This package will not be longer updated. Read this Reply
for the reasons and information how its development continues.
after my german translation for BtA: Slaves of Chaos
i finished my next project, yesterday.
This time, it is a translation for the FreeSpace Port, or to say, a proper retranslation of the game, because the original german translation have some errors.
But that will be presented in another thread
, because this thread is a present for all players that does not speak german
Because my (Re)translation is not only a Translation of all single-player missions of this mod, including the single missions from the tech room, it also fixes bugs in all missions, so that they are all finishable, again. Additionally there are some changes in a few missions, so that they give a different experience.
And because there are many changes i have done in this game, i decided to release an english-only package of that, just for you
.What is the content of the Upgrade Package?General Changes:
- This Packages consists of 89(!) single player missions that were played through on "Medium" and "Insane" difficulty and were fixed and rebalanced for that. Of course there are missions, that were not changed at all. Some of the missions are nearly impossible on Insane, but all of them should be solveable. At least no bugs, that prevent an end of the mission.
- All missions get, if missing, proper directives. So there is a "Return to Base" Directive in every mission. So you will always know when you can head home.
- The available and used technologies in the missions fits the time where it plays. You will no longer see or even fly a GTF Ulysses in a mission that plays shortly after the Taranis incident. But also no ship will use ML-16, VLL-9 or MX-50 after the arise of the shield system.
- Ace pilots in several missions (mostly in the single missions) got special hitpoints, so that they can take much more damage. Even the AI is bad like always, there is atleast the feeling of some special enemies.
- The "The Destiny of Peace" and "Awakenings" missions that were available in the tech room as single missions, were replaced due to the fact, that both exists as an individual upgraded campaign release. So i converted every exclusive coop multiplayer mission, where no single player version is present, for single player use. So you get instead of 35 single player missions 38 now. Where 11 of them were multiplayer exclusive before.
- Vasudan fighters use the PVN HUD modification by WormSlayer.
- The "message"-script by Axem is used by this package for all communication messages.
- Hammer of Light ships use the HOL-skin that is present, but unused, in the FSPort files.
- I created nameplates for every ship that support it and did not get one before.
- Every command briefing in the game got the uniform appearence from the The Great War and Templar campaign. So you will have Location and Date informations in Silent Threat, where i used the Silent Threat: Reborn timeline as a template. But this uniform appearence is also used in the single missions that uses Command Briefings. So you know where and when these missions will take place, that forms something like a "Stories from the Great War" theme.
- If a friendly capital ship is present in the mission area, all called in support ships will launch from it.
- In missions where your baseship is still in the mission area after the end of the mission, you have to land on it to end the mission.
- Every cruiser class ship or bigger got an individual name. You will no longer fight a nameless wing of cruisers. The wing designation is used as a callsign instead if you are ordered to take them down.
- Missions that does not have a Soundtrack, got one of the three Silent Threat added Soundtracks.
- Every mission without backgrounds get one that correspond to other missions that takes place in the same system.
- Every Single mission that was also available with voice files have speech, now.FreeSpace: The Great War Changes
- Vasudans will use Vasudan weapons at the beginning of the campaign.
- If you play the campaign missions from the tech room, i changed the branch events of all missions, that you will play the harder version of them on this way.
- General ship names like "Vasudan freighter" were changed. In these cases, the freighters got also an individual name.
- In "Out of the Dark, Into the Night" several events were introduced, that will prevent that the GTSC Plato will reach the Jump Node.
- In "Tenderizer" the GTD Galatea will fly into the Jump Node from the outside instead to jump directly in the Node to turn around. It is more a classic escort mission on this way.
- In "Evangelist" every wingmen will be carried over to "Doomsday", now. Interestingly some of them jumped out directly before the next mission starts and were not present in the next mission.
- In "Doomsday" the Galatea will only have 30% hull at the beginning. Also the SSD Lucifer will jump in instead of appearing out of nowhere. With this low hull the Lucifer is also able to destroy the Galatea in one shot, what make this ship even more fearful.
- In "A Failure to Communicate" mostly bugfixes were introduced that ensure that you can proper play this mission when the PVD Pinnacle instead of the PVD Hope is present. Also again i changed a bit in events and hull status so that the Lucifer will destroy the Installation in one shot again. Also the attackers of the terminal will not jump in at the same position every time.
- In "Running the Gauntlet" a debriefing stage was introduced to inform the player about his medal in "Reaching the Zenith". But the real change is, that the Lucifer will now jump in next to the route to the jump node and will fly next to the Omega transports, so that the attacking shivan fighters have a smaller distance to fly.
- In "Clash of the Titans" the SD Tantalus was rotated further 90 degrees to shoot with more turrets. Also it is moving now and the player can not use a Bomber anymore. Also, a previously unused debriefing stage and directive was reactivated, so that the player have to jump out at the jump node to finish this mission.
- In "The Great Hunt" Volition's original plan for this mission is reintroduced. The directive is now to escort all four Ursa bombers to the jump node. So you have to protect them on this dangerous way.
- Because of errors in the red alert system, i was forced to use the "ship save/load"-script by Admiral MS for this.
- In "The End" you have to end the campaign with a landing on the Arcadia installation.FreeSpace: Silent Threat Changes
- In "Ghosts" there will be no longer an unnamed Orion destroyer. You can see its name on the nameplate, but it will not send an ID code in communication messages, though. The ship is a nod to ST:R again.
- In "Secret Recovery" bugs were fixed that prevented that you can end this mission successfully if Epsilon 1 dies.
- In "Cloak and Dagger" events were introduced, that prevents that you are able to scan the ships before you are ordered to do so.
- In "Secrets Revealed" the GTI fighters will use some experimental weapons (some FS2 ones) and technologies as it was stated in the command briefing. Also all Jotunheim escape pods will launch from the station now. During the battle with the Hades the GTD Myrmidon will jump in to reinforce the player with new fighters and bombers. At the end of the battle the GTD Soyakaze will also join. This was introduced to shorten the battle significantly. You have to land on the Soyakaze to end this campaign, of course.FreeSpace: Operation Templar Changes
- In "Chasing the Threat" the choice between the jump nodes is now working. That results that you can only play three of the four missions in one playthrough. The campaign file was changed for that of course.
- In "Tightening the Noose" a previously unused debriefing stage was reactivated for this matter. It declares Operation Templar to an end.Requirements:
(even it should also work with much older builds)MediaVPs 2014
andFreeSpace Port 3.5 with FSPort MediaVPs 2014
of course.Download and InstallationDownload
(Google Drive Mirror
) (4,07 MB)
Extract that into your FreeSpace2 folder and select "FreeSpace Port: Upgraded Mission Pack" in your wxlauncher... or the fsport-mission-upgrade folder if you use another program.Some impressions, from the german translation
You can find additional images on my ModDB project page
, even i do not think, that they are very interesting, because other images have the translation itself in focus.