Author Topic: What are you working on?  (Read 308240 times)

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Re: What are you working on?
How about you miniaturize it to remake the Pachet at the same time.  ;7
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Anybody needs new freakin' heavy shivan destroyer?

She is gonna be a real btch. I'm going to keep similar proportions to Demon, with smaller bottom part. She's gonna be... Long :]
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Looks like a cross of a Demon, Ravana, and Dante.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
...and...

This one is ORC Amalthea, a replacement for recolored Fenris from SF-Junky's project. The first of two almost-finished models for Mystery Project :). The second one is Agneya artillery frigate.

And yup, it's this :D: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=89073.0
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 09:51:09 am by Betrayal »
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
very nice
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Wow! This looks like an ultra-enhanced Ticonderoga but better in every possible way. Love it!
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Wow! This looks like an ultra-enhanced Ticonderoga but better in every possible way. Love it!

Thanks :) I always regreted that we don't have any up-to- date Fenris-like ships. So I made one :P Actually I planned it to be more detailed and bigger but Betrayal said that it'll do. It should be the size of Fenris <and that means that "fighterbay" part will not be big enough to fulfil it's role>. But maybe if I have enough time in the future I will finish the frigate variant. Which should be more or less the length of the Deimos with fully operational landing bay. Textured with a proper UV of course. But for now I have another things on my head so no promises for now :P

Offline fightermedic

• quite a nice guy, no really, i am
nothing wrong with scaling it up enough right now, if frigate is needed :P

oh, and:
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 12:39:44 pm by fightermedic »
>>Fully functional cockpits for Freespace<<
>>Ships created by me<<
Campaigns revised/voice-acted by me:
Lightning Marshal 1-4, The Regulus Campaign, Operation: Savior, Operation: Crucible, Titan Rebellion, Fall of Epsilon Pegasi 1.1Aftermath 2.1,
Pandora's Box 2.2, Deep Blood

Other Campaigns I have participated in:
The Antagonist, Warzone, Phantoms & Echo-Gate

All the stuff I release is free to use or change in any way for everybody who likes to do so; take whatever you need

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I for one however, would like to see a High-poly Ticonderoga.  That said, this is one cool super-Leviathan you're showing off!

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
I for one however, would like to see a High-poly Ticonderoga.  That said, this is one cool super-Leviathan you're showing off!
Inferno has one [called GTC Ethon] based on Karma's HTL Fenris. It's quite cool, but it's not stricte Ticonderoga. Woolie Wool requested me to make HTL Ticonderoga when I'm done with first requested model for Twist of Fate.... So you may see it one day :).

And... Is this Cobyrant? I guess you are going to texture it, right? Yeah!
Ancient or Vasudan style?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 07:58:29 pm by Betrayal »

Offline Mad Bomber

• Booooom
Ok, this is beautiful work  :nod:
"What the hell!? I've got a Snuffleupagus on my scanners! The Snuffleupagus is active!"

Offline BirdofPrey

• Help! I see GIMP in my sleep
So you know what happens when you pretty much finish something but forget to actually publish it?
You lose your files.  Shivan Hunter's new HUD reminded me I finished my radar icons but never updated the old file (so what's available is basically version 0.9), so I figured I'd check through them, make sure everything is in order and upload.  I had to do a search of C:/ to find out where I actually put the raw files.

Anyways, that's one sexy not-fenris ya got there.  Personally, with it being based on a fenris, I kinda like it being scaled similarly.  it seems weird to have something with nearly the same hull shape only twice as large.
The Great War ended 30 years ago.
Our elders tell stories of a glorious civilization; of people with myths of humanity everlasting, who hurled themselves into the void of space with no fear.

In testing: Radar Icons

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Anyways, that's one sexy not-fenris ya got there.  Personally, with it being based on a fenris, I kinda like it being scaled similarly.  it seems weird to have something with nearly the same hull shape only twice as large.
That's why we decided to include Midgard/Amalthea in Mystery Project, instead of use this model in it's original purpose. IMHO the Fenris/Leviathan has very unique shape, that's hard to be associated with any bigger ships. What is similar to Fenris, should always be a cruiser :).

https://p3d.in/BsyCH

Another part of our project :) It will be a replacement for one of Scooby's designs present in the modpack. If this works I will focus on upgrading the rest.

Still a larvae stage.

It will be my first attempt to build a ship from scratch. Model--->.UVmap---> Texture work.

Some practise with a new tool. Quixel suite 2.0 

Offline fightermedic

• quite a nice guy, no really, i am
also playing around with quixel 2.0
it's absolutely awesome for texturing noobs like me

>>Fully functional cockpits for Freespace<<
>>Ships created by me<<
Campaigns revised/voice-acted by me:
Lightning Marshal 1-4, The Regulus Campaign, Operation: Savior, Operation: Crucible, Titan Rebellion, Fall of Epsilon Pegasi 1.1Aftermath 2.1,
Pandora's Box 2.2, Deep Blood

Other Campaigns I have participated in:
The Antagonist, Warzone, Phantoms & Echo-Gate

All the stuff I release is free to use or change in any way for everybody who likes to do so; take whatever you need

Offline DahBlount

• Alpine ☆ Cancer Tribulation
    • Minecraft
@Col. Hornet: Might try decreasing the tiling on the textures, the detail gets washed out and it looks like flat colors on that missile.

I upgraded to QS2.0 recently as well. I'm enjoying it so far and have already developed some interesting techniques that will be seen on Hades' Orion.
<Axem> yet still more insightful than #hard-light

<Axem> jad2.23 will just be cat videos

<DahBlount> So
<DahBlount> JAD2.2 is like that
<Axem> maybe
<Axem> it can be whatever you like!
<DahBlount> A Chocolate Sundae?
<Axem> sure

My models: GTF Gilgamesh - GTD Nuadha [Redesigning] - Ningirama [WIP] - GTG Zephyrus

Offline DahBlount

• Alpine ☆ Cancer Tribulation
    • Minecraft
I've been doing things. Needs a bit of improvement, but it's a great start.
<Axem> yet still more insightful than #hard-light

<Axem> jad2.23 will just be cat videos

<DahBlount> So
<DahBlount> JAD2.2 is like that
<Axem> maybe
<Axem> it can be whatever you like!
<DahBlount> A Chocolate Sundae?
<Axem> sure

My models: GTF Gilgamesh - GTD Nuadha [Redesigning] - Ningirama [WIP] - GTG Zephyrus

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Orion turret, huh? Very simple and very realistic at once. Good work :yes:

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile

So yeah, I'm... Tiling o__O.

...retiling to be precise. Before I bake all the ugly tiles into something usable, and do some photoshop magic. Yeah, there is still not many good quality terran destroyers around.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 12:02:26 am by Betrayal »