Author Topic: What are you working on?  (Read 308249 times)

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Re: What are you working on?
Well let's see. I've always got projects going on and I jump around quite a bit. In general, my main focus has been BtA. We are so close to release, I can taste it. When finished, it will come with a re-release of the 2 mission demo... fully voiced this time.

Slaves of Chaos is 17 missions long.

Screens for a mission that I don't think I've shown yet. Though, it's hard to tell because the background is always similar in Antares.

Same mission as above. This is one of my favorite missions, designed by Slasher. I'm confident that this mission will be a hands-down favorite in BtA.. but I don't want to spoil as to why.

Sometimes, I find time to work on other things as well. When BtA is finished, I'm returning my focus almost completely on the cutscene project and maybe some mainhall work. I really want to finish Aquitaine before you all get sick of FSO completely.

I also started modelling a Shivan for the Hall Fight cutscene... Nothing to show yet, though.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline m!m

The only noteworthy thing I have is my FreeSpace mod manager/launcher (Screenshot). It is compatible with the Nebula mod repository which should make installing and publishing mods much easier.

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq

Been working on this station some recently-ish, it's on the backburner because I'm not quite sure what to do with it though.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
Next-Gen whate****everfaction defense/refuel/supplies station. Whatever it becomes, it looks goooooooooooooooood.

*Casts Lesser Thread Necromancy*
 :bump:
Because finishing stuff is overrated, I started a new endeavour: implement a framework for automated SSM strikes through lua, reading off a custom table, switching the strike type to active as needed then feeding it targets through script-eval.

Custom table syntax is as follow (for the moment):
Code: [Select]
#Automated Strikes

$Name: auto-strike name
$Type: Shivan SSM Barrage
$Cooldown: 22

#End

I'm exporting ships from the EVE Online client in an attempt to make a small mod for Freespace 2.

Offline crizza

And this is as easy as it looks?

And this is as easy as it looks?

It's probably very easy, but I'm a complete noob to moding and have no idea what I'm doing. It's obviously not a modeling excercise and I mostly have problems converting the textures between the two games. Fortunately I found people here who helped me a lot understanding all of this!

I'll probably have lots of ship table editing and turreting to do later too, again no modeling but I couldn't do that anyway with my nonexistant artistic abilities.

Offline BirdofPrey

• Help! I see GIMP in my sleep
EvE uses 3 textures per ship, which is probably why it's troublesome.

They have a base texture for the ship then racial and faction textures that overlay on that.
The Great War ended 30 years ago.
Our elders tell stories of a glorious civilization; of people with myths of humanity everlasting, who hurled themselves into the void of space with no fear.

In testing: Radar Icons

Offline AdmiralRalwood

• The Cthulhu programmer himself!
    • Twitter
*Casts Lesser Thread Necromancy*
Because finishing stuff is overrated, I started a new endeavour: implement a framework for automated SSM strikes through lua, reading off a custom table, switching the strike type to active as needed then feeding it targets through script-eval.

Custom table syntax is as follow (for the moment):
Code: [Select]
#Automated Strikes

$Name: auto-strike name
$Type: Shivan SSM Barrage
$Cooldown: 22

#End
* AdmiralRalwood perks up at the mention of SSM strikes

So what does this do? Calls an SSM strike on a random target every 22 seconds or something?
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Codethulhu GitHub wgah'nagl fhtagn.

schrödinbug (noun) - a bug that manifests itself in running software after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.

When you gaze long into BMPMAN, BMPMAN also gazes into you.

"I am one of the best FREDders on Earth" -General Battuta

<Aesaar> literary criticism is vladimir putin

<MageKing17> "There's probably a reason the code is the way it is" is a very dangerous line of thought. :P
<MageKing17> Because the "reason" often turns out to be "nobody noticed it was wrong".
(the very next day)
<MageKing17> this ****ing code did it to me again
<MageKing17> "That doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll assume it was being done for a reason."
<MageKing17> **** ME
<MageKing17> THE REASON IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID
<MageKing17> ESPECIALLY ME

<MageKing17> God damn, I do not understand how this is breaking.
<MageKing17> Everything points to "this should work fine", and yet it's clearly not working.
<MjnMixael> 2 hours later... "God damn, how did this ever work at all?!"
(...)
<MageKing17> so
<MageKing17> more than two hours
<MageKing17> but once again we have reached the inevitable conclusion
<MageKing17> How did this code ever work in the first place!?

<@The_E> Welcome to OpenGL, where standards compliance is optional, and error reporting inconsistent

<MageKing17> It was all working perfectly until I actually tried it on an actual mission.

<IronWorks> I am useful for FSO stuff again. This is a red-letter day!
* z64555 erases "Thursday" and rewrites it in red ink

<MageKing17> TIL the entire homing code is held up by shoestrings and duct tape, basically.

Well, the idea is to have the FREDers be able to chose between different targetting heuristics, and give the script a list of targets it should be shooting at (or let the script pick a target by itself).

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile

Something new from my workshop
I remember this model as savoir.pof comes probably from TVWP. I proposed my help to Woolie Wool with his Twist of Fate project and he requested me to fix this model. Instead of fixing, I decided to HTL this thing. It's pre GW vasudan destroyer and older brother of Typhon. Modelling zods is pretty hard... And I have to update model on my p3d account xD

Woolie, I hope I can show this :P
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline T-Man

• I came... I saw... I had a cuppa!
I remember this model as savoir.pof comes probably from TVWP.

Yep that's a TVWP one (we really should get on with that one day :lol:); was meant to be the Typhon's predecessor. Gotta say it's looking amazing so far especially the pipes etc on the hull :yes:.
Also goes by 'Murasaki-Tatsu' outside of Hard-Light

UEF fanboy. Rabid Imagination.

Offline fightermedic

• quite a nice guy, no really, i am
typhon predecessor? i approve!!!!!
>>Fully functional cockpits for Freespace<<
>>Ships created by me<<
Campaigns revised/voice-acted by me:
Lightning Marshal 1-4, The Regulus Campaign, Operation: Savior, Operation: Crucible, Titan Rebellion, Fall of Epsilon Pegasi 1.1Aftermath 2.1,
Pandora's Box 2.2, Deep Blood

Other Campaigns I have participated in:
The Antagonist, Warzone, Phantoms & Echo-Gate

All the stuff I release is free to use or change in any way for everybody who likes to do so; take whatever you need

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I might as well post. Not really modding, FREDding. I'm currently working on a Diaspora campaign for Release 2. The idea has been knocking around for a couple of years but now I'm using it as a test-bed for my containers code. Not sure when I'll be done but here's a very early WIP pic.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 10:34:59 pm by karajorma »
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

GTFg Midgard (View in 3D)

Leviathan. But harder, better, faster stronger xD

faster
Shh, Levi has always been sentitive about his speed.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Hmm, that makes me wonder, did anyone ever HTL the Ticonderoga from TVWP?

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
In my opinion, it needs a big chin gun to compensate for the rear ventral engine.  Is that upper aft segment a fighterbay, as it looks more recessed than the engines do.  Lookin' good though.

I don't think anyone upgraded the Ticonderoga, though I expect it would be a welcome addition to the modding resources.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline fightermedic

• quite a nice guy, no really, i am
HTL Ticonderoga would be nice to see indeed
>>Fully functional cockpits for Freespace<<
>>Ships created by me<<
Campaigns revised/voice-acted by me:
Lightning Marshal 1-4, The Regulus Campaign, Operation: Savior, Operation: Crucible, Titan Rebellion, Fall of Epsilon Pegasi 1.1Aftermath 2.1,
Pandora's Box 2.2, Deep Blood

Other Campaigns I have participated in:
The Antagonist, Warzone, Phantoms & Echo-Gate

All the stuff I release is free to use or change in any way for everybody who likes to do so; take whatever you need