Author Topic: What are some in-progress campaigns I should keep my eye on?  (Read 7380 times)

Re: What are some in-progress campaigns I should keep my eye on?
I'm pretty sure FSO switched to a different directory for storing pilot files, logs and screenshots a while ago

Knossos did, FSO did not. FSO uses a different format for the pilot files for a year now, but they are still stored in the same folders.

Offline Iido

I've been running FSO 3.8.0 for a while now, so I don't think my build is terribly outdated? I had no idea YAL was that outdated, though. O_o The reason I was using it was because I recall having some issue with Wxlauncher, but I don't recall what it was. I seem to recall reading it was supposed to come with FSO, but it didn't with mine, so I tried downloading it by itself and installing it, though I may have installed it wrong...I really don't remember what the issue was. It it supposed to install to its own directory outside of the FS2 folder? Because mine did, and I think I had difficulty setting the paths to it or something...

So I poked around and found YAL, dropped it in FS2 folder and found it worked like a charm! :P

Thanks for the tip about Discord, btw! How exactly do I integrate it?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 11:31:01 pm by Iido »

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
You don't need to do anything yourself - you just need to have "Display currently running game as a status message" setting turned on in Discord, and then just add FSO to the list (you can just choose it from a list of currently working programs). The pain here is that you need to repeat the adding proccess every time you run a different FSO build.
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Offline Iido

I can't figure out how to get it to work right...I feel dumb. Whenever FSO is running and I am playing a campaign, the program is always labeled as simply "Freespace 2", and displays as such on Discord, both on the "add game" selection list and as what I'm currently playing afterwords.

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
It's visible if you click on your avatar in any conversation or in the server member list.
You can rename the game you're playing in "Added games" list (just click on the title), i.e. Freespace 2 to Freespace Open.
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Offline Iido

Just completed the prologue on Exile. For a moment, I was sure I'd finished the campaign, but then I remembered I hadn't actually passed the prologue yet. Now on Act 1: Into the Dark Waters! Really enjoying it so far, is definitely one of those big, high production value campaigns I'm always hoping to see more of! If this is just part 1, then I'm already looking forward to what part 2 is gonna bring to the table.

Offline Colt

• Needs more dakka
    • Steam
I had that same experience as well on my first play through. Lotta fun and def worth the time!

And yeah it's only the first act. I think there are 4 planned?

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Act II called The Schism is frozen for now. Our team switched to different projects and real-life matters, but it may be revived one day depending on many factors. I'm glad you like it.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Act II called The Schism is frozen for now. Our team switched to different projects and real-life matters, but it may be revived one day depending on many factors. I'm glad you like it.

Aside the RL matters, mind detailing that a bit further? Is there some new mystery project in the works or is it like with SG - "Here's Act 1 of 4, Act 2 is coming... soonish..."?

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile

Aside the RL matters, mind detailing that a bit further? Is there some new mystery project in the works or is it like with SG - "Here's Act 1 of 4, Act 2 is coming... soonish..."?
Ye
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Ye

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile

Ye

In case said project isn't SG2 :hopping: ;), could there be some sort of Exile 2-4 Oracle then someday?

Offline CT27

Nightmare, Nyctaeus told me about the future of SG in a PM to me, but revealing specific contents about PM conversations without permission is improper IMO so I'd suggest you PMing him about it.

Or Nyctaeus, would you like me to say what you told me about SG?

Offline Iido

Hey, real life matters come first, so it's okay, you guys take your time with it. We can all wait!

Nightmare, Nyctaeus told me about the future of SG in a PM to me, but revealing specific contents about PM conversations without permission is improper IMO so I'd suggest you PMing him about it.

Or Nyctaeus, would you like me to say what you told me about SG?

I'm really curious too. I won't ask for big details, but can you at least confirm whether or not SG2 is still coming or not? I really enjoyed the first one, it's one of my favorite campaigns, and I'd love to see that story continue.

Hey, real life matters come first, so it's okay, you guys take your time with it. We can all wait!

I. CANT. :shaking:

Offline CT27

I was a Gamma tester for Exile Act 1.  If you want there to be more of a chance of seeing Exile 2 and 3 someday, volunteer to be a tester for Exile.  I'm sure Nyctaeus would appreciate the help.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline CT27

Gamma tester

What's that?

I don't know if it's an official term, it's just what Nyctaeus called it.  Basically what he gave me to test he felt was ready to release as is...but he just wanted someone to take one last look at it.

Offline Novachen

• The one and only capella supernova
    • Twitter
I would call such version a Release candidate  :D
Female FreeSpace 2 pilot since 1999.
Former Global moderator in the German FreeSpace Galaxy Forum.
Developer of NTP - A Multi-Language Translation Library Interface, which allows to play FreeSpace in YOUR Language.

Is one of my releases broken or not working? Please send a PM here, on Discord at @novachen or on Twitter @NovachenFS2, a public tweet or write a reply in my own release threads here on HLP, because these are the only threads i am still participating in.