Author Topic: [THE 2022 INFERNO ASSET MARATHON] - GTB Euryale Redux  (Read 1793 times)

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
[THE 2022 INFERNO ASSET MARATHON] - GTB Euryale Redux
BrotherBryon complained on our internal discord, that this is just some old, outdated and ugly piece of lazy modelling... Some sort of that. Can't remember. BB correct me plz.

Fortunately NyctiYards exists in the dimension where none of that bull**** even matters, and we recognize BB as excellent ship designer, proficient topology builder and overally awesome guy.

This is his daughter. Orphaned in childhood by venerable FSK who never finished her maps, I took her underneath my wings. And damn, she grew up into a madame of dignity...

GTB Euryale

Designed to destroy cruisers and corvettes, Dynamic Metamer produced the Euryale as a companion to the Rhea, intended to replace the outdated Artemis bomber. Unlike its companion bomber, the Euryale's development proceeded smoothly, beginning with Han-Ronald's venerable Medusa as a baseline and applying six decades of technical innovation to produce the most sophisticated medium bomber in the fleet. Mounting a DM-72 reactor core powering its dense shielding system and sporting the latest generation of active armor systems, the Euryale is built to take a beating. Three missile bays mounting all conventional GTVA ordnance, along with a dedicated bank of Plasma Accelerator Cannons, gives the Euryale the firepower to take on anything smaller than a destroyer.

Perhaps the Euryale's most controversial design decision is its active defense measures. Terran bomber pilots have long advocated for the return of defense turrets on next-generation bomber designs, but the Euryale eschews a turret system in favor of the SPELLS tactical engagement system. The Euryale mounts the OVERDRIVE afterburner supercharger, and the SMARTBOMB electromagnetic pulse defensive weapon. Initial results have been promising for both the SPELLS suite and the bomber itself, but skepticism among the bomber corps remains high.

She's around since the release of Nostos, but her release textures are obviously unfinished. I do not know the exact story of her textures, but looks like FSK started texturing and never finished. I remember somewhat more finished maps from his old Photobucked gallery, but this version was never delivered to us and FSK disappeared without a word.

I tried to salvage whatever I can from his maps, but this task ultimately proven futile. Therefore I decided to paint new maps from scratch, and damn... I consider this one as one of the best textures I ever made for FSO. I envisioned the color scheme to fit to Inferno, but also wanted her to be fitting to reco-era mods due to obvious Medusa influences. I hope I succeeded in this regard, but it's always for you guys to judge.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2022, 03:49:32 pm by Nyctaeus »
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline EatThePath

• Laser Lich
    • Twitter
Re: [THE 2022 INFERNO ASSET MARATHON] - GTB Euryale Redux
A bomber I've had my on now and then for a while. Nicely done
Name your damn turrets and sounds! Numbers alone aren't helpful!
"if disco is dead then I am the laser lich"
"...[Warmachine] keeps changing as fast as EatThePath can force the engine to do his dark bidding..."

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
I've now got a classic case of I Want To Use This In My Mod But I Don't Need It.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
I've now got a classic case of I Want To Use This In My Mod But I Don't Need It.

Make the need  ;) or make it fit somewhere he he
Wanna check out my video games, technology and media website? If so, visit; https://www.nomadsreviews.co.uk/

Interested in hiring my freelance writing, proof-reading, editing, SEO, TTSO, Web Development or Social Media Management services? If so, please messege me at [email protected]

Well you can ofc start a new mod when you've completed BtA  :warp: