Author Topic: A celebration of Freespace  (Read 2667496 times)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Re: A celebration of Freespace
That Tarkin head.ani is creeping me out. :shaking:

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project

Nice nodemap, very very nice! :D Although I can give for sure that Delta Serpentis was unknown to both Terrans and Vasudans until the Reconstruction Era... :nervous:

By the way, did you use canon sources to assign systems to each species? :)
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Nice nodemap, very very nice! :D Although I can give for sure that Delta Serpentis was unknown to both Terrans and Vasudans until the Reconstruction Era...
Is it cocaine?

But srsly, how could the TERRANS not know about Delta Serp in the GW? You yourself said that's the only way out! Maybe they got out and didn't know where the hell they were. Look ma, we're in another solar cistern!

I hope you mean Gamma Drax.

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries

Nice nodemap, very very nice! :D Although I can give for sure that Delta Serpentis was unknown to both Terrans and Vasudans until the Reconstruction Era... :nervous:

By the way, did you use canon sources to assign systems to each species? :)

Kind of. FS1 is really, really vague about which side had what before the Shivans messed it all up.
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

so, you took what we DID know, which (i think) sort of gave you a 'line' of systems, and so you just filled in the blanks behind it?
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
More or less. This also explains the Gamma Draconis error (no offense ;)).
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
"Gamma Draconis is a remote, uninhabited system discovered shortly before the outbreak of the Great War."

So it might not even be on the node map.  It wasn't even labeled on the official post-FS1 :v: map, for instance.

Offline Shiku

Okay, perhaps everybody else already noticed this years ago. But was it just EXTREME luck that the Shivans missed Earth at the beginning of the great war?

I mean they invade Ross 128, move to Delta Serpentis. From here they have a 50/50 chance of going to Sol, instead they wander off to Ribos and spread out over the rest of Terran/Vasudan Space, but they only make an effort to head to Sol AFTER going all the way up to Vasuda and wiping them out. (And they even took the long route on that one too)

Sorry if this is old news, but this Nodemap just made it blatantly clear to me how close Ross 128 is to earth, I always thought it was a fringe system, out where say Wolf 359 is.
No one becomes depraved all at once.

I followed Snipes quite wide and far,
And he led us to an unknown star,
But as soon as I surveyed the scene,
A great Sathanas did fill my screen,
As it rushed forward for a jump,
The both of us seemed destined to bump,
Until I heard Snipes, not too quiet,
“Dive, Dive!! Hit your burners, pilot!!!!” -Trayus

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
No, actually they went into Ross 128, stopped, went into Ikeya, and attacked from there. I added a Delta Serpentis-Ribos node just to even the balance of systems between the GTA and PVE.
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline Shiku

Okay, that makes a lot more sense to me.
No one becomes depraved all at once.

I followed Snipes quite wide and far,
And he led us to an unknown star,
But as soon as I surveyed the scene,
A great Sathanas did fill my screen,
As it rushed forward for a jump,
The both of us seemed destined to bump,
Until I heard Snipes, not too quiet,
“Dive, Dive!! Hit your burners, pilot!!!!” -Trayus

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
No, actually they went into Ross 128, stopped, went into Ikeya, and attacked from there. I added a Delta Serpentis-Ribos node just to even the balance of systems between the GTA and PVE.
Shivans in Ike(y)a - quick, hide the furniture!
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Ziame

• ED ftw

OH NOES THEY GOT ME ARMCHAIR! EVACUATE!

It just occured to me -> does ANYone store those screenshots? everyones? It would be a wastes to loses thems.
Rabbinic Judaism had a good start with the Old Testament but kinda missed the point about 2000 years ago

ALL HAIL HERRA
/fan of BlackHole

:wakka:

Offline Rick James

• Scathed By Admins
"I'm sorry, sir. Our 'Altair' series of ergonomic desk chairs was wiped out by a few rowdy customers some time ago..."

Boystrous 19 year old temp at work slapped me in the face with an envelope and laughed it off as playful. So I shoved him over a desk and laughed it off as playful. It's on camera so I can plead reasonable force.  Temp is now passive.

Just a random battle scene from Derelict.

Dont let the beams cross!  :lol:

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Holy crap, that's epic looking. What's your light settings?
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
the last time i saw lighting like this was on flag settings i had years ago that i forgot how i did that.
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

This is what I use for lighting.

-ambient_factor 0 -no_emissive_light -spec_exp 11 -spec_point .6 -spec_static .8 -spec_tube .4 -ogl_spec 80

Found it in a thread somewhere around here a couple months back.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
I have fallen in love with missile spam.

lvlshotted
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Who wouldn't fall in love with it? ;)
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?