Author Topic: What would you like to see in this mod  (Read 4012 times)

Re: What would you like to see in this mod
I have this crazy thought of seeing the hawkish, territorial, expansionist Earth Alliance from Inferno in-game as well.

Holy ****, yes this would own so much. There should be enough ships in the upcoming INF release to make this happen, too!

If I was given permission to do that, i could quite possibly make that happen in the near future

If you did, I could help with that, I know THAT for certain.
Stardust, the Sword of Vengeance[A starship combat addict]

Offline JSRNerdo

• Theā˜†FREDer
I have this crazy thought of seeing the hawkish, territorial, expansionist Earth Alliance from Inferno in-game as well.

Holy ****, yes this would own so much. There should be enough ships in the upcoming INF release to make this happen, too!

If I was given permission to do that, i could quite possibly make that happen in the near future

You're still INF badged so you should still have access to our models, you could get it ready and we can work a deal for a simultaneous or slightly delayed release for when Inferno releases, maybe?
AKA [`_`]
Inferno: It's the I in Inferno / It's the beam spam delight / Risin' up to a shock jump arrivaaaaaal
Between The Ashes: Look just a really cool and neat thing, OK?
The Last Stand: A very episodic capship command mini-campaign
Dimesional Eclipse: An experiment gone horribly right
Breakthrough: A pretty standard but not really capship command mission

Offline majorvader111

• STRAYA... Home of Tincan and string internet
    • Twitter
You're still INF badged so you should still have access to our models, you could get it ready and we can work a deal for a simultaneous or slightly delayed release for when Inferno releases, maybe?

Yeah i know, i'm using a few inferno models in my current mod at the moment, as for a inferno sins mod it would take quite a while to get a prealpha out, so inferno would be out and about before i even release a prealpha out.

I would also have to deal with getting around sins hardcoded limits, which i'm trying to get the devs to sort out, which hopefully can get sorted out by the devs.
How the hell is Australia's digital economy supposed to expand when we will be stuck on Tin can and string for high speed internet and communications????????

Whatever gets it out there, even in a prealpha state! <3

What sorts of hardcoded limits are you referring to, vader? It supports greater than 3 or 4 GB RAM now, assuming you have all the DLC for SINS...

Offline majorvader111

• Twitter
Whatever gets it out there, even in a prealpha state! <3

What sorts of hardcoded limits are you referring to, vader? It supports greater than 3 or 4 GB RAM now, assuming you have all the DLC for SINS...

well for a start
1. The 5 weapon limit on any ship needs increasing
2. The ability to have additional Shipyard build pages
3. Be able to add abilities to strike craft
4. Ability to have a setting in a ships file to tell what direction the ship faces when attacking instead of DPS facing direction
5. Have the TargetCountPerBank tied onto the weapon section instead of a ship section so you could have certain weapons have multiple targetcounts intead of the ship itself
6. Ability to add shields to fighters
7. The ability to have submunition weapons
8. The ability for particle forge to add weapon trails as its too hard to add a trail effect to a weapon without it costing a lot of particle counts.
How the hell is Australia's digital economy supposed to expand when we will be stuck on Tin can and string for high speed internet and communications????????

It's hardcoded to 5 weapon points? I didn't know that. But you DO have multiple types of what are arguably the same type of weapon - beams and gauss come to mind. Would it be easier to have one type of beam weapon instead of the direct beam and the slash beam? I know what they're supposed to do in FS2, but SINS doesn't render slashing beams, and THAT is a real shame, there! Short version is it seems like extra work you don't need to do. But the added detail is very cool, and if you were to go back and redo the weapons, that'd involve editing a LOT of ship files, which I wouldn't be too keen on doing either :P

I'm guessing you have more ships you'd like to add, but due to the shipyards only allowing you to build 8 or 9, that's where you're getting stuck? That DOES suck. Sadly, as that's the way the game's always been, I don't see the devs doing anything about it anytime soon. You could always create subfactions (at least of the GTVA), similar to how the stock Loyalists and Rebels have access to units the other does not; that'd free up some build space. Just a thought. Hope it doesn't hold you back.

As for the rest... well, maybe SINS 2 will have additional allowances for what you've got in mind. Sins has been out nearly a decade now, and is still being worked on by the devs. I'm still tinkering with SOTBP, myself. Maybe we'll be pleasantly surprised one day to learn that Ironclad's been doing preliminary work behind closed doors with their Oxide Engine for a glorious rendition of SINS 2. I know I'd like to know what the Vasari are running from...
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 08:46:46 pm by Stardust »

Offline crizza

Not exactly whait would you like to see, but what about the refit of ships?
Hovering over an Orion shows some sort of refit stats. How does this work or is it not implemented?
Check out my blog:

http://geo.schulzbert.de/

Offline majorvader111

• Twitter
Not exactly whait would you like to see, but what about the refit of ships?
Hovering over an Orion shows some sort of refit stats. How does this work or is it not implemented?

Basically you unlock extra weapons for the orion when you go down the FTI doctrine tree

Armada 3 did something similar, when you researched the Venture upgrade to the Galaxy class starsip, it unlocked quantum torpedoes and additional phasers. Also gave slight buff to stats and made a minor change to the model.