Author Topic: [Release] 3/09/16 Star Wars OT Mod Asset Release  (Read 74678 times)

Online wookieejedi

• Intensify Forward Firepower
Re: [Release] 3/09/16 Star Wars OT Mod New Patch
From my understanding at this stage it is probably just easiest to PM the current mod leaders or post your updates here. Since I handed the mod off to them they might have a better idea of how much progress is being made, and whether that would warrant additional channels for communication.

Offline ksotar

From my understanding at this stage it is probably just easiest to PM the current mod leaders or post your updates here. Since I handed the mod off to them they might have a better idea of how much progress is being made, and whether that would warrant additional channels for communication.

Are you in touch with someone of them? Captain Nathan seems was dragged away by real life again.

Online wookieejedi

I am not in touch with CaptainNathan but PIe (who is also on the HLP Discord) has been working with him on it because I PMed PIe a banner and title image for when they release the OT mod on Knossos. So I would say your best bet is to check with him.  :)

Offline Novachen

• The one and only capella supernova
    • Twitter
Some questions about this mod, are there are some errors with some ships as it seems.

- The B-Wing is not even displayed on my system. And also it does not have any textures that are assigned in the .pof. On other systems only the untextured B-Wing is displayed.
- There are some crashes with some capital ships due to invalid firing points if you create own missions based upon this modpack.

Are there any fixes for that? Because all the problems happen even with 3.7.2 builds.
I know, this is only a Mod in Beta, but IMO it is beta because many SW ships are still missing and there is only a handful of missions. But the ships that are present in the Mod should work?

On YouTube there are even Videos of this mod which look much more working than the 4.11 i have.
Female FreeSpace 2 pilot since 1999.
Former Global moderator in the German FreeSpace Galaxy Forum.
Developer of NTP - A Multi-Language Translation Library Interface, which allows to play FreeSpace in YOUR Language.

Is one of my releases broken or not working? Please send a PM here, on Discord at @novachen or on Twitter @NovachenFS2, a public tweet or write a reply in my own release threads here on HLP, because these are the only threads i am still participating in.

Online wookieejedi

Some questions about this mod, are there are some errors with some ships as it seems.

- The B-Wing is not even displayed on my system. And also it does not have any textures that are assigned in the .pof. On other systems only the untextured B-Wing is displayed.
- There are some crashes with some capital ships due to invalid firing points if you create own missions based upon this modpack.

Are there any fixes for that? Because all the problems happen even with 3.7.2 builds.
I know, this is only a Mod in Beta, but IMO it is beta because many SW ships are still missing and there is only a handful of missions. But the ships that are present in the Mod should work?

On YouTube there are even Videos of this mod which look much more working than the 4.11 i have.

Even though I am not the mod leader anymore, I think the mod leader is MIA. So I hopefully can answer your questions. Overall, this mod uses builds that are severely outdated and I would say that there is no support left for fixing those errors, and I would recommend not using 4.11, just version 4.0. I do remember many of the models having some issues, but I think 4.11 messed up a few things. This should probably not be classified as a beta anymore, and more of an asset dump. There are a few folks working on their own versions using this mod as base, but I don't think they are planning on releasing anything. Fortunately, Fate of the Galaxy is coming along nicely (which I am working on now) so there will be a very stable Star Wars release coming at some point in the future.