally uncontrolled turn and smashed into me while I was sitting at a red light. Insurance company wanted to call it a total loss, but I disputed that and ended up keeping the car. I didn't feel this way when it looked like I might lose it back then. Not enough time to get really attached, I guess. But it's different now. I'm not good at dealing with this kind of thing. I like to hold on to things. And I'm not particularly enthusiastic about newer cars, either.

I definitely want some kind of memento from the car. Hopefully I can get the mechanic to pry off its nameplate or something for me.

Alternatively, if anyone knows about ways to save an old car, I'd be interested.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
Gutted mate.  Take loads of photos now for memories, maybe see if you can declare it off road and have it as a restoration project.
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....

Offline SL1

Gutted mate.  Take loads of photos now for memories, maybe see if you can declare it off road and have it as a restoration project.

Thanks, man. I actually hadn't thought of taking pictures, because that's not something I do very much, but it's a good idea. I think I do have a camera around here somewhere. Maybe I can even bring it back home to take the pictures. That seems like the right thing to do. The mechanic is only about five minutes away from my house, and pouring some fluid into the engine can make it drivable for about that long. It seems appropriate for the pictures to be at home, and I wouldn't have to stand around at the mechanic's place looking like an idiot. Plus, I'd get to drive it one last time.

As for declaring it off road and making it a project, I don't think I'll be able to do that, unfortunately. I don't really have a place I could store it, nor do I have the knowledge to work on it myself. I asked my mechanic about getting someone else to restore it, and the cost he gave me was more than I can afford. He's perfectly willing to pull off a souvenir for me, though, which is good.

Also, I know it happened months ago, but I'm sorry about your dog. I can imagine people thinking that my grief is silly or insignificant compared to losing a pet, which makes me appreciate your comment more.

I can imagine people thinking that my grief is silly or insignificant compared to losing a pet, which makes me appreciate your comment more.
We all get attached to things we have lot of memory with, be they pets or objects. Lots of objects can be worthless in monetary or practical value, but priceless in personal value.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
I took a load of photos of my first car and kept the spare key. Silly things like a floormat in my man cave as well. 👍
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.

Offline deathspeed

• i can't think of a good avatar
    • Steam
I still have one of the wheel center caps from my first car, a 1977 Pontiac Grand LeMans.  I wish I had more pictures of it.
Maybe someday God will give you a little pink toaster of your own.

I started HRT this past Sunday, so I guess that's a thing that's happening in my life.  :D

But are you an estronaut or a testostesaurus?

Blocking the T and boosting the E.

Also, don't tell people you're "taking E" without providing context first.  Their first thought is likely to be that you're on something far less benign than estradiol.  :lol:

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Sooooo...I've logged back in after a few years.

What has happened since the last login: left my job, started studying overseas, bought a gaming laptop.

Now I'm in the same country as Dekker (but probably not in the same city).
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline deathspeed

• i can't think of a good avatar
    • Steam
Welcome back!
Maybe someday God will give you a little pink toaster of your own.

"Now there's name I've not heard in a long while."