Author Topic: [Release] 3/09/16 Star Wars OT Mod Asset Release  (Read 74675 times)

Offline wookieejedi

• Intensify Forward Firepower
[Release] 3/09/16 Star Wars OT Mod Asset Release
At this point this is more of an asset release. Please do ask permission though if you want to use anything! Thanks!

Also, a few years back I joined the main Fate of the Galaxy team and we’ve been working on regular updates since . :)

Overall, the Original Trilogy mod was my much earlier work and is far below my current quality. Furthermore, the models/textures were poorly optimized, the mod itself only had 1 official mission, and the build it uses is ancient. It will be much more worth it to wait for Fate of the Galaxy (quarterly updates are posted on the forum board and very frequent chatter and smaller updates are posted on our Discord).

FotG Forum: https://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?board=143.0
FotG Discord:https://discord.gg/k7ZMdmt

Announcing the newest patch to Version 4 of the Star Wars Original Trilogy Mod!

Link: (requires version 4, which is also linked below)
http://www.moddb.com/mods/star-wars-the-original-trilogy-mod/downloads/star-wars-original-trilogy-v411-patch

As many of you know I, wookieejedi, am stepping down as team leader.  IrresponsibleCaptNathan contacted me with his updates to the mod, and I passed control over to him. He will be posting on this site soon with his own thread about the updates also. I give him my full support going forward and I am excited to see his progress with the mod. We have talked in depth and I fully agree with the changes he has made and what he wants to do moving forward. Hope you all enjoy the improvements he has and continues to make, as I have!

[OLDER]
The Fourth Public Beta has been released!
Code: [Select]
5/06/15

[b]Here is the link:[/b]
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxTcFELCUm4HSUJ3SzVmU0Z3N2c/view?usp=sharing

Announcing The Original Trilogy Version 4 release! There is a wide range of new content, a host of bugs are fixed, and many balance issues have been dealt with. Also there are now multiplayer missions! Read below for a full debrief...

Version 4 Full Change/Addition Log
[b]Additions:[/b]
-Added two new multiplayer missions, one TvT and one FFA.
-Added custom HUD for the Rebels and Empire.
-Added new music and improved the soundtrack diversity.
-Added many new and improved Imperial HUD animations and a set of new neutral pilot animations. Credits to coffeesoft.
-Added landing capabilities to the fighter-bays.
-Added Bridge subsystem to Imperial Star Destroyer.
-Added improved model of the Millennium Falcon. 
-Added B-wing AI profile, weapons, and HUD icon.
-Added new secondary weapon specifically for the Assault Gunboat, the Heavy Rocket. Thanks to FekLeyrTarg.
-Added better Death Star backgrounds.
-Added hiqh quality new briefing animations. Credits to coffeesoft.
-Add better animations for conversations in Prologue. Credits to coffeesoft.

[b]Fixes:[/b]
-Fixed ship radius calculations to improve AI performance.
-Fixed crashes related to the mouse script and hit indicator. Unfortunately that means neither script is in the mod any more. 
-Fixed all major bugs with the Prologue not working correctly.
-Fixed the mini-target icon inconsistencies.
-Fixed the collisional holes in the Imperial XQ1 Station.
-Fixed some subsystem naming errors.
-Fixed some thruster placements on various ships.
-Fixed a rotation time error.
-Fix messages.tbl and names of hud ani's.
-Fixed fatal tstrings.tbl error.b Credits to darthdoull.

[b]Balancing:[/b]
-Balanced out primary weapon lasers on smaller ships to prevent snipe-like attacks in multi-player.
-Tweaked and improved AI settings.
-Better balanced the ion cannon.
-Better adjusted subsystem values.
-Balanced concussion missile damage values.

[b]Note on Multiplayer:[/b]
For those of you who want to set up multiplayer missions but do not know how please refer to these pages:
-Setup: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,63609.msg1252911.html#msg1252911
-Toubleshooting: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,63609.msg1252915.html#msg1252915
-Standalone servers: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,63609.msg1253132.html#msg1253132
-The entire wiki for multiplayer is here: http://www.hard-light.net/wiki/index.php/Portal:Multiplayer
The community at HLP is very helpful and friendly so they are a great resource if you are having trouble, too.

[b]Note on Missions:[/b]
All missions are under the Mission Simulator in the Tech Room. Prefixes for the file names have been used to more effectively differentiate mission types. Missions with 00(0, 1, 2, etc) designate official missions in the OT campaign. An N, R, or E will also follow the number to signify Neutral (N), Rebel (R) or Empire (E) type mission. Coop missions are multiplayer missions, FFA designates Free For All and TvT designates Team vs Team. CC in the file name are community created missions. X shows missions that are concept ideas/tests. 

[b]Note on the new script functions: [/b]
-In-Mission Techroom: Alt-1 shows your ship info, Alt-2 shows weapon info, and Alt-3 shows info about target. You can check the status of the subsystems, which is very handy for planning an attack strategy on a larger ship like a Mark II SD.  It is also included since all of the ships and weapons are relatively unfamiliar.

[b]Requirements:[/b]
Freespace 2: Open engine, Media VPs 3.6.14, and FSO 3.7.2 Final. Freespace 2 can be found on gog.com for under 5 US dollars and the free FS2 Open 3.7.2 and Media VPs 2014 are located at this site: Hard-light.net

[b]Installation:[/b]
To install just unzip the folder and place it in your FS2 directory. Then select the mod with your launcher.

Version 4 Screenshots:

[img]http://media.moddb.com/cache/images/mods/1/23/22410/thumb_620x2000/screen0061.jpg[/img]

[img]http://media.moddb.com/cache/images/mods/1/23/22410/thumb_620x2000/TIE_HUD.jpg[/img]

[img]http://media.moddb.com/cache/images/mods/1/23/22410/thumb_620x2000/X-wing_HUD.jpg[/img]

Version 3
Announcing Version 3 of the Star Wars: Original Trilogy. There has been a whole year since the last release, but in that time a lot of work has been completed. A large amount of new content has been added, such as the first official mission of the campaign, model point shields that better represent the movie, cockpits, and  a host of other features. Also, the biggest bugs have been fixed, along with a wide range of smaller ones. Furthermore, balancing issues have been modified, such as increasing the effectiveness of turret AI, spacing of better LODs (for better performance), and overall ship hit point balancing. Much more work is ideally going to come, though it may be somewhat slow for a while. As always any feedback is highly valued. Thank you for the support!

Here is the entire Version 3 change log:
[code]Additions:
-Added the first official mission to the Star Wars Original Trilogy Campaign. It is even mostly voice acted thanks to Altureus and Gen_Rhys_Dallows.
-Added 'model point shields' as a part of the newest features of FSO 3.7.2. Now, as in the movies, craft like X-wings have front and rear deflectors and larger ships have 'Bridge Deflector Shields' and ect. Similarly updated all shield HUD images to fit the new shield system.
-Added full ship cockpits for the following craft: X-wing, A-wing, TIEs, Falcon, Y-wing, and Z-95. The cockpits are especially nice for Track IR users. Also, these will likely get improved at later releases. On a side note: these are public assets from Star Wars Galaxies.
-Added a full custom Star Wars style interface background. Thanks to coffeesoft for all the hard work with that one, it looks great.
-Added a fun new mission, thanks to FekLeyrTarg. Be prepared to ambush some assault gunboats with a squadron of X-Wings.
-Added DS Surface and separate turrets for mappers. Thanks coffeesoft.
-Added hit/kill indicator, thanks BlasterNT.
-Added better radar images to differentiate fighters, bombers, and capital ships.
-Added In-Mission Techroom Script so you can review/analyze your ship and weapons, and your target's ships and subsystems during a mission (it automatically pauses the game). Thanks to FelixJim. 
-Added mouse script for convenience of trying to hit or avoid fast moving TIEs. Thanks to Sushi for the modified version.
-Added guided missiles script, so other modders could play around with it.
-Added turret rotation sounds.
-Added animations to the Rebel and Empire tech room descriptions.
-Added Rebel and Imperial pilots and an R2 unit. Can be used for missions rescuing pilots or capturing them.
-Added a lot of custom pilot images such as Wookiee, Rebel or Imperial Pilot, Boba Fett, etc. Thanks coffeesoft.
-Added multiple different Death Star 2 images for mappers who may want to use different lighting conditions.
-Changed the center reticule and lead indicator shapes. 
-Added subsystems on smaller ships.
-Added more planets like Endor, Hoth, Dagobah, Yavin, etc. Thanks coffeesoft.
-Added more variety to explosions and impacts of ships and weapons. 
-Added many different types of large asteroids. Thanks to fightermedic.
-Added a neutral themed soundtrack.
-Changed splash screen to something more familiar, and added a new intro movie.
-Added a DS I surface (even has a trench) and turrets for mappers to play around with. Thanks coffeesoft.

Fixes:
-Fixed music bug, now there are no error messages about ranges when loading missions.
-Fixed the missing ship icons on ships that previously did not have one and redid all the others for higher quality.
-Fixed Falcon's incorrect cockpit and Moment of Inertia issue.
-Improved escape pod textures and model. Thanks cofeesoft.
-Fixed the 'Inactive' missile slot.
-Fixed name run over in target view for shield generators.
-Fixed some spelling.
-Fixed turret hitpoint issues on larger ships.
-Fixed Warpout radius and other stuff like leave time.
-Fixed various mission crashes and ensured that there are no longer any runover missions from the MediaVPs.
-Changed subspace sound.
-Updated credits.

Balancing:
-Further modified AI behaviour, especially in regards to turrets.
-Added a large revision of AI and ship classes. Also added many more ship commands for both larger and smaller ships.
-Altered subsystems on larger ships like turrets and shield generators.
-Slightly lowered range of primary weapons to 1200 m (rather then 2000 m) to improve balance issues in regards to the automatic convergent auto-aim.
-Further balanced shield and hit-point values.
-Add better spacing of LODs for better performance.
-Altered subsystem repair rate so now only ships with R2 units have hull and subsystem repairing. 
-Removed some unused files.
-Added more realistic physics for secondary weapons.
-Added docking points and hangar bay subsystem to the asteroid base.
-Altered the ion cannon to more closely resemble the Hoth Cannon effects in Episode V. It now better fit's its role as a disabling weapon/shielding removing weapon.

Version 2
This massive update concentrates on totally revamping and correcting the turret systems for the large ships, supplying a large visual upgrade for the laser effects, adding lots of new ships and models, providing some much needed balance issues, lots of bug and others fixes, adding new ships, community created missions, and of course a massive slew of corrections and additions. Plus I include an informational overview for how to get the most out of playing the mod and a detailed explanation of useable features and content for other FREDers and modders.  Please see the designated section headings for more information. 

[i]*Note you do not need Version 1, this is a full standalone version. If you have Version 1 please delete it then install this version. This update changed almost everything, and I took out some unused files, thus the reason for the full release.[/i] 

[b]Mod Guide for Players and Modders/FREDers:[/b]

I have included the mod guide in this release as well, please see the file "SW_OT_Guide&Modding." Both .txt and .docx versions are available.

[u][b]Detailed Update Log for Beta V.2[/b][/u]

-Included 7 new, mostly community created, missions, though none are completely finished except the one from Hobbie.
-Fixed some models' dock points so Hobbie custom's mission could work properly.
-Upgraded visual laser and thrusters effects, credits to DaBrain.
-Added new models for all secondary weapons thanks to Galemp.
-Added seismic charge secondary weapon.
-Revamped and flushed out the entire turret system of all large ships. Added many more lines and flags to the turret tables and AI tables to alter names, behaviour, and firing style.
-Modified and corrected large ship gun placements and balanced the number of gun types each large ship had.
-Toned down maximum ranges for weapons and adjusted for larger ship turrets, i.e. now the largest turrets have the longest ranges.
-Added low polygon Millennium Falcon, Assault Gunboat, TIE Avenger, and Super Star Destroyer Executor and high poly Escape Pod, multiple satellites, and Outer Rim Hyperspace Buoy.
-Added new and higher quality Mainhall, thanks to cofeesoft.
-Added AG-2G Quad Laser Cannon for Millennium Falcon.
-Added AI profile for the Assault Gunboat and TIE Avenger.
-Fixed dual firing torpedo bug. Before it would only fire one, not both. 
-Added flyable Corvette with configurable Cap-ship Command Script.
-Added X-Wing textures with gold, green and grey flight colors.
-Added the Container Type A based on the Bulk Freighter.
-Added optional cockpits with a addon .tbm file. These are taken from Steve-O fighters (Uriel, Wraith, etc...).
-Added Death Star 2 as a usable background.
-Fixed muzzle flash colors and thruster colors and adjusted thruster sizes. Also added thrusters to the Z-95 Headhunter and Imperial Shuttle.
-Included a custom star-field courtesy of MetalDestoyer. 
-Fixed a bug causing the Mon Calamari Cruisers to not work.
-Changed the minimum distance for weapons so the AI would stop running into the player.
-Fixed the incorrect value for the Y-Wing autoaim field; it was 0, now it is 5.
-Removed explosions from Ion Cannon impacts.
-Tweaked Proton Torpedo values to be more damaging but have a shorter range.
-Fixed bug where AI will not use the right primaries and secondaries.
-Fixed sound bug where getting hit did not make any sound.
-Adjusted bounce value so it is not as extreme.
-Slowed X-wing and TIE Interceptor fire rate, tweaked the Y-wing laser settings, and slightly slowed energy drain on most weapons.
-Adjusted shield and hull strengths and speeds to give a slightly wider separation between Z95, X-wing, and Y-wing.
-Added auto convergence to TIE Bomber and Fighter to correct for player firing difficulties.
-Incorporate Auxiliary A-wing guns.
-Added very minute thruster points for the TIE Fighter, Interceptor, and Avenger and adjusted thruster locations and sizes on other ships.
-Adjusted damage spews on larger ships.
-Adjusted POS of ships.
-Fixed incorrect icons on some ships.
-Made some sounds like shield transfer and fly bys slightly louder.
-Added a long shield manage delay to larger ships, thus more strategy can me used in destroying one.
-Changed large ship weapons firing rates.
-Make general Empire and Rebel AI to account for ship changes at the start of missions.
-Updated credits.
-Fixed spellings in many places.
-Incorporated both Imperial and Alliance symbols into the spinning animation in the Mainhall.
-Removed unused files.

Version 1
Here it is, the 1st official release of the Star Wars: Original Trilogy Mod (DL link is at the bottom). Let me state this at the beginning, this is not on any level with Fate of the Galaxy, they have some of the best coders, modders, and mission designers on their team and that release will be awesome. With that said, I of course believe this mod has some awesome potential  :D(read on to find out). Those of you who remember my release from a year ago, this is pretty much a different mod due to all the new content and improvements :)     

Also, let me state there will be many more releases and updates shortly (don’t worry they will be much smaller in file size). This release is an open beta, to allow the public to test the feel of the ships and to blow up some evil Imperials or Rebel scum (whichever you prefer). I included two very basic test missions for both the Rebels and Empire, both of which have nearly the same setup, thus meaning the deciding factor in the battle is your skill with battle tactics as a wing leader. Since this is an open beta, it is up to you the player to provide feedback and comments/criticism. Please let me know what I should change from the small craft, and feel free to make more missions with larger craft yourself. Everything is working and tweaked for all the ships (large and small) but I only included the small ships in the first release to keep the testing simple for now.

[u][b]Contents:[/b][/u]

-Warfull’s custom Star Wars ships, all with heavy table editing for larger explosions, proper looking lasers and thrusters, muzzle flashes, realistic hyperspace jumps, movie similar flight styles and weapons, and proper Star Wars sounds.

-Custom Star Wars weapons, both primary and secondary, such as the proton torpedoes, concussion missiles, and proton bombs.

-152 custom Star Wars sounds, which have been incorporated into most aspects of the mod.

-Custom AI, which I have based off of Fury’s AI and modified, as best I can, to represent the Star Wars style of combat. Each craft also has a custom AI set, along with a leader AI. For example X-wings have a custom AI profile, along with a Lead X-wing profile. 

-Custom Mainhall, with custom music.

-As I already mentioned there are two very short playable test missions, to allow the player to get a feel for the Empire and Rebel craft and play-style.

-92 custom music selections from the Star Wars universe. 8 custom soundtracks, representing both Imperial and Rebellion themes over the course of ANH, ESB, and RotJ. 3 custom briefing tracks, 5 custom debriefing tracks, 4 custom Mainhall tracks, and 2 custom credit tracks.

-12 custom wingman personas (6 Imperial and 6 Rebellion). Also custom personas for the Rebel Blockade Runner, Nebulon B Frigate, Mon Calamari Cruiser, 2 personas for Star Destroyers, and 2 (1 Rebel and 1 Empire) personas each for the space stations and freighters. 

-Much more miscellaneous stuff, such as custom a zoom key (d) and primary linking support (key o),  Intelligence, credits, and custom planets.   

May the force be with you…
« Last Edit: December 13, 2021, 05:23:29 pm by wookieejedi »

Offline Veers

Re: [Release] Star Wars Original Trilogy Mod Public Beta
I only had a very quick run through with the furballs provided.

I enjoyed it once I raged over the bloody speed of everything. But the models and all look pretty solid, works without any errors for me. :)
Current Activities/Projects: Ideas and some storyline completed.

ArmA 2&3 Mission Designer and player.

WoD - I like Crystal. <3

Offline coffeesoft

• Bip Bip
Congratulations for the work done, nice tbls and nice explosions !!!

Let´s kill some Ties to test  :D
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 03:15:34 pm by coffeesoft »

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
Ok, I try it. Too bad, I thought there will be some great missions. :( I found only 2 random missions, each from each faction.
In the next few days (2 days lefts and I'm in holydays), I will get some much free time, ansd I will give you some stuff in VP format so people can also play with it. Sorry if I didn't answer to your MP, I was too busy. :)

I don't really like how laser energy is managed. They got depleted very very fast and the firing rate is far too excessive. 

So stay tune.

Offline wookieejedi

Ok, I try it. Too bad, I thought there will be some great missions. :( I found only 2 random missions, each from each faction.
In the next few days (2 days lefts and I'm in holydays), I will get some much free time, ansd I will give you some stuff in VP format so people can also play with it. Sorry if I didn't answer to your MP, I was too busy. :)

I don't really like how laser energy is managed. They got depleted very very fast and the firing rate is far too excessive. 

So stay tune.

Yeah, it would have taken much longer to release good missions, so I wanted first to correct anything with balance and style, that way I wouldn't have to remake missions later (hence the public beta). And no worries, I totally understand getting too busy.

As for the laser management, I tried to base it off of the movies, since it really only requires a short accurate burst to kill other ships. And I tried to judge what the rate of fire was from the movies and use that in the mod. I will for sure be adjusting some though. 

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
Okay, I made a custom mission so I can get a better view on how you managed energy. I began to replace some stuff with tbm (visual only, no stat change for now).

Offline wookieejedi

Okay, I made a custom mission so I can get a better view on how you managed energy. I began to replace some stuff with tbm (visual only, no stat change for now).

This looks quite awesome! Out of curiosity what visual stuff have you altered? Also, I thought about what you said and have been working on Version 2.1 and I have changed the laser fire rates and recharges a bit, plus a couple of other things:

-Changed the minimum distance for weapons so the AI would stop running into the player.
-Tweaked the Y-wing laser settings.
-Removed explosions from Ion Cannon Impacts.
-Fixed the incorrect value for the Y-Wing autoaim field; it was 0, now it is 5.
-Updated readme.
-Tweaked Proton Torpedo values to be more damaging but have a shorter range.
-Fixed bug where AI will not use the right primaries and secondaries.
-Adjusted bounce value so it is not as extreme.
-Slowed X-wing and TIE Interceptor fire rate, and slightly slowed energy drain on most weapons.
-Adjusted shield and hull strengths and speeds to give a slightly wider separation between Z95, X-wing, and Y-wing.
-Added auto convergence to TIE Bomber and Fighter to correct for player firing difficulties.

Based on what I have noticed and what others have said in PM's I plan on chaining the following shortly:

-Incorporate Auxiliary A-wing guns.
-Make General Empire and Rebel AI to account for ship changes at the start of missions.
-Modify and correct large ship gun placements.
-Adjust POS of ships.
-Add new models of a Outer Rim Hyperspace bouy and escape pod.
-Tone down max ranges for weapons.

I will release a update 2.1 Version once those changes are completed (plus others anyone may suggest).

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
Fo now, I replaced:
- thruster animation
- laser glow and bitmap
- resize laser
- add a new starfield

I will upload the mod of the mod so everybody can test it. I will also include additional simple missions. :)

Offline wookieejedi

Fo now, I replaced:
- thruster animation
- laser glow and bitmap
- resize laser
- add a new starfield

I will upload the mod of the mod so everybody can test it. I will also include additional simple missions. :)

Awesome! Replacing the thrusters and lasers was always another mid-length term goal of mine (I was always asset searching), so I am really  happy someone is doing that. Thus I can't wait to try it out! Also, as a side note, if you are on ModDB I can give you manager/admin status on the OT's mod page. If not then no worries.   

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
Something weird I noticed when playing:
- AI fighter doesn't stop to collide themself instead of being in formation
- it is not possible to completely stop our engine :( we are stuck at 60m/s

Offline Lorric

I see it's your birthday. Happy birthday! :)

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!

Offline Lorric

You're welcome.  :)

Offline wookieejedi

- AI fighter doesn't stop to collide themself instead of being in formation

So do you mean they don't stay in formation? I guess I am not quite sure what you mean, sorry

- it is not possible to completely stop our engine :( we are stuck at 60m/s

Yeah, if the speed can go down to 0 the AI likes to fly slow (which I felt didn't quite represent Star Wars) but I may make the min speed a bit lower nevertheless depending on what the general consensus is. All larger ships have the min velocity of 0 though. 

And happy birthday! :)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 11:37:26 am by wookieejedi »

Keep up the good work. Hopefully you will get the time you need to finish this.

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
You say Battle of Endor ? You got it ! (still in WIP).

One quick comment. The models seem a bit dark and hard to see them any of the nice details.  They sure fly by fast!

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
I've just uploaded some upgrade to this mods. Unzip and place all folders under "data2" into "data".
The zip contains:
- 3-4 missions (battle of endor, tantive IV, Hobbie custom mission, etc...) not finished except the one from Hobbie
- fix some models so Hobbie custom's mission could work properly (dock point)
- upgraded visual laser and thrusters
- added Millenium Falcon, Super Star Destroyer Executor
- added AG-2G Quad Laser Cannon for Millenium Falcon
- added cockpits taken from awesome Steve-O fighters (Uriel, Wraith, etc...)
- added awesome starfield from one of HLP member
- added Death Star II as background

Crédits goes to:
- DaBrain for his awesome work on Lasers and Thrusters effects
- Steve-O for the cockpit
- Darth Doul for the low poly Millenium Falcon
- Hobbie for his custom mission

However, these missions aren't complete and the same goes to the Super Star Destroyer.
You can grab the stuff here at MediaFire.

Here what you could expect in this upgrade (more here):

« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 07:15:18 pm by MetalDestroyer »

Offline coffeesoft

• Bip Bip
Many thanks MetalDestroyer, let´s play it  ...   :)

Offline wookieejedi

Looks awesome! I will be downloading and incorporating it into my major table and pof update which takes care of lots of bugfixes, balance issues, and lots of work making the cap ships actually have balanced and working turrets and ai changes. I will also incorporate coffeesofts mainhall and hud message changes all which will be combined into a large version two release. Plus a new mission. Thanks again for all the suggestions and help, we greatly appreciate it!