Author Topic: What are you working on?  (Read 308220 times)

Offline AdmiralRalwood

• The Cthulhu programmer himself!
    • Twitter
Re: What are you working on?
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Codethulhu GitHub wgah'nagl fhtagn.

schrödinbug (noun) - a bug that manifests itself in running software after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.

When you gaze long into BMPMAN, BMPMAN also gazes into you.

"I am one of the best FREDders on Earth" -General Battuta

<Aesaar> literary criticism is vladimir putin

<MageKing17> "There's probably a reason the code is the way it is" is a very dangerous line of thought. :P
<MageKing17> Because the "reason" often turns out to be "nobody noticed it was wrong".
(the very next day)
<MageKing17> this ****ing code did it to me again
<MageKing17> "That doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll assume it was being done for a reason."
<MageKing17> **** ME
<MageKing17> THE REASON IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID
<MageKing17> ESPECIALLY ME

<MageKing17> God damn, I do not understand how this is breaking.
<MageKing17> Everything points to "this should work fine", and yet it's clearly not working.
<MjnMixael> 2 hours later... "God damn, how did this ever work at all?!"
(...)
<MageKing17> so
<MageKing17> more than two hours
<MageKing17> but once again we have reached the inevitable conclusion
<MageKing17> How did this code ever work in the first place!?

<@The_E> Welcome to OpenGL, where standards compliance is optional, and error reporting inconsistent

<MageKing17> It was all working perfectly until I actually tried it on an actual mission.

<IronWorks> I am useful for FSO stuff again. This is a red-letter day!
* z64555 erases "Thursday" and rewrites it in red ink

<MageKing17> TIL the entire homing code is held up by shoestrings and duct tape, basically.

Offline ChaosUnlimited

• old games new people bring it.
Oh hey, it's a Charon-class light frigate.
its actually based off of the Remembrance-class light frigate essentially the same ship but different weapons load-out i think
PC Specs
AMD-FX 6100 six core 3.3Ghz
EVGA 660 SC 2Gb gddr5
16Gb RAM 1600Mhz
750W PSU
total cost $580

Offline NeonShivan

• Previously known as BTA
  • By the Omnisiah's grace.
Oh hey, it's a Charon-class light frigate.
its actually based off of the Remembrance-class light frigate essentially the same ship but different weapons load-out i think

Lore wise, there are only three frigates the Paris Heavy Frigate, Charon Light Frigate, and the Stalwart Light Frigate. There is no Remembrance class light frigate for that is, as the URL suggests, a non-canon vessel.
In German even the most beautiful love letter sounds like an execution order -Mito

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \ All the Single Ladies

( •_•)
\(  (>

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \  Oh Oh Oh

Author of Dusk Wars - A modification for Freespace 2.

Offline ChaosUnlimited

• old games new people bring it.
huh could have swore i saw the remembrance in reach ah well
PC Specs
AMD-FX 6100 six core 3.3Ghz
EVGA 660 SC 2Gb gddr5
16Gb RAM 1600Mhz
750W PSU
total cost $580

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Assault riffle.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
This is what i am working on in my limited spare time, a reimagining of the old INF Bellephron, i always liked the design.

Some parts i didnt like on the original the bridge and the engines on the bottom. So redesigned the bridge part and i just haven't added the bottom box engines as i cannot get anything to look good, unless anyone has any suggestions as i could do with some.
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I always thought that that design needed some more aft ventral structure to counterbalance the down-slope of the "hood".
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline fightermedic

• quite a nice guy, no really, i am
i'm aaaaaaaaaaaall for a htl bellerophon!
>>Fully functional cockpits for Freespace<<
>>Ships created by me<<
Campaigns revised/voice-acted by me:
Lightning Marshal 1-4, The Regulus Campaign, Operation: Savior, Operation: Crucible, Titan Rebellion, Fall of Epsilon Pegasi 1.1Aftermath 2.1,
Pandora's Box 2.2, Deep Blood

Other Campaigns I have participated in:
The Antagonist, Warzone, Phantoms & Echo-Gate

All the stuff I release is free to use or change in any way for everybody who likes to do so; take whatever you need

i am writing a campaing 7 years after capella., with a lot of Civilian things, Gas Mining. and a lot of Lore  Pirates and things like that., "Derelict" inspired me a lot

but i am trying to do it unique. ( something difficult to get because all things i think are very hard to get in reality, so trying to be minimalist in ).

is going to be Voice acted by my friends and am going to start today performing some eschematic to the missions. 

Actually i am still involved in a german translation project for FreeSpace Port, FreeSpace 2 (mainly misspelling corrections) and a translation of the Cold Element and Silent Threat: Reborn Branch.

Also i think about to write a new short Christmas story within my Freespace: Dark Abyss Refallen series. Because there were some pairings during the eleven seasons i can use for a lovely christmas story :).

Also i try to convert one of my novels of the mentioned series into a playable campaign. The novel i use for this is maybe perfect for a fredding noob like me, because i can reuse some of FreeSpace 2 retail missions, with only few edits, for the parts of the story that takes place 2367. But there are also some missions taking place during 2378 and 2383.
Shivan here, Shivan there, Shivan everywhere.

My english isn't very well, so sorry for a few mistakes.

FreeSpace Let's Plays on my Channel:
| The Great War | Silent Threat | Operation Templar | Silent Threat: Reborn | Shivans - Phantoms | Shivans - Echo Gate | Shrouding the Light: Origins | Shrouding the Light | Cardinal Spear | Cardinal Spear: Vega | Awakenings | The Destiny of Peace | Between the Ashes: Mefistofele

Offline NeonShivan

• Previously known as BTA
  • By the Omnisiah's grace.
Experimenting with Shivan ship models to make them look less Shivan:

Original

Current

My Experiment

Am thinking, I wanna keep them looking demonic but it's really hard so I may need to steer away from that...

In German even the most beautiful love letter sounds like an execution order -Mito

(•_•)
 <)  )/

( •_•)
\(  (>

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \  Oh Oh Oh

Author of Dusk Wars - A modification for Freespace 2.

That model is giving me a beating. Terrible geometry, plenty of stairs-like plates which are totally useless under the texture. A real challenge, maybe a tit too hard for a beginner. But I'm not going to stop :P I will finish this. In 3D view you can see textures in 1024x1024 resolution because I don't have a premium account on P3d :/
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 05:24:23 pm by Col.Hornet »

Offline Axem

I am making a mission where you must protect a space princess and her fleet while the princess waits for pancakes to be delivered as angry gentrified Shivans attack for revenge. As each friendly capital ship dies, they lose morale. Once morale (starting at 100) goes gets below 25 they'll start to leave one by one. If morale gets below 0, they'll turn hostile and try to take their fustrations out on the flagship (which doesn't do a thing the entire battle).

Why yes it is for Just Another Day, why do you ask?

Offline Talon 1024

• How do you turn this on?
    • Mods, Games, and Stuff
Trying to get the hang of making albedo/reflect textures for the PBR builds.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 02:20:10 pm by Talon 1024 »
To understand religion, you need to understand morality first. | WCSaga website | WCSaga Forum | 158th website | 158th forum | Project Leader: WC: Hostile Frontier | WCHF Thread at CIC | Wing Blender | Twist of Fate | Multipart turrets on angled surfaces, tutorial included. | My Google Drive stuff | To convert speeds from WC to WCS, multiply both the cruise speed and the Afterburner speed by 0.15625 (5/32)

FS2 Mods I'm waiting on: Inferno 10th Anniversary
Current Project: Contestant Android app, Learn4Life iOS app, Blender Commander (importer).
The FreeSpace Font Foundry is back in action!

Offline Lt. Spanks

• Not A Lieutenant
Currently working on a campaign set in the beginning of a war between the Vasudan Imperium and the Galactic Terran Alliance. I plan for it to be fully voice acted and (with correct permissions) show off some of the community ships, as I have only just started modding FS2 and have no idea how to model, texture, or turret.
Teacher: "Anything is possible if you put your mind to it!"

Student: "Teacher... there is an exception to this rule."

Teacher: "And what is that student?"

Student: "Catching the Iceni"

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Sounds great :D

Just, a friendly piece of advice: Do not let missing voice acting get in the way of releasing the campaign. Decent VA jobs always take longer than you'd think, and getting people to voice stuff is infinitely easier when it's a case of making a good release better.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
I'm updating an old model. A cookie if you can guess what it is.

"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline fightermedic

• quite a nice guy, no really, i am
finished the uv map of the hipocrates, i promise the htl will be ready before christmas!
(i hate uv mapping!)

also: HTL tanen? cool!
>>Fully functional cockpits for Freespace<<
>>Ships created by me<<
Campaigns revised/voice-acted by me:
Lightning Marshal 1-4, The Regulus Campaign, Operation: Savior, Operation: Crucible, Titan Rebellion, Fall of Epsilon Pegasi 1.1Aftermath 2.1,
Pandora's Box 2.2, Deep Blood

Other Campaigns I have participated in:
The Antagonist, Warzone, Phantoms & Echo-Gate

All the stuff I release is free to use or change in any way for everybody who likes to do so; take whatever you need

Offline The Dagger

• I like zod ships