Modding, Mission Design, and Coding > Voice Acting

Voice acting _Vasudans

(1/2) > >>

bolero:
Hey guys, i have a question about voice acting when regards to the vasudans.  In the campaign Derelict they managed to get the vasudan language speaking faintly in the background while it is being translated to english.  How did they go about getting sound files for the vasudan speech, and get the translation to sound computerized like that?  Any ideas would be great!

-Bolero

aldo_14:

--- Quote from: bolero on May 26, 2006, 05:17:44 pm ---Hey guys, i have a question about voice acting when regards to the vasudans.  In the campaign Derelict they managed to get the vasudan language speaking faintly in the background while it is being translated to english.  How did they go about getting sound files for the vasudan speech, and get the translation to sound computerized like that?  Any ideas would be great!

-Bolero

--- End quote ---

There's an extended piece of translation-free Vasudan speech at the Freespace website (http://www.volition-inc.com/fs/);  I'd guess they used Goldwave or similar to add a few effects etc on top.  It is possible to create new, unique Vasudan speech as well, by doing certain froody things to the sound, but I forget exactly which.

Er, that's largely a useless reply.  Sorry. :)

Nuclear1:
I've always used the Mechanize feature in GoldWave to achieve the translated voice effect, and simply mixing small samples of Vasudan speech in with the translated speech for the background.

GoldWave is quite good for this type of editing, though I often use it in conjunction with Audacity for certain other features.

[/second largely useless reply]

Slanker_MT:
Blacksheep knows quite alot about this.

PotzUK:
Just downloaded that Vasudan speech, played it in soundrec reversed.  I swear I can make out a few words of english in there!  Am I goin mad?!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version