Author Topic: 2 Male Voice Actors Required- Closed  (Read 6279 times)

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
2 Male Voice Actors Required- Closed
The Knights of Alrukabi requires 2 male voice actors. The names for these parts will not be disclosed.

Role 1:
Male
American, Northern accent preferable
Aged late twenties and upwards, or able to fake it.

Quote from: Sample Text
25th of October, 2367. Personal Log.
They say that the pilots of high caliber get the best of the war. We also get the worst.

On the news media, the citizens of the GTVA all believe that the pilots fighting on the front are heroes, strong and fearless. They are deluded. They do not have ghosts of the past to haunt them. They do not know what it is like to have the blood of people on their hands. Yet still, they cheer us on, hopeful and unknowing. Perhaps it is good in a way.

Role 2:
Male
American or English accent
Aged thirties to forties preferably. Mid-Late twenties may also be acceptable, any deep voice really.
Quote from: Sample Text
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother

Voice actors willing to apply for either part are required to submit samples, preferably of the sample text.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 11:47:43 pm by Dilmah G »

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Re: 2 Male Voice Actors Required
EDIT: Sample text changed

Well, I would like to submit a sample if it would be of Any help.   http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?gtxzjyr5yzn   
   I'm new to Freespace2 and The forums. Just looking for a place to help out.

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Hey Moonbreaker, we've filled Role 1 (Sorry I forgot to edit it before), however if you're interested I can talk to you about Role 2?

Offline FoxtrotTango

• "...in a way, you've stolen his soul."
If you have the first role already filled, you don't really need me any more. I would have liked to know when you wanted the samples, as well as a little guidance with the mood and atmosphere during reading, but you've found one without any consideration for any of the other eligible actors that you called on. You really should have specified that there was a deadline. First come, first serve roles rule out the possibility of any better talent showing up and is overall very unprofessional, but then again, so is not specifying when you want the samples in.

I may sound rather affront and harsh, but I feel insulted. I was going to work on it, but what use is it now that you've already brought someone on for that role? If you were still taking auditions for it, but had said person in mind, it wouldn't cheat the rest of the people you've asked about for said same role. If I didn't make the cut, it would be a fair defeat and I'd not be as irritated as I am.

Believe me, I want to do this. But right now, there's no point.

Sure Sounds Good To Me. Just let me Know what you Need done

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Well you're welcome to audition for any of the two roles, as you may have noticed, upon FoxtrotTango's advice, I've opened all roles to auditions, me and eliex will select the best of the lot, and if any new roles come up they'll be posted here.

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Re: 2 Male Voice Actors Required- Deadline: 5th June
Well since I haven't received samples from either of you, I'm extending the date by a day. (Keep in mind I'm in Australia, GMT 8+)

Offline FoxtrotTango

Re: 2 Male Voice Actors Required- Deadline: 5th June
Well since I haven't received samples from either of you, I'm extending the date by a day. (Keep in mind I'm in Australia, GMT 8+)

It's only been five days for me, not six. Remember, you have to take into account the International Date Line.

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Re: 2 Male Voice Actors Required- Deadline: 6th June
Yeah.

Offline FoxtrotTango

Sorry it took so long. By a wild stroke of luck, I found a great replacement for my old headset for just five bucks. It's got the noise-canceling I wanted, and now that it's all calibrated, here's your samples for both roles respectively. Here's hoping that at least one of them has a future.

I've Seen Some Things, Man, And Some Stuff
Trying Out For Henry V

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
It's cool, I'll give it a listen.

Alrighty Here is Sample 1  http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?qzmmttdtzwd

And of Course Sample 2+(Lower Voice...i tried..)  http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mvzzkmz2hz3

Sorry. Im 18 minutes late for the Deadline.

^^^^^^^^   NICE!!! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ 1 hour Behind my time for Forum Time.  Nice.  I'm not late =)

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
:lol: Thanks for the samples, I'll give 'em a listen now as well.

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Ah, they were good samples MoonBreaker, however I would ask that you turn down the sensitivity of the microphone, because I'm getting a lot of background noise on them.

FoxtrotTango, yours were alright as well, however the quality of the mic is showing, perhaps place it a little further away if we select you for the role.

Thanks again :)

Offline FoxtrotTango

The quality of my mic is showing? What does that mean? Just keep it farther from my mouth? I don't get the lingo here.

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Re: 2 Male Voice Actors Required- Closed
Yeah, the audio became a little garbled at some points, keeping it a little further away should help.

Offline FoxtrotTango

Yeah, the audio became a little garbled at some points, keeping it a little further away should help.

Alright, that's not much to ask at all. Which role did I get again? I'm just curious.

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Well me and eliex are currently discussing your suitability, at the moment it's looking to swing to role 2.

Moonbreaker, we'll keep you posted, me and eliex might use you for another role we're discussing at the moment.