Author Topic: Dragon Age 3, Human Origin, concept Art  (Read 15032 times)

Re: Dragon Age 3, Human Origin, concept Art
It still wouldn't be nearly as moddable as a Bethesda game, though, which gives them the edge in my opinion.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Unless there's someone more interesting. And saving the world is pretty interesting usually.
We'll have to disagree on this; I see no particular appeal in saving the world from yet another completely dehumanized Dark Horde.
Yeah, seeing someone doing it would could suck if done badly, but no one's saying you need to play as The Savior's stableboy. DAII and KOTOR2 (or Mask of the Betrayer if anyone played that one) are good examples of how it can be done: you do have a huge effect on the game world, but you're not playing for that effect's sake, instead you are driven primarily by more personal reasons - which makes the game more engaging, at least for me.
The lyf so short, the craft so long to lerne.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
We'll have to disagree on this; I see no particular appeal in saving the world from yet another completely dehumanized Dark Horde.

Awakening, among other things, has suggested that's not what the Darkspawn are, and there's no reason to continue in that mode particularly.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Luis Dias

Idk really if Bioware's writing style is compatible with "open worlds".

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
It isn't.

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
It isn't.

It could be.  DA:O is a perfect example.  The map between locations for travel with random encounters here and there actually felt really forced in that game.  It would have lended itself much between to an open world where you trek between locales because it really would have increased the sense of scale.  Instead, travelling between the Mages Tower and Denerim was just a "click here and awaaayyyyyyyy...." mechanic that broke immersion immensely.  And made it very easy to farm gold with potent lyrium potions.

What are sidequests, really?  Mini-stories set as asides within a grander adventure.  There's nothing saying you have to use artificial environment limits to generate them.  BioWare's sidequests would probably be better if you could wander away from them in the middle and return later because something else caught your fancy.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
If you are waiting for the first, official, and concrete information about Dragon Age III than you need to be patient. Very patient. According to Chris Priestly, we will not get any new info about the game this year. Priestly said, that until the team responsible for the game is not ready, they will not tell anything. The comment in the extension.

As I have said before, we will not be discussing DA3 until, likely, spring next year. There won't be teasers or other info until Mark Darrah & the team are ready to open the gates and actually start talking about the game. Sorry.

http://social.bioware.com/=http:/social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/371/index/14842778

http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
If you were counting on meeting one of the last griffons in DAIII I have a bad news for you. According to Mark Darrah, the Executive producer of Inquisition, we would not see griffon riders this time, because it would not fit in the design and stylistic trend. The producers also do not plan any time jumps so there will be no narration of the type found in Dragon Age II.

"Not a steampunk setting -Still in the Dragon Age so no huge time jumps -no gryphon riding (sorry) -not a framed narrative ".

Wait. What does Not a Framed Narrative mean in this context?

"Da2 had Varric as a narrator telling the entire story (like Princess Bride) DA3 doesn't do that".

Shame there will be no griffons i was hoping that they would somehow come into the DA games, but i am glad they are no longer using the narrator style telling of the story. That made DA2 feel restricted for me.

Also seems fans were wanting to move dragon age into a early steampunk age, with guns and magic. Now for the universe i really don't think that would be a good idea for the 3rd game as its still set within the timeline of hawke and the Warden, although maybe the dwarfs as one was experimenting with explosives in awakening and the qunari i believe have cannons.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 06:08:35 am by starbug »
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-