Author Topic: StarCraft 2: More info  (Read 19219 times)

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
:bump:

They finally updated their site again!

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Only four months to go until the next one!

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
Only four months to go until the next one!
Till the next update, you mean? :P
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
No. Tiberium Sun Titans > Predator Tanks/Tiberium War Titans. Also, Mammoth Mk2 >100 Mammoth Mk3.

Pfft.. Tiberium Sun had some of the worst unit designs ever. HATED the walkers there. Tiberium wars all the way..
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Yeah, I'm with TrashMan.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Eh, to each his own, I guess.  I absolutely loved the walker units from TS.  Hover MLRSs were cool too.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
I think Titans are overpowered in TSun, and underpowered, least till you get the railgun, in TWars. And I loved the MkII, but only for the AT-AT vibe it gave off.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
Oi! Go back to the C&C topic if you want to discuss C&C!

This here is the StarCraft 2 thread... or one of them, anyway.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
I think however, that the MkII will probably be challenged by the Protoss Colossus. What do you all think?

:P

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Um, no, it wouldn't, because the Colossus does reduced damage to armor. It's an anti-small-guy unit.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
Well, it could definitely outrange it by stepping up cliff to shoot down and going down cliff when the MKII goes up.

...Wow infinite micro possiblities abound.

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
The Colossus is supposed to have (upgraded) the longest anti-ground range of any unit. But its extreme height makes it vulnerable to both anti-ground and anti-air attack.

Offline mxlm

Um, no, it wouldn't, because the Colossus does reduced damage to armor. It's an anti-small-guy unit.

It's an anti-small-guy unit employed by space elves with uber tech. It can still beat that primitive contraption.
I will ask that you explain yourself. Please do so with the clear understanding that I may decide I am angry enough to destroy all of you and raze this sickening mausoleum of fraud down to the naked rock it stands on.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
Think we can use the TOW CABLE ATTACK on it?

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR

It's an anti-small-guy unit employed by space elves with uber tech. It can still beat that primitive contraption.

But the Colossuss has 12 beam cannons adn 1 million hP!!!!!  ;7 ;7 ;7

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
Derp!

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
StarCraft 2 is going to be like this.  I will probably play SC2 from when it comes out for years to come. Probably put it down and pick it back up again and play some more. It's happened with SC and with WarCraft III.  I go away and then come back.  With C&C I play it for a good long while and then it tends to get put away for good.  Except RA2 and RA which I both reinstalled multiple times.
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
Don't forget about WarCraft II.  :D

Unfortunately for Mac OS users, they've dropped support for OSX, so you'd have to run it under an emulator or run Windows on your computer, I guess...

...No problem with StarCraft, though!

Totally off-topic, I just happened to have this two-player map for Brood War that I made a while back laying around... What do you think?

[attachment deleted by admin]
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I played Starcraft once, played a few matches wiht my buddes, uninstaleld it an never played it again. Wasn't all that amazing....

Offline mxlm

StarCraft 2 is going to be like this.  I will probably play SC2 from when it comes out for years to come. Probably put it down and pick it back up again and play some more. It's happened with SC and with WarCraft III.  I go away and then come back.  With C&C I play it for a good long while and then it tends to get put away for good.  Except RA2 and RA which I both reinstalled multiple times.

I tried coming back to warcraft III a month or two ago. I found that the average skill level had increased substantially during my absence and got pretty tired of having my head handed to me pretty quickly.
I will ask that you explain yourself. Please do so with the clear understanding that I may decide I am angry enough to destroy all of you and raze this sickening mausoleum of fraud down to the naked rock it stands on.