Author Topic: ahh yes - you are the people i was looking for (NOT POSTED BY ME)  (Read 5364 times)

Offline tinfoil

• i'm 13 remember
ahh yes - you are the people i was looking for (NOT POSTED BY ME)
Has anyone ever thought of trying to get fS onto an Mp3 player - such as mine the samsung yp-p2 is it possible even?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 11:49:12 am by tinfoil »
Alcibades' Gamble - We Love Our Ice Cream

Everything you need to know, and more can be found at The Freespace Wiki

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
Re: ahh yes - you are the people i was looking for
*Facepalm*

The engine IS NOT MEANT FOR THAT LITTLE POWER.

The FS engine was natively designed to work on powerful processors. It will not work on such a low processor, and it needs a dedicated video card. An MP3 barely has a processor, ha no RAM, and no GPU.

It. Will. Not. Work.

(sorry for the harshness, it's really late, but I told you already)
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline tinfoil

• i'm 13 remember
yup i know
but think of the possibilities

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
It won't work. There are no possibilities.

Now go play the cell phone game.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
@tinfoil: Oh wow, you actually did it.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Cole, you may be right that it won't run on some, but I have a feeling that there are MP3 players/iPhones/PDAs out there that, theoretically, have the power to run Freespace.  I mean there's 700mhz ARM processors in some of those things, and FS ran on a Pentium 1.  Maybe it was designed to work on powerful processors 10 years ago, but I've seen toasters with more power than that nowadays.  My Dell Axim even has a dedicated GPU.  Also 64mb of RAM.  I'm sure there are some MP3 player-type devices that have improved upon that even.  I just don't know why you feel your answer should be so authoritative cole, and I really think you should be a little more tactful with some of your posts.  You, and a few other members around here seem to feel the urge to reply to almost everything, and while enthusiasm can be a good thing, it feels more like spam at times, at least to me.  Even if your post was related to a previous encounter, no one else sees that, they just see you flying off without even really knowing what you're talking about, as if you're Taylor himself or something.  If you really need to get a comment out in such a manner at least use a PM or something.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I don't think he wants it to use an MP3 player. I think he wants the game to run as a portable app on an MP3 player. If you're expecting the game to actually run on the MP3 player you've got little hope. Unless you have an MP3 player running Linux on an Intel or PPC processor I doubt the game would work.

If on the other hand you mean sticking the game in the MP3 player's HD/Memory and simply plugging it in to play on any PC I'll point out that not only is it possible but that it's already been done with BtRL.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Swifty, I think the question was to code FSO to run _on_ a standalone MP3 playing device such as an iPod, or the mentioned Samsung device.  I don't believe he wanted to code MP3 player control functionality into Freespace.

Oops Kara beat me to it.  The functionality mentioned about BtRL would also function on any portable storage, MP3 player or not, which is kind of cool.  That can be useful, FS2 on the go.  Show it to your friends.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Offline Swifty

• I reject your fantasy & substitute my own
i deleted my original post in embarrassment. :o

Offline Snail

• SC 5
i deleted my original post in embarrassment. :o
Swiftly?

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
HAHAHA

Offline tinfoil

• i'm 13 remember
Sorry guys - this wasn't even me posting this thread. My brother got onto my account and now i'm just doing damage control. My apologies for Travis's stupidity. i woulden't even want fs on a portable thing. it would take away the great feeling of diving down the stairs to my basement after school to play freespace.
anyway sorry guys.

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
Oh.  I was thinking you seemed a little bit more n00bish than usual ;)

Offline tinfoil

• i'm 13 remember
yeah - i'm not that stupid
 i'm still on cleanup duty though because i haven't gotten to all the places he posted yet.

Re: ahh yes - you are the people i was looking for (NOT POSTED BY ME)
Sorry guys - this wasn't even me posting this thread. My brother got onto my account and now i'm just doing damage control. My apologies for Travis'smy stupidity.
Fixored. Sorry, but it's true. Put a password on your computer.

i woulden't even want fs on a portable thing. it would take away the great feeling of diving down the stairs to my basement after school to play freespace.
:sigh: oh ****. I remember that feeling. I stopped getting those rushes 2 years ago.
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline tinfoil

• i'm 13 remember
we share an account - i have no choice it's a parent thing
anyway what's done is done so get off my case haloboy :P

:ick:
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
Cole, you may be right that it won't run on some, but I have a feeling that there are MP3 players/iPhones/PDAs out there that, theoretically, have the power to run Freespace.  I mean there's 700mhz ARM processors in some of those things, and FS ran on a Pentium 1.  Maybe it was designed to work on powerful processors 10 years ago, but I've seen toasters with more power than that nowadays.  My Dell Axim even has a dedicated GPU.  Also 64mb of RAM.  I'm sure there are some MP3 player-type devices that have improved upon that even.  I just don't know why you feel your answer should be so authoritative cole, and I really think you should be a little more tactful with some of your posts.  You, and a few other members around here seem to feel the urge to reply to almost everything, and while enthusiasm can be a good thing, it feels more like spam at times, at least to me.  Even if your post was related to a previous encounter, no one else sees that, they just see you flying off without even really knowing what you're talking about, as if you're Taylor himself or something.  If you really need to get a comment out in such a manner at least use a PM or something.
I was only this harsh cause I had already explained this in another thread.

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
That doesn't excuse it.  It's the internet.  It's not worth getting that riled up about something, and no one else wants to read something so negative.

tinfoil, if you share a windows account, you should probably not save your passwords in the browser :)
If you have a hard time remembering them, you can put your less commonly used ones in a password encrypted text file (using a password you can remember of course), and maybe put it on a flash drive or something so you can take it with you.  Might help in the future, particularly with sites containing more sensitive info, although I hope you're not saving passwords for those.

Offline tinfoil

• i'm 13 remember
it's okay chief he was explaining it to my bro in another thread and judging by that one he had every right to be pissed
and i hadn't realized that the password was saved but i fixed it now
problem solved