Author Topic: F.3.A.R 3 revealed  (Read 6452 times)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
This, this is good point.

Offline Vrets

I hope that the AI is better in F.E.A.R 3. Actually, I hope that the enemies in number three are more fearsome, in general.

I ended up feeling sorry for the lackluster foes in F.E.A.R 2, in particular those unfortunate Armacham soldiers. They spend the entire game getting horribly massacred by you, your squad, Alma, the Replicas, the abominations, remnants, phantoms, and nature itself. Those guys need to unionize.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 07:32:34 pm by Vrets »

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
I hope that the AI is better in F.E.A.R 3. Actually, I hope that the enemies in number three are more fearsome, in general.

I ended up feeling sorry for the lackluster foes in F.E.A.R 2, in particular those unfortunate Armacham soldiers. They spend the entire game getting horribly massacred by you, your squad, Alma, the Replicas, the abominations, remnants, phantoms, and nature itself. Those guys need to unionize.

The International Brotherhood of First Person Shooter Mooks
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Gortef

• A meat popsicle
http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/45905/fear-3/videos/fear3_trl_announcementtrailer_4710.html

F.3.A.R Announcement Trailer. Looks pretty s(l)ick to me, me likey :D
Habeeb it...

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
Hmmmm.... Pretty good trailer, take it the long haired guy doing the shooting is the point man from the first one. Wonder if becket will make an cameo in this
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline mxlm

Incidentally, did anyone else think AvP2's Marine campaign was much scarier than FEAR?

Admittedly, I've only played a few hours of FEAR so far, so maybe my opinion will change.
I will ask that you explain yourself. Please do so with the clear understanding that I may decide I am angry enough to destroy all of you and raze this sickening mausoleum of fraud down to the naked rock it stands on.

It will; Alma is scary as ****.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
there were a couple places i about shat myself in FEAR.  there was only one good scare scene in FEAR 2, those who have played it probably know where i am talking about.

and by "scare", i mean genuinally creepy, unsetteling, horror.  not something popping out at you.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline Vrets

there were a couple places i about shat myself in FEAR.  there was only one good scare scene in FEAR 2, those who have played it probably know where i am talking about.

Spoiler:
That long hallway in Wade Elementary with the flashing lights and crazy music?

Offline VPR

Seeing as Monolith aren't doing this I'm worried a little how this will turn out.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers

Spoiler:

yes.  i was physically shaking during that part.  it helped that i had the lights out playing at night with the volume turned up substantially on a 5.1 system.  :shaking:

but MANY places in FEAR 1 made my skin crawl, and i was truely scared of what i might find around the corner.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Spoiler:
I was ok in the school. Once the APC ended up in the subway though. The point where my pal wandered off during heavy combat towards the light freaked me out as I was on a two hour playing binge in the dark at two am. It kinda reminded me of when I watched poltergeist as a child. By child I mean six or seven. . . . . I don't like the light. :nervous:
Funnily enough the start bit with the nuke got me as well. Don't why though. 
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Vrets

there were a couple places i about shat myself in FEAR.  there was only one good scare scene in FEAR 2, those who have played it probably know where i am talking about.

Spoiler:

yes.  i was physically shaking during that part.  it helped that i had the lights out playing at night with the volume turned up substantially on a 5.1 system.  :shaking:

but MANY places in FEAR 1 made my skin crawl, and i was truely scared of what i might find around the corner.

It was a great moment. For me at least, the formula for frightening computer games is to have a dangerous or confusing environment with enemies that appear unpredictably and are actually capable of harming the player. The bulk of FEAR1 struck me as tame, because Alma isn't capable of directly harming the player. The final interval of FEAR1 is great because it shakes this up. With a few exceptions, FEAR2 botched this lesson by turning Alma into a quick time event, trivilizing her character.

Argh, you're getting me all worked up. Interesting to see what happens in FEAR3. I am skeptical because the torch has been passed from Monolith to the company responsible for porting their games. That's not a good sign.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 11:30:48 pm by Vrets »

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
FEAR 2 felt consolized enough already to me.  **** like mouse buttons not working SHOULD NOT be happening.  especially after 4 or so patches.  nothing will ever be a true FEAR sequel to me until they match the atmosphere of 1.  the trailer does not instill hope for this.  PM looks like a hobo, paxton looks nothing the same.  i want the hard contrast type graphics back from 1 too.  maybe at least the story won't be pants.

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
Seeing as Monolith aren't doing this I'm worried a little how this will turn out.

Monolith are jointly making it with other studio and the other that is working on it, i can't remember there name worked on all the console versions of F.E.A.R, so i think they do have some experience with the universe. Having said that though i remember that relic did the same with DOW soulstorm and passed that on to iron lore and it turned out to be a bad game. Got to wonder why monolith are passing on of there most successful ips on to some else, i wonder what they are working if they have to share development with another studio????
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Relic was not involved at all with the development of Soulstorm.  They handed it off to Iron Lore and we got a total PoS in return.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
the publisher is the one who controlls who the developer is.  WB gave fear 3 to the other guys and let a couple monolith guys on as "project leads".  if i had to guess, it's about cost.  they can probably pay the new developer a lot less and try to turn a bigger profit. 

Or not, as the game may turn out to be a steaming pile of horse dung thanks to the new developers.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
My God, can no one on this forum be excited for a new game without *****ing about how it's going to suck?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
My God, can no one on this forum be excited for a new game without *****ing about how it's going to suck?

Not if the previous one sucked after the first one was great!