Author Topic: What are you working on?  (Read 308223 times)

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
Re: What are you working on?
Me like, nice to see the very first ship i did, get brought up to date., don't even think i have the original file anymore. but i like :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
She has a beautiful design. Somekind of simplified Hecate without too much useless parts. I'm currently not very satisfield with this:

First HTL from Shadow Genesis. Details mostly disappeared under old tile textures. I also don't like thin neck, so I dedided to add external armor plating and some other things to her.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter
Wow. Can it be optimized for physically-based rendering by Swifty?
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Current version? As far as I know someone made gloss and albedo for MVP Hecate and Deimos tiles. Current Icelus uses Hecate and Deimos textures. You can find her in Shadow Genesis modpack and check it yourself.

New version? Well... When I finish mapping and bake new texture, why not to make PBR maps for her :)

Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
    • Twitter
Sure thing. I'm working on my SC Raguel HTL upgrade from the Inferno 2011 modeldump that you've sent me last month.

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Offline fightermedic

• quite a nice guy, no really, i am
still wokring on this one:
>>Fully functional cockpits for Freespace<<
>>Ships created by me<<
Campaigns revised/voice-acted by me:
Lightning Marshal 1-4, The Regulus Campaign, Operation: Savior, Operation: Crucible, Titan Rebellion, Fall of Epsilon Pegasi 1.1Aftermath 2.1,
Pandora's Box 2.2, Deep Blood

Other Campaigns I have participated in:
The Antagonist, Warzone, Phantoms & Echo-Gate

All the stuff I release is free to use or change in any way for everybody who likes to do so; take whatever you need

<snip>
So yeah, I'm... Tiling o__O.

...retiling to be precise. Before I bake all the ugly tiles into something usable, and do some photoshop magic. Yeah, there is still not many good quality terran destroyers around.

I applaud and encourage such efforts! There's some old models around that look potentially beautiful but are horribly stretched or have the tiles placed in such ways I can't do much with them with texture replacements and such.

I've been playing around with the Icelus myself but there's a few edges that are a little too blocky and 'sharp'. Having it re-tiled sounds like it'll help a lot already.
Still, the Icelus' model to me comes across as a lighter variant of the Hecate, it'd be nice to see it look a lot more protected (perhaps in similar ways as the Addons on the Hecate Mk2). That umbilical 'neck' especially always bugged me - It seems like one slashing beam is all that'd be needed to sever the ship in half.
For my own experimentations I basically had to resize the ship to make it look more sturdy, which also gave it bigger hangar space in it's back.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 07:56:44 am by JCDNWarrior »
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCDentonCZ

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
I armored umbilical part with external heavy plating. I guess they are going to be destroyable and untargetable subsystems in final version. I'm also going to bring back some signature features of original Icelus, like big, yellow lights [doctile4] on the rear engine sections.

As this is model from Shadow Genesis, it's gonna be released as soon as it's finished. No exclusives for SG: Reborn this time :P

I armored umbilical part with external heavy plating. I guess they are going to be destroyable and untargetable subsystems in final version. I'm also going to bring back some signature features of original Icelus, like big, yellow lights [doctile4] on the rear engine sections.

As this is model from Shadow Genesis, it's gonna be released as soon as it's finished. No exclusives for SG: Reborn this time :P

Great to hear it. I hope this kind of thing can become a bit of a trend, improving and fixing existing old tilemapped models this way without needing a complete rebuild.

For the Icelus, come to think of it, because of that umbilical, armored or not, I'd almost like a version of the ship that has it cut in two, so that if the subsystem representing the umbilical was destroyed one could FRED magic it into two seperate halves and float them away from eachother. Basically debris that still continues to function.
The front side would probably be unusable but the back could potentially still operate, perhaps as a "headless chicken". I assume it'd be a lot of work to do though so it's just an idea to throw out.
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCDentonCZ

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
I assume it'd be a lot of work to do though so it's just an idea to throw out.

Can't speak for modelling perspective but FREDing wise it is only as difficult as you want it to be (very easy if static to complex if you want the fore to dirft etc)
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Tengu and Scorpion model from Eve model dump limited mostly to PCS2 scaling,stretching and turret import  :)

[attachment DELETED!! by Strong Bad]
PC Specs
=======
AMD FX 6300 6
Core  running @ 4.3 Ghz
Windows 10 64 bit
24 Gb DDR3 memory
750 Watts Thermaltake PSU
AMD R7 370  Graphics
Corsair Air 240
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I am Death Incarnate :mad2:
Sorry but.......You have a focus of a shotgun :P

Offline BirdofPrey

• Help! I see GIMP in my sleep
How'd you do the Tengu import?  It's in 5 parts.
The Great War ended 30 years ago.
Our elders tell stories of a glorious civilization; of people with myths of humanity everlasting, who hurled themselves into the void of space with no fear.

In testing: Radar Icons

Offline NeonShivan

• Previously known as BTA
  • By the Omnisiah's grace.
Will not lie, at first glance I thought the Tengu was a very, very, very shiny Vexor. But nice job :P
In German even the most beautiful love letter sounds like an execution order -Mito

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \ All the Single Ladies

( •_•)
\(  (>
  /  \ All the Single Ladies

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \  Oh Oh Oh

Author of Dusk Wars - A modification for Freespace 2.

some nice person in the forum released it a long time ago along with other EVE ships.......can't remember he's name though :v credits to him :) all I did is stretched it a bit since it was short and stubby and bolted some turrets on it to make it look meaner.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 09:45:59 am by chinaman »
PC Specs
=======
AMD FX 6300 6
Core  running @ 4.3 Ghz
Windows 10 64 bit
24 Gb DDR3 memory
AMD R7 370  Graphics
Corsair Air 240

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Will not lie, at first glance I thought the Tengu was a very, very, very shiny Vexor. But nice job :P
It's not a shiny Vexor o__O? Well I... Nevermind :D

Can I see textureless version? Maybe I'm wrong but I see no proper smoothing here. Also you should adjust your specular maps. Current ones are too shiny,

This is the original model the textures are default, did not do any changes in here.

[attachment DELETED!! by Strong Bad]
PC Specs
=======
AMD FX 6300 6
Core  running @ 4.3 Ghz
Windows 10 64 bit
24 Gb DDR3 memory
AMD R7 370  Graphics
Corsair Air 240

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Fortunately I was wrong. Smoothing is ok. Only shinemaps should be readjusted.

It really looks like mini-Vexor :P

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter
A Tengu frigate, which could be used as an Authority ship sometime in the future in a possible future Shattered Stars update/sequel.

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile

EFFg Vidar - heavy, short range compliment for the Solomon. Model by Lc4Hunter.

Offline The Dagger

• I like zod ships
Wow, that's an impressive model!  :yes: