Author Topic: A celebration of Freespace  (Read 2657597 times)

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Re: A celebration of Freespace
Dude, awesome. :)

I'll upload those screenshots to the website and to ModDB shortly.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Well that beats everything I've ever posted. :lol:

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
That beats anything everyone else has ever posted.

...in terms of shot angles, of course. :nervous:

I always wonder how you do it, Spidey.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline eliex

Your screenshots are simply A grade. What's your secret?  ;)

Offline ssmit132

• Also known as "Typhlomence"
    • Steam
    • Twitter

I don't remember there being any Angels in ST:R...

This one's fantastic! :D

Offline Snail

• SC 5

Offline eliex

Probably you didn't notice them as they died nearly as fast as Aeshmas in a fight. They had few waves and the best part was - no shielding.  :nod:

Offline Rhymes

• Galactic Mediator
  • Fatum Iustum Stultorum
I think this smiley will show the resulting effect -----> :beamz:
If you don't have Knossos, you need it.

“There was a button," Holden said. "I pushed it."
"Jesus Christ. That really is how you go through life, isn't it?”

Offline azile0

• Resident Trekkie
Oh. My. God. :jaw:
You get one chocolate chip.

. <--- There it is.

Self-proclaimed master of the Keypad.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Dude, awesome. :)

I'll upload those screenshots to the website and to ModDB shortly.

And them to the Wikipedia entry, too: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FreeSpace_2_Source_Code_Project
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Spidey-

Silent Threat: Reborn - Volume 2
Yeah, I basically took a few from each mission
A couple of them are flipped because I had too many going in the same direction. Anyways, enjoy!

The final installment will be posted tomorrow, including the climactic entrance of the Hades...

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
I'm seeing the screenshots now, and I automatically think of Mecross and Macross. :drevil:
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Damn, Spidey, how do you do that?

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
el hombre vicio...

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
One thing i noticed from the screenshots that reminded me of fs2, is that there's only like one demon destroyer in the main fs2 campaign. And that sucks.
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
One thing i noticed from the screenshots that reminded me of fs2, is that there's only like one demon destroyer in the main fs2 campaign. And that sucks.

Someone needs to hi-poly that destroyer, too. It's begging for it.
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
trashman did, didn't he?
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
He's working on it still I think.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
trashman did, didn't he?
I didn't like the look of his HTL'ization though.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
I still don't see what's wrong with it.
Maybe it's just the angle of the latest screenshot of it.