Author Topic: New Eyecandy Thread  (Read 852424 times)

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Wow i can't believe you htl'd the GTD Icelus!! that brings a tear to my eye to see a model i made so long ago to be brought up to date, Yip i made the original model for icelus back when i was known as Skaarj.

PS how do you change the wiki so i can put my name down as the original creator of the model for R1
We have a lot of fun with this :P. It's awesome model. Moonred did HTL version of raw model, FSF uvmapped, textured and partially converted it. I've did final conversion, pof data and other stuff.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
PS how do you change the wiki so i can put my name down as the original creator of the model for R1
You'll need to register an account on the Wiki (separate to your forum account). The FS Wiki doesn't allow editing by non-registered members.

register, and you have an edit button in the middle-upper-left part of the screen

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
The good ol' Peregrine bomber. Glad to see it is still in.
Will the Claymore family and the Stentor appear too?
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline mr.WHO

Peregrine is nice, however could you replace those blue-white cokpit texture with the other blue hull texture?

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
I also find that cockpit border texture a tad too flashey. Overall the ship looks very nice.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
Oh, I wish, I wish...

If I was a modeller of any respectable calibre I would've changed the Icelus' appearance, maybe a little, maybe a lot, I don't know. I liked the concept of an upgraded Hecate as part of the GTVA war effort, but not the model as it exists now... the current high-poly Hecate looked... "deadlier" to me somehow. (oops hope I didn't offend starbug. :()

Replacing the Raynor? How about the Boreas? Somehow I always saw the Boreas as the Raynor's equal, only "less advanced" (in its use of FS2 Terran textures, but hey, familiarity works here, don't you think?), assuming both ships coexisted in the INF universe. Of course there's the Segomo, but since the independent SOC fleet is gone, that one's answered...

Second the notion to see Phobos/Alcyone, why not the Alexandria too. Maybe the odd transport or cargo ship for good measure. Some "new, yet not so new" ships to bridge the gap between 2367 - 239x/24xx while keeping the GTVA thematic link in place... besides, that's still 30 years of available development time... even with the an economic collapse? :doubt:

I see it like this: the EA vs. Sol war effort is nowhere near as taxing as the GTVA - Shivan war; EA had the time to make everything look uniform, menacing, fitting a certain theme. Blue. Plays to propaganda too, but it does show (in a way) that some sort of government reform took place on Earth.

The GTVA on the other hand (if they still hold that pseudo-good guy position ala R1, but that's going off-track) just design and build whatever works. Let success in combat unconsciously brainwash the people to accept the not-as-good aesthetics and eventually romanticise them. Phobos can be one example, it's (mostly) just a flying box that can shoot in any direction.

End random banter, cool stuff so far. Still not sold on the EA paint scheme but considering what I said above I can learn to accept it. Same goes for the Gagana's wing launchers, I thought they looked better and more aggressive mounted at the edges, just needed the wings and launchers themselves to look good somehow. But that one a few pages back looks more realistic, so if that's what you guys are going for, then I can't really argue, can I. :nervous: :)
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares
TheHound: "Nice idea, but I have a thing against announcing campaigns before having them already finished."
G5K: "The flipside of that is that if you don't announce your campaign, yet take too long to finish it, other people may independently come up with some of the same ideas."

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
Expect a big manifestation within this week. ;7

-R

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
How disappointingly vague.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
and something else a week or two later :p

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
How 'big'?
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline Snail

• SC 5
This thread: Back from the dead.

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Lurching out of the grave, stumbling in a horrific semblance of life, recognized by all but no longer what it once was...

...until somebody posts pretty pictures anyways.

A Feddie Story

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
To appease the souls of HLPers long gone (as well as those still present):

-R

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
Is that the improved mesh I sent you guys?

Also the texture looks... weird, somehow. I'm not sure why.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
Is that the improved mesh I sent you guys?

We are using the optimized mesh.

Texture follows the same scheme for all EA bombers.  It doesn't look half bad in-game.

-R

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.

There are parts that seem to be catching the light that probably shouldn't, like the more distant upper wing in comparison to the central body. It looks like it's casting a shadow at the base of the wing, but then you get a spot that's brighter than the other side, then pretty much the same until the canted portion. There are some other things like that too.

Diffuse lighting render?

A Feddie Story

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Somethings making it look like its uniformly smoothed or something. :/
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
Yeah, when I got the model to optimize, there wasn't anything in the way of smooth groups. I didn't change anything because I was sure that Rampage would handle it.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL