Author Topic: New Eyecandy Thread  (Read 844517 times)

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Skotas is new Darkness. Second one is probably the Raiden.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 07:57:49 pm by Betrayal »
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
Whatever goes, I think they should be publicly released instead of just tossed into the trash, though.
:yes:

Skotas is the HTL Darkness.  The Raiden was scrapped and the Kyrios is its replacement using a new mesh.

-R

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Rampage, check your PMs please.
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
That new EA destroyer looks like a bruiser! but who made it, because i think they must like Transformers animated because the front just looks like the head of the Decepticon Lugnut which is cool, i love Lugnut brilliant character! Even the posistion of the turrets on the front are in the same place where lugnuts eyes are.

Look at his head and compare it to the front of the ship

I am also reminded of some of the beta capital ships of the TEC in Sins of Solar empire. So is this a replacement for the Icanus?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 04:41:34 am by starbug »
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
No, the Icanus will have to be more detailed than that ship  :nervous:

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
WOW! sounds like the EA is going to have some serious firepower at its disposal YAY!! I couldn't help notice in that screenshot that there was a list of ancients. I thought the ancient fleet was removed from inferno?
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline mr.WHO

Whatever goes, I think they should be publicly released instead of just tossed into the trash, though.
:yes:

Skotas is the HTL Darkness.  The Raiden was scrapped and the Kyrios is its replacement using a new mesh.

-R

I hope that you also release scrapped Raiden too as new Inferno leftovers.

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
Rampage, check your PMs please.

I am currently away from my work computer and will not return to it until later tonight.

-R

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Well, the Raiden's mesh wasn't exceptional. You may get a better effect by reskinning INFASA's Erinome once it's released.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Yeah but people are going to want it anyway because of the rarity of good corvettes. When your only real competition is the likes of the GTCv Nike, people will take what they can get. :P
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 11:33:23 am by Woolie Wool »

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Well weren't both the Raiden and Ryujin originally made public with the OTT modeldump?

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Does your old Raiden have the same tilemapping layout as the OTT versions? The OTT capships mostly have godawful mapping.

--General Battuta

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
No, the mesh is the same but IIRC I remapped it for our EA tiles and replaced all the turrets.

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Redoing the mapping may be a serious problem for the ToF team, I could kludge other textures onto the OTT Ryujin model when we were still using it and have it look half decent, but the Raiden is infinitely worse in its mapping.

--General Battuta

I extremely look forward to having all these HTL'd versions of the current INFR1 ships. I really like the SOC and Shivan ships in Inferno, and the much larger amount of ships, in one package, made me decide to base a campaign on. Just really would like to hear a release date for all of this stuff!
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCDentonCZ

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
I don't think there's an SOC fleet anymore though.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Redoing the mapping may be a serious problem for the ToF team, I could kludge other textures onto the OTT Ryujin model when we were still using it and have it look half decent, but the Raiden is infinitely worse in its mapping.
It's not as bad as it looks. I've retextured it into INFA Fen maps and it looks cool. Version I've made for NS also has new turrets. This model isn't as hard to alter as it seems.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
More eyecandy:

Now I'm really impressed. :yes2::nod::yes:
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

IS there a release date set for all this goodness, though? All these amazing ships are driving me crazy ^^

As for SOC, they dont really need a update imo, I've always liked their looks the way they were.

Think anyone in charge of keeping track of development, can tell me anything specific so I can look forward to having these ships under my command in FRED2?
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCDentonCZ

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
They said we should expect an INF asset release soon.