Author Topic: [Release] 3/09/16 Star Wars OT Mod Asset Release  (Read 74676 times)

Offline AdmiralRalwood

• The Cthulhu programmer himself!
    • Twitter
Re: [Release] 8/23/14 Star Wars OT Mod Version 3
Here is the fs2_open.log.
Code: [Select]
WARNING: "$Rotation time: too low; this will disable rotational collisions. All three variables should be >= 1.39. Fix this in ship 'A24 Navbuoy'" at ship.cpp:1888
This isn't the error you quoted above, this is an unrelated (and probably not relevant) warning that can be continued past by hitting "no" on the dialogue box that pops up. Please run the debug build until it gets to an actual error, then post the debug log generated.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Codethulhu GitHub wgah'nagl fhtagn.

schrödinbug (noun) - a bug that manifests itself in running software after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.

When you gaze long into BMPMAN, BMPMAN also gazes into you.

"I am one of the best FREDders on Earth" -General Battuta

<Aesaar> literary criticism is vladimir putin

<MageKing17> "There's probably a reason the code is the way it is" is a very dangerous line of thought. :P
<MageKing17> Because the "reason" often turns out to be "nobody noticed it was wrong".
(the very next day)
<MageKing17> this ****ing code did it to me again
<MageKing17> "That doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll assume it was being done for a reason."
<MageKing17> **** ME
<MageKing17> THE REASON IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID
<MageKing17> ESPECIALLY ME

<MageKing17> God damn, I do not understand how this is breaking.
<MageKing17> Everything points to "this should work fine", and yet it's clearly not working.
<MjnMixael> 2 hours later... "God damn, how did this ever work at all?!"
(...)
<MageKing17> so
<MageKing17> more than two hours
<MageKing17> but once again we have reached the inevitable conclusion
<MageKing17> How did this code ever work in the first place!?

<@The_E> Welcome to OpenGL, where standards compliance is optional, and error reporting inconsistent

<MageKing17> It was all working perfectly until I actually tried it on an actual mission.

<IronWorks> I am useful for FSO stuff again. This is a red-letter day!
* z64555 erases "Thursday" and rewrites it in red ink

<MageKing17> TIL the entire homing code is held up by shoestrings and duct tape, basically.

Offline wookieejedi

• Intensify Forward Firepower
Re: [Release] 5/06/15 Star Wars OT Mod Version 4
Version 4 is out now! See the front page for more details.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxTcFELCUm4HSUJ3SzVmU0Z3N2c/view?usp=sharing

Thanks everyone for your support and assistance!

Offline procdrone

• Formerly TheHound
  • Balance breaker! Thats me!
    • Steam

Big mod...!
--Did it! It's RELEASED! VeniceMirror Thread--

Yay, nice :D
but... Google Drive has download limit?

Offline wookieejedi

Yay, nice :D
but... Google Drive has download limit?

Does it? I also uploaded it on ModDB but am awaiting for it to be authorized. Then I will add that link.

I have no idea, just asking.
FreeSpace Files can be a good mirror too ;)

Offline wookieejedi

I have no idea, just asking.
FreeSpace Files can be a good mirror too ;)

Gothca! Good point!

unable to chose campaign
hi
please i need help with this mod.
i'm unable to change campaign, i see only freespace2 campaign in campaign list and when i try launch mission it give me warnings and freespace training mission in xwing;)
i uploaded log from debug mode:
https://archrulez.org/soubory/fs2_open.log.txt
i tried wx launcher and yet another launcher
sorry for my bad english.

Offline coffeesoft

• Bip Bip
Actually the campaign is on Work in progress, you can play the prologue mission and others simply choosing them from the menu " Tech  Room " and after " Mission Simulator "  :)

Note on Missions:
All missions are under the Mission Simulator in the Tech Room. Prefixes for the file names have been used to more effectively differentiate mission types. Missions with 00(0, 1, 2, etc) designate official missions in the OT campaign. An N, R, or E will also follow the number to signify Neutral (N), Rebel (R) or Empire (E) type mission. Coop missions are multiplayer missions, FFA designates Free For All and TvT designates Team vs Team. CC in the file name are community created missions. X shows missions that are concept ideas/tests. 

I'm dumb, next time i try read instructions more carefully;)
anyway i tried some imperial missions and the gameplay its very good, i hope there will be playable campaign soon. Keep up the good work;)

Offline wookieejedi

anyway i tried some imperial missions and the gameplay its very good, i hope there will be playable campaign soon. Keep up the good work;)

Thanks for the support! A larger campaign is definitely one of the long term goals. Just out of curiosity, what did you think of the TIE's handling?

i am soo damn happy to see this mod is alive and kicking !!!!  :) :pimp:

Offline wookieejedi

i am soo damn happy to see this mod is alive and kicking !!!!  :) :pimp:

Thanks man! That means a lot to me and the rest of the team! :)

Thanks for the support! A larger campaign is definitely one of the long term goals. Just out of curiosity, what did you think of the TIE's handling?

sorry for late reply, tie fighter is fast and agile, i tried gunboat too and the difference is huge, i think its very good;)

Offline wookieejedi

Thanks, we appreciate the feedback!

Any news on updates?

Offline wookieejedi

Any news on updates?

Yes and no. there is progress on mission making, just not with the OT mod. I have actually joined the Fate of the Galaxy team to FRED missions. The tasks I had in the OT mod had got to the point where I was starting to focus solely on mission making anyway, so I figured FREDing for FotG might be more effective since they will able to bring the Star Wars experience to more people via their standalone game. They also have more immersive features then the OT mod, and they very kindly accepted my offer to FRED for them. Unfortunately this means primary work on the OT mod is stopped, but not my work with creating Star Wars missions for people to enjoy. That work will continue on with FotG. Also, as part of a larger and very experienced team (cheif1983, zookeeper, CountBuggula, swashmebuckle and others are all very, very awesome) I can focus on creating quality missions and not have to take time away for dealing with engine bugs, crashes, and balancing. Thus this decision allows me to better pursue my goals of making good missions, while at the same time making them in a more immersive and accessible medium for people to enjoy.   

Thanks for the update. I wish you well working with the FotG guys. Hopefully it will come out in a timely manner.  In the meantime know that what you did was impressive.

Offline coffeesoft

• Bip Bip
Many thanks and good luck !!  :)   :yes:

Offline wookieejedi

Thanks for the update. I wish you well working with the FotG guys. Hopefully it will come out in a timely manner.  In the meantime know that what you did was impressive.

Thank you it means a lot! I am very happy I could have helped make something others enjoyed. I agree, hopefully it does come out in a timely manner.

Many thanks and good luck !!  :)   :yes:

Thanks!