Author Topic: How do I assign Glow maps to a model?  (Read 1942 times)

Offline emark4

How do I assign Glow maps to a model?
Apologies if this has been touched on before but I cant seem to find the tutorial that shows how to assign a glow map to a model. Can someone point me to the right direction? Im trying to put a glow map to the generic terran cockpit model from fightermedic's cockpit mod.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Re: How do I assign Glow maps to a model?
If you have your diffuse [main texture] like GalahadMain.dds, you assign glowmap to it by naming the glowmap file GalahadMain-glow.dds. If you want assign glowmap from other texture, UV layout is likely to be different. You may need to manually adjust the bitmap.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline emark4

If you have your diffuse [main texture] like GalahadMain.dds, you assign glowmap to it by naming the glowmap file GalahadMain-glow.dds. If you want assign glowmap from other texture, UV layout is likely to be different. You may need to manually adjust the bitmap.

So I can just take the terrancockpit01.dds, rename it to terrancockpit01- glow, and adjust said new file by blacking out the map but the glowing parts? I thought I need to do that on blender.

Edit: sorry, i meant terrancockpit01 .tga, not .dds
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 02:27:47 pm by emark4 »

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
So I can just take the terrancockpit01.dds, rename it to terrancockpit01- glow, and adjust said new file by blacking out the map but the glowing parts? I thought I need to do that on blender.

That's all you need to do, yes
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline emark4

That's all you need to do, yes

Okay, I got it!

Now all i need to do is to make sure the glow maps are in a higher resolution.

Im using the green glow panels from the tercoc01 file (the ones for most gtva ships). Is there a better resolution of the tercoc01 file, like around 1028 x1028 or 2048X 2048?

I've got one in 1024x.

[attachment stolen by Russian hackers]

Offline emark4

I've got one in 1024x.

Its perfect! Thanks!