Author Topic: [Release] 3/09/16 Star Wars OT Mod Asset Release  (Read 74670 times)

Re: [Release] 3/09/16 Star Wars OT Mod New Patch
Any news on the next patch?

I expect to release it within the the next week/two at most and I must apologize for the recent lack of updates to this thread by me - 
There has been quite of bit of work behind the scenes with much more added to the mod as well as a lot of work on the balancing and difficulty levels. At this point I just want to get a couple more missions finished so you guys have some more things to actually play with all the neat new stuff :) I have been posting images of some of the new additions  so make sure and check those out at our moddb page http://www.moddb.com/mods/star-wars-the-original-trilogy-mod

Some highlights coming in the next version are -

ScreenCam Script Mod integration
T-Wings
New Battle of Endor Mission
Re-done 'gauntlet' missions
Classic 'Frigate Duel' missions from X-Wing vs. Tie (Rebel and Empire versions)
B-Wing with full cockpit
Re-done plain YT-1300 with autonomous turret.
New high poly Millennium Falcon model
Upgraded Tie-Fighter Cockpits
Player controllable Star Destroyers and Frigates
Return of the classic Mag-Pulse missile
More balance fixes and changes
And more!

Once again thanks for yours an everyone elses continued support!
And there will of course be a big announcement when the patch is available. However to simplify matters I may just release a full version as opposed to a patch.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 03:53:55 pm by tnathan475 »
The Irresponsible Captain Nathan
http://steamcommunity.com/id/IrresponsibleCaptNathan/
Team Leader - Star Wars Original Trilogy Mod
http://www.moddb.com/mods/star-wars-the-original-trilogy-mod

Hello everyone I want to apologize for the new version being delayed due to some unforeseen circumstances (I think we all know how bad things can get when Real Life gets in the way unfortunately) - it will be released soon sometime this week.

Hey we all know that real life takes priority. I have to say what you and Wookiejedi have done with your time and talents look impressive. Fate of The Galaxy is looking like the Duke Nukem Forever of Freespace 2 based games. Not sure when we will ever see it. This MOD has had very little means and resources but it has shown what can be done. Let's hope FOTG finally comes out someday.

In the meantime looking forward to seeing what you have done.

Offline wookieejedi

• Intensify Forward Firepower
Hey we all know that real life takes priority. I have to say what you and Wookiejedi have done with your time and talents look impressive.

Thanks, that means a lot!

hey wookie... so what is up with FOTG these days? Are we ever going to see it become reality? Maybe before the next Star Wars movie? lol

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Before Rogue One in Dec 2016? Probably not  :p

Work is still occurring on FotG, albeit at a slow pace, as many of us are tied up with RL as well.
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Balance, polish & bugfixes, plus this "little bit" of tedious work.

2d Graphics Artist
  • UI refresh
  • Planet backgrounds
  • Cockpit interior design

I don't really want to detail the OT trilogy release thread further, if you'd like to continue the chat can we take it over to the FotG board? (feels like we're drawing attention away from the great work that's been done in this mod)
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline ksotar

Well, how is it going with this mod?

I'm very interested in it, and I try to use it in my VR setup: https://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=94152.0

Anounced T-Wings and a classic Frigate misson are also of great interest for me. Is there someone alive and kicking? :)

I think I could provide some help. For example, I found a bug that lead to game crash on loading jpeg images, and m!m has found a solution for it. So then pull request will be ready, mod will be able to run with the latest master.

Also I see some inconsistencies in ship models, like those. I can try to fix them.

Offline DefCynodont119

• Ascended GTSC-Faustus Artist
    • Steam
@TNathan475 is the one who works on this, you can PM him or I can message him on steam.

I donated a few concept missions, it's not representative of the mod's current state but if you/I can't reach him I can just dump you the files I have.
My gift from Freespace to Cities Skylines:  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=639891299

Offline wookieejedi

@TNathan475 is the one who works on this, you can PM him or I can message him on steam.

I donated a few concept missions, it's not representative of the mod's current state but if you/I can't reach him I can just dump you the files I have.

^Right. Thanks for everyone's continued interest in the mod! As it's former head it is very cool to see! As part of FotG hopefully I can make it worth the wait for all the people who still want something like this.

Offline ksotar

Thank you all for your replies. I was contacted by Ple in discord, he seems to be the only developer right now. He says TNathan475 haven't appeared, like, for year, so I guess we're on our  own now :(

@wookieejedi FOTL seems like totally great effort, and I'm absolutely waiting for it. But we're simple people, sometimes it's better to have something now, when everything later :)

Offline wookieejedi

Yeah I know what you mean, it can be nice to get things in small components rather then having to wait a long time. Good to know PIe has it.

Hello everyone -

First of all i owe everyone a great appology for not getting this mod update out sooner - the last year and a half haven't been the most kind to me but that is no excuse. Thank you everyone for keeping interest in the mod I will plan to have something released soon before the release of the new movie in a couple weeks so everyone can have some extra Star Wars for their holiday - sadly due to a hard drive failure I lost more than a fair share of missions but thankfully still have the core mod and tweaks and everything from the beta I was going to release before real life took over. Thanks again to wookiejedi for his patience and help keeping this mod and interest for it alive - as well as everyone else who has helped/expressed interest or wants to contribute - i cannot thank you enough and once again I am sorry for my absence.
Anyone wishing to contribue missions/assets or discuss the mod with me or help out  please feel free to contact me -

Once again thank you all for your understanding and patience!

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
You guys are all on the HLP Discord server #fotg channel, or simlar, right?  Much easier to communicate, collaborate, and such.

Offline wookieejedi

You guys are all on the HLP Discord server #fotg channel, or simlar, right?  Much easier to communicate, collaborate, and such.

That is correct!

Offline wookieejedi

Anyone want this released on Knossos? I have a good handle on working with the Dev tab now so if anyone is interested I can put the OT mod on Knossos (though I won't be developing this mod any further).

Offline DefCynodont119

• Ascended GTSC-Faustus Artist
    • Steam
Oh, If/before you do that let me just give you what I have now. I donated one or two mission concepts for the "Neutral/Corporate" storyline.
I will PM you soon-ish.

EDIT: sent.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 11:54:33 pm by DefCynodont119 »
My gift from Freespace to Cities Skylines:  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=639891299

Offline wookieejedi

Oh, If/before you do that let me just give you what I have now. I donated one or two mission concepts for the "Neutral/Corporate" storyline.
I will PM you soon-ish.

EDIT: sent.

Cool! Replied  :)

Offline wookieejedi

New FYI the mod's current devs have stated they will eventually release the newest version on Knossos.

Offline ksotar

Hey, maybe we too should create some Discord chat for this mod? I want to continue my modest contributions into this one :)