Author Topic: [RELEASE] - GTT Monarch  (Read 3473 times)

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
[RELEASE] - GTT Monarch

This is a redirect topic for the GTT Monarch, which I have just released as part of the Frontlines project's open asset policy. Check it out at the link below!

https://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=94645
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Re: [RELEASE] - GTT Monarch
Very nice :) . Without lattice under the docking points, it would work as a nice freighter too.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Yeah, I talk about that in the other thread. Converting it to a couple of other roles (including as a freighter) is on my to do list. Plus, it can already carry some cargo in some secret hidden spots! :P
Rarely Updated P3D.

Offline starlord

It would do great as a tender, well done.

Speaking of which, do you also plan an appearance for the spartan fighter mentioned in the lore? Might not be of use to the military but perhaps as a militia/pirate ship.

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
And here's yet another BW model that will be in BtA.

Thanks for modelling almost half my mod, BW!
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
    • Visit the TI homepage!
And here's yet another BW model that will be in BtA.

Thanks for modelling almost half my mod, BW!

You know I'm always happy to help! :)

It would do great as a tender, well done.

Speaking of which, do you also plan an appearance for the spartan fighter mentioned in the lore? Might not be of use to the military but perhaps as a militia/pirate ship.

Honestly, not really. It's decades before the first Frontlines, and there are already a reasonable number of "primitive" looking fighters available - I'm not sure what I'd bring to that particular niche.
Rarely Updated P3D.

This looks awesome :)

One design detail I've been wondering about a bit is that the connection between the main frame and the engines looks rather fragile. Probably it's just my expecation, but for an early jump-ship I would think of something rather stable, maybe using metal pipes rather as a design detail rather than a main component.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
    • Visit the TI homepage!
This looks awesome :)

One design detail I've been wondering about a bit is that the connection between the main frame and the engines looks rather fragile. Probably it's just my expecation, but for an early jump-ship I would think of something rather stable, maybe using metal pipes rather as a design detail rather than a main component.

In my mind, the engines are held to the body by the FOGB metal girder/spar things - to be honest, fragile wasn't a word that came to mind when thinking about that particular connection. The central tunnel is there to provide occasional access to the engines - like the Jupiter, these are supposed to emit dangerous levels of radiation, hence the isolation - but isn't really meant to be structural.

Not sure if that's what you meant?
Rarely Updated P3D.

My thought was that if the ship jumps out, the connection between the engines and the main frame would be extremely stressed when the ship accelerates to jump speed. Of course these metal grids are due their form capable of absorbing some of that, but it seems to me that this is a weakpoint that could result in material fatigue after several jumps, making frequent maintainance necessary, in order to prevent horrible accidents.