Author Topic: Theora player code crashes compilation process.  (Read 1892 times)

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
Theora player code crashes compilation process.
There. I followed wiki directions by doing

Code: [Select]
$ cvs -d:pserver:anonymous:[email protected]:/home/fs2source/cvsroot login

$ cvs -z3 -d:pserver:[email protected]:/home/fs2source/cvsroot co fs2_open

$ ./autogen.sh

$ make

Since non-optimized builds have seemd to be working the best on my box. This starts the compilation process all right, but it will stop like this (8 last lines):

In file included from cutscene/movie.cpp:112:
./cutscene/oggplayer.h:28:27: error: theora/theora.h: Tiedostoa tai hakemistoa ei ole
./cutscene/oggplayer.h:46: error: ‘theora_info’ does not name a type
./cutscene/oggplayer.h:47: error: ‘theora_comment’ does not name a type
./cutscene/oggplayer.h:48: error: ‘theora_state’ does not name a type
make[1]: *** [movie.o] Virhe 1
make[1]: Poistutaan hakemistosta "/opt/Freespace_Open/SCP-koodikansio/CVS-builds/fs2_open/code"
make: *** [all-recursive] Virhe 1

Sorry for Finnish error messages... here's translation:

"Tiedostoa tai hakemistoa ei ole" == File or directory not found
"Poistutaan hakemistosta" == Exiting directory
"Virhe 1" = Error 1

Is this Mantisable error?

Do I need to have some specific Theora package for it to work, or is there some command line option that is not in the Wiki?

Or do I need to specify something in CVS checkout for it to download the official 3.6.9 source? If I do, what is it?

This is not a pressing matter because I primarily use Windows anyway and I've got working RC build on my installation, so I can use it on Linux anyway, but it would be nice to have the latest official one obviously. And obviously, if the Wiki method doesn't work off-the-box for new users, it's all the more frustrating for them.
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Re: Theora player code crashes compilation process.
You need to install the theora-dev package on your distro. See this thread.
-C

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
Crap. ::)

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
> >   libtheora-dev: Depends: libtheora0 (= 0.0.0.alpha5-0ubuntu2) but 0.0.0.alpha7-1ubuntu1~dapper1 is to be installed
> > E: Broken packages

:hopping:

So this is not a problem with FS2_Open but rather with (my) Kubuntu having incompatible packages in repositories defined in sources.list... Well, off we go to amazing world of googling again. You gotta love it. :D

EDIT: Great. Removing libtheora0 and then installing libtheora-dev will bring it back and that works in getting libtheora-dev, BUT uninstalling libtheora0 will uninstall about 100 MB of other packages along the way. And trying to bring those back, apt started *****ing about OTHER unmet dependancies - specifically, all gnome-related stuff didn't want to install at first. :sigh:

Oh well, getting fs2_open to work is more important than having a working GNOME installation on Kubuntu, I guess...
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 02:03:35 am by Herra Tohtori »
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline CaptJosh

You install libtheora-dev in addition to the other theora packages, not in place of them.
CaptJosh

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
Sure I know that and the first thing I tried was obviously to apt-get install libtheora-dev, but it didn't want to install when too new a version of libtheora0 was present. Dependencies didn't meet so apt didn't proceed. That's why I had to first uninstall libtheora0 and whole bunch of other stuff along with it, then I just installed libtheora-dev so that it could install the packages it depended on, including correct version of libtheora0.

:p

Offline CaptJosh

And this is part of why avoid Debian and debian based distros like the very plague. SuSE 9.3 does not have and would never have had this issue.

BTW, anyone try OpenSuSE 10.2 yet, either 32 or 64 bit? I'm not sure I want to bother downloading the ISOs just yet and I'd like some opinions.
CaptJosh

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.