Author Topic: The War Begins: Uniting The Factions  (Read 36043 times)

Offline crizza

Re: The War Begins: Uniting The Factions
But it would be pretty interesting, if the NTF strikeforce would somehow end up in Delta Serpentis :D

To clarify:

The 19th Battlegroup was lined up in front of the Sol Jump Gate in Delta Serpentis in a tight formation. As always Crusader Squadron would lead the way, followed by the 1st Corvette Squadron, consisting of the Po, Scott and Yamamoto, which formed a protective formation around the Edric.
Clustered around the Pheonicia were the 2nd Corvette Division accompanied by the Sardaukar Squadron, while the 3rd and 4th formed a protective cordon around the Norma and Cenva, together with Atreides and Arrakis Squadrons.
The two Anemois were on the flanks of the Vengeance, which in turn was flanked by the 5th Corvette Division, with the Aurelius huddled beneath the carrier.
Aboard the bridge of the Pheonicia Admiral Schulz paced around like a caged lion. This Deployment sat ill with him. It was one thing to fight and kill fellow Terrans in brushfires, but this… And on top of that he was to follow orders of Admiral Steele. He sighed and went back to his seat. It was an old habit of his, but smoking helped him. It had advantages to be in charge.
“Message from the Malta Sir, Captain Oliver reports he is ready to go.”
Christopher signalled his acknowledgment with a curt nod of the head.
“Open a channel to the Malta.” He could do that himself, but he was loath to skip his assigned Officers. As the screen resolved into the image of Captain Oliver, the Admiral cracked a grin.
“Captain Oliver, lead the way. And don’t try to break my ship!”
Captain Oliver nodded and broke the connection. It was no secret that the Admiral treasured the Malta more than other ships. Granted, Christopher thought, he had other and longer postings, he had served ten years as commanding Officer aboard the Heisenberg, compared to the two years of the Malta and yet…
“Sometimes I think you love this old bucket more than your children or your wife…”
The voice sounded sarcastic, even without the face to match it, but the Admiral smiled non the less.
“Well Vice Admiral Syrgalla, my one and undying love is my loyalty to the GTVA…”
Finally the upper body of Syrgalla was seen on the main monitor.
“You know, I should’ve let Admiral Koth burn the Malta to ashes in Regulus… would’ve safed me a lot of trouble… like raising three children while my husband served on Vasudan ships”
Unusual as it was, Admirals Schulz and Syrgalla were the only married couple in command position of the GTVA, serving in the same Battlegroup.
The Admiral opened his mouth to reply, but was interrupted by his Sensors Officer.
“Sir, the Malta reports that she is unable to initiate the Subspace Jump!”
One eyebrow raised the Admiral flipped the information on the main screen.
“What are you talking about? Crusader Squadron is…”
And there it was… the data showed quite clearly, that the seven ships to jump as first wave had reached terminal velocity but failed to open the jump windows and had overshot the Jump Gate.
“Have them run diagnostics… Nimitz, no wait… we won’t disrupt the formation any further…”
Clicking his fingers, the Admiral thought this through. It could be a problem with the jump drives, but on seven ships, with the Yamamoto being a top-notch Diomedes this was highly unlikely. Maybe the Feds had finally played their card and severed the node?
“Contact Centaur Station and…”
Again he was interrupted, this time by the blare o an alarm siren.
“New contact, unknown classification!” Now things were getting interesting, Christopher thought with a sly grin. The image shown on the main screen was grainy, the ship looked like nothing the Admiral had ever seen, though it looked suspiciously organic.
“Imagine that thing in red and it looks shivan…” Someone on the bridge remarked.
“All ships, red alert, scramble fighters! Crusader Squadron, 1st Corvettes, get your butts in gear and get back here!”
Was it possible? Had the Shivans somehow disabled the Jump Node and send in a scouting ship?
The scanners couldn’t quite make sense of it. Bigger than an Aeolus, but definetly smaller than a Deimos… With a final flick he opened a com-channel and switched it to broadcast on all frequencies.
“This is Admiral Christopher Schulz, 19th Battlegroup, GTVA. Unknown ship, identify yourself!” Setting the message on a loop he turned to watch the slow ballet of the battlegroup unfurl. The logistic ships slowly turned to port and made to bring distance between them and the unknown ship. They were accompanied by Arrakis Squadron, while the three Asasiyun ships pointed their bows menacingly at their potential target. In fact, every ship formed up and around the two destroyers. Satisfied Christopher noted that every ship knew it’s place, so the drill had worked.
Taking his place again and lighting just another cigarette, he waited…
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 05:27:32 am by crizza »

Offline HLD_Prophecy

• PVD_Hope in a former life
Does Polaris work?

Cascade Station. A rear-line NTF installation. Polaris

To the Father, Mother, and family of Machinist's Mate Nicholas Wilson,

In light of the recent tragic incident on board the NTC Fort Grace, I regret to inform you that your son...

Commodore Guderian set down his tablet and stared. Stared, out into the cold of space. The void had always soothed him. Space was cool, ready to salve away frustration, resentment, and hurt.

But not today.

Captain Mitchell of the 'Grace had been eager. Too eager. Recovered GTVA test data had enthusiastically concluded that the energy output of the Light Slashing Beam could be boosted by up to ten or eleven percent. All that was needed was to temporarily overload the reactor.

Captain Mitchell had been eager. Too eager. But Commodore Guderian had ultimately allowed the experiment to occur.

Several dozen casualties, almost all of them injuries ranging from mild to crippling. Only one man had died.

"Only one man"...

...I regret to inform you that your son, while serving in the line of duty...

Guderian found himself begging, hoping that Wilson's family followed some wholesome religion. The religious ones usually reacted with acceptance, even peace, after the initial shock, and no further harm came of the matter. Even the solely philosophical, he had discovered, could take solace in the fact that their loved one had perished nobly, with will and purpose. Those without religion had the hardest time handling loss. The Commodore wanted nothing more than that no further deaths should be laid at his door.

...I regret to inform you that your son, while serving in the line of duty, willingly gave his own...

Much, much later, Guderian again sat alone at the bridge, staring into space. A mug, half-empty, sat on the console. He picked it up, glanced into it. It was cold, chilly as the rest of the room. He allowed himself a smile that just touched the edge of his thoughts. His father and mother never would have approved. They wouldn't accept any coffee that was less than piping hot and freshly brewed. To Walther, coffee was coffee.

He stared, out into the cold of space. The void had always soothed him. Space was cool, ready to salve away frustration, resentment, and hurt.

Nicholas Wilson is somewhere out there. He allowed himself another smile, this one reaching his face. He picked up the half-full cup. And he willingly drained that cold, bitter drink, down to the very dregs.

The 5th Cruiser Squadron sat in darkness, awaiting some development. There was something afoot elsewhere in the universe, they were sure. Some illumination, maybe.

Or just a dream.

But it would be pretty interesting, if the NTF strikeforce would somehow end up in Delta Serpentis :D

To clarify:

The 19th Battlegroup was lined up in front of the Jump Gate in a tight formation. As always Crusader Squadron would lead the way, followed by the 1st Corvette Squadron, consisting of the Po, Scott and Yamamoto, which formed a protective formation around the Edric.
Clustered around the Pheonicia were the 2nd Corvette Division accompanied by the Sardaukar Squadron, while the 3rd and 4th formed a protective cordon around the Norma and Cenva, together with Atreides and Arrakis Squadrons.
The two Anemois were on the flanks of the Vengeance, which in turn was flanked by the 5th Corvette Division, with the Aurelius huddled beneath the carrier.
Aboard the bridge of the Pheonicia Admiral Schulz paced around like a caged lion. This Deployment sat ill with him. It was one thing to fight and kill fellow Terrans in brushfires, but this… And on top of that he was to follow orders of Admiral Steele. He sighed and went back to his seat. It was an old habit of his, but smoking helped him. It had advantages to be in charge.
“Message from the Malta Sir, Captain Oliver reports he is ready to go.”
Christopher signalled his acknowledgment with a curt nod of the head.
“Open a channel to the Malta.” He could do that himself, but he was loath to skip his assigned Officers. As the screen resolved into the image of Captain Oliver, the Admiral cracked a grin.
“Captain Oliver, lead the way. And don’t try to break my ship!”
Captain Oliver nodded and broke the connection. It was no secret that the Admiral treasured the Malta more than other ships. Granted, Christopher thought, he had other and longer postings, he had served ten years as commanding Officer aboard the Heisenberg, compared to the two years of the Malta and yet…
“Sometimes I think you love this old bucket more than your children or your wife…”
The voice sounded sarcastic, even without the face to match it, but the Admiral smiled non the less.
“Well Vice Admiral Syrgalla, my one and undying love is my loyalty to the GTVA…”
Finally the upper body of Syrgalla was seen on the main monitor.
“You know, I should’ve let Admiral Koth burn the Malta to ashes in Regulus… would’ve safed me a lot of trouble… like raising three children while my husband served on Vasudan ships”
Unusual as it was, Admirals Schulz and Syrgalla were the only married couple in command position of the GTVA, serving in the same Battlegroup.
The Admiral opened his mouth to reply, but was interrupted by his Sensors Officer.
“Sir, the Malta reports that she is unable to initiate the Subspace Jump!”
One eyebrow raised the Admiral flipped the information on the main screen.
“What are you talking about? Crusader Squadron is…”
And there it was… the data showed quite clearly, that the seven ships to jump as first wave had reached terminal velocity but failed to open the jump windows and had overshot the Jump Gate.
“Have them run diagnostics… Nimitz, no wait… we won’t disrupt the formation any further…”
Clicking his fingers, the Admiral thought this through. It could be a problem with the jump drives, but on seven ships, with the Yamamoto being a top-notch Diomedes this was highly unlikely. Maybe the Feds had finally played their card and severed the node?
“Contact Centaur Station and…”
Again he was interrupted, this time by the blare o an alarm siren.
“New contact, unknown classification!” Now things were getting interesting, Christopher thought with a sly grin. The image shown on the main screen was grainy, the ship looked like nothing the Admiral had ever seen, though it looked suspiciously organic.
“Imagine that thing in red and it looks shivan…” Someone on the bridge remarked.
“All ships, red alert, scramble fighters! Crusader Squadron, 1st Corvettes, get your butts in gear and get back here!”
Was it possible? Had the Shivans somehow disabled the Jump Node and send in a scouting ship?
The scanners couldn’t quite make sense of it. Bigger than an Aeolus, but definetly smaller than a Deimos… With a final flick he opened a com-channel and switched it to broadcast on all frequencies.
“This is Admiral Christopher Schulz, 19th Battlegroup, GTVA. Unknown ship, identify yourself!” Setting the message on a loop he turned to watch the slow ballet of the battlegroup unfurl. The logistic ships slowly turned to port and made to bring distance between them and the unknown ship. They were accompanied by Arrakis Squadron, while the three Asasiyun ships pointed their bows menacingly at their potential target. In fact, every ship formed up and around the two destroyers. Satisfied Christopher noted that every ship knew it’s place, so the drill had worked.
Taking his place again and lighting just another cigarette, he waited…

So what system are you in? It wasn't exactly clear. And is that supposed to be an Aesdherian ship?
Shivans view most other species the way we view infectious diseases. They think they are doing good by curing the universe of them. After all, no one mourns the fate of smallpox.

The Final War For The Multiverse

Offline crizza

Yeah, sry... I forgot the realy important part. I'm in Delta Serpentis and the ship is the White Star of Bomb3rman.

"And always make sure that your seatbelt is buckled up, son." His mother had told him this dozens of times as they used the hyper-caps on Mars. "Yeah, mum, should have listened to you... Ouch", Fisher says to himself as he gets up from the ground. The sudden jump and the following arrival in normal space had knocked him and almost everyone on the bridge of the Nightfly off their feet.

"Give me a goddamn sitrep, people!"

"We left hyperspace and reached an unknown system! Sensors are still offline, most other systems are working", Sally shouts. She puts herself in front of her monitors again. Her blond hair is falling into her eyes. "Looks like Marcus managed to seal the leak. Power fluctuations are lowering..."

Marcus' voice comes from the speakers: "We managed to block the malfunctioning parts. We'll need some time, but I've got an idea what caused the problems."

"Then let's hope we'll get that time you need...", Fisher answers.

"What's up? I can't see anything on these monitors...", Sally asks.

"Then look out of the good damn windows! We're not alone!"

The Nightfly had came out of some kind of round shaped jumpgate. With minimal speed, she left the jump-prohibiting field. But looking out of the main window, Fisher could see more than two dozen capital ships in front of them.

"Holy mackerel, what's that?!", James shouts.

"I ain't sure, but they don't seem too friendly..."

"What shall we do? Power up our engines and run?"

"Bad idea", Fisher answers. The White Star class could take brutal amounts of punishment before going down. He had seen this with his own eyes during the fight for Sol as Sheridans fleet engaged the remaining ships of the Earth Alliance, thanks to the adaptive vorlon armour added to the hull. But against a fleet like this, even surviving the initial round was impossible.

“This is Admiral Christopher Schulz, 19th Battlegroup, GTVA. Unknown ship, identify yourself!”

"Allright, looks like we got their attention. Sally, open a comm channel and tell them that we come in peace. And use your friendliest voice. Our butts might depend on it."

Offline HLD_Prophecy

out of character: so we're kicking things off here? Is there to be any more direction? No new topic? No "dungeon master" so to speak?

@Autohummer: yes you have heard it before.  :D I needed a random number and it was the first that came to mind.

that number comes to my mind a lot
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 07:07:20 pm by HLD_Prophecy »

out of character: so we're kicking things off here? Is there to be any more direction? No new topic? No "dungeon master" so to speak?

@Autohummer: yes you have heard it before.  :D I needed a random number and it was the first that came to mind.

that number comes to my mind a lot

As I said, I am waiting for Lorric to give his location. However I could begin some of the action with the players who have stated their locations already.
Shivans view most other species the way we view infectious diseases. They think they are doing good by curing the universe of them. After all, no one mourns the fate of smallpox.

Offline crizza

What about speed?
I can imagine that a Whitestar would easily outrun any I can field, even Draco Interceptors :D

What about speed?
I can imagine that a Whitestar would easily outrun any I can field, even Draco Interceptors :D

I think we would go with TBP speed and maneuverability stats as they work in the same engine.

Offline Lorric

I guess then I'll start where Spoon put me in the forum game 2 beta, which I might regret since he put me in the Carina system. In the asteroid belt... :nervous:

(Sorry, I didn't know I was holding things up.)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 06:24:28 pm by Lorric »

Offline HLD_Prophecy

So... don't see anything happenin'

I guess then I'll start where Spoon put me in the forum game 2 beta, which I might regret since he put me in the Carina system. In the asteroid belt... :nervous:

(Sorry, I didn't know I was holding things up.)

I can't find that system on the map, and a forum search returns only the post I quoted. Are you sure you spelled it correctly?

Anyway I have the new thread ready.