Author Topic: [RELEASE] Japanese localization mod for FSO and MediaVPs  (Read 5512 times)

[RELEASE] Japanese localization mod for FSO and MediaVPs
Japanese localization mod for FS2 main campaign and MediaVPs 2014. This mod is based on old Japanese localization patch which doesn't require FSO.

Download:

FreeSpace 2 Open 日本語化MOD

Requirements:

• Latest Nightly builds with Unicode support
  • MediaVPs 2014

Project staff :

Original Japanese patch

• Komet (Project Lead)
  • Pokkiri (Translator)
  • 2ch Space Combat Sim Thread Act.5 >>153 (Translator)

Modification for FS2 Open

• Nikogori

I would like to thank FreeSpace Open development team (especially m!m) for implementing Unicode support to FSO. This mod wouldn't be possible without your help.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Re: [RELEASE] Japanese localization mod for FSO and MediaVPs
Good job to all involved!
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Novachen

• The one and only capella supernova
    • Twitter
Looked into that. Is there a specific reason why only a few ships and weapons are translated and the rest is in english?  :D

And i looked into that, to see if i would be able to add this translation to my own translation efforts as an additional language. But because there was no new language entry in the (t)strings.tbl that is used, it does not look like it.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 02:27:36 pm by Novachen »
Female FreeSpace 2 pilot since 1999.
Former Global moderator in the German FreeSpace Galaxy Forum.
Developer of NTP - A Multi-Language Translation Library Interface, which allows to play FreeSpace in YOUR Language.

Is one of my releases broken or not working? Please send a PM here, on Discord at @novachen or on Twitter @NovachenFS2, a public tweet or write a reply in my own release threads here on HLP, because these are the only threads i am still participating in.

Probably you should do a WoD translation (dunno but that's at least what I'd guess many people would play in Japan).

Looked into that. Is there a specific reason why only a few ships and weapons are translated and the rest is in english?  :D

Original Japanese localization patch was like 95% complete. There are some entries left untranslated because they are not so important and nobody mentioned about it.
I have added some translations including cutscene subtitles, control config and remaining Terran ships (original translator stopped his work at GTDR Amazon).
I'm going to add Vasudan and Shivan ships, but now I need some feedback because I'd like to know if it is playable.

Offline BqCai

dead link :(

I *hope* these are the correct files: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hj22nn0cg1fnded/FS2JP_MV2014.zip?dl=1

Also brought up in another thread you might want to check out: https://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=96944.0