Author Topic: New Eyecandy Thread  (Read 847254 times)

Offline KappaWing

• Lost in the nebula
Or just about the mod in general....  :drevil:

:nervous:

I jest! Please dont kill me!  :shaking:
"Your efforts to interdict me have failed, papacy. Pentagon, engage propaganda drive."
"Now, Protestant scum, you will see the power of this fully armed and operational Papal Station!"

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP

Some will probably hate this, others might not, but I had a go at an 'alternate Leviathan'

Offline Snail

• SC 5
U - G - L - Y!!! YOU GOT NO ALIBI, HEY HEY YOU UGLY!! :ick:

I suggest that if you're going to do that, make the back like that too. Make it a big longer too, it looks deformed. Also, try not to stretch the textures!

Offline BS403

• I'm just sitting in my Cave.
Looks kinda like a squirrel with nuts in its mouth
looks pretty good though
http://woogleville.myminicity.com/

Homer: Aw, twenty dollars! I wanted a peanut!
Homer's Brain: Twenty dollars can buy many peanuts.
Homer: Explain how.
Homer's Brain: Money can be exchanged for goods and services.
Homer: Woo-hoo!

Offline mr.WHO

Try to make in a bit more similar to INF:SCP GTC Ticonderoga (but not the same :)  ).

Something between cruiser and corvette.

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
So what's the difference from a vanilla Leviathan? Supposed to be a jury-rigged upgrade to an existing Fenris rather than making a Leviathan from scratch?

Regardless, I like it. It's like a cow catcher, but for space. Space cows?

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
A HTL'd Tico would really spruce up INF SCP I think... Or at least, one with a 3Dfied (for lack of a better word) centre circle thingymajig?

As for Leviathans, where has the blue colour gone? :doubt: The different colours made it easy to tell between a Fenris and a Leviathan in my opinion...

Just suggesting... :)
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares
TheHound: "Nice idea, but I have a thing against announcing campaigns before having them already finished."
G5K: "The flipside of that is that if you don't announce your campaign, yet take too long to finish it, other people may independently come up with some of the same ideas."

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
I suggest that if you're going to do that, make the back like that too. Make it a big longer too, it looks deformed. Also, try not to stretch the textures!
The textures aren't stretched in any way, and the model is not any longer than the Fenris.

Try to make in a bit more similar to INF:SCP GTC Ticonderoga (but not the same :)  ).

Something between cruiser and corvette.
If I tried something like that it would look too much like the Tico, which is used in INF SCP as a GTVA ship.

As for Leviathans, where has the blue colour gone? :doubt: The different colours made it easy to tell between a Fenris and a Leviathan in my opinion...
Wastes memory by having over 2mb of additional textures. Wasting memory is bad in the INF SCP version, that's why a lot of our model use the same textures.

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
Ouch. There goes that nice touch... :blah:
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares
TheHound: "Nice idea, but I have a thing against announcing campaigns before having them already finished."
G5K: "The flipside of that is that if you don't announce your campaign, yet take too long to finish it, other people may independently come up with some of the same ideas."

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Acc you're against the Plutonian fleet? And there's the GTD Melantho? :lol:

That Leviathans could be better if you make everything look "heavy". The front of the cruiser is ok,appears to be able to house heavy weaponry. If you modify the entire design using that scheme you'll probably have a true Leviathan.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline KappaWing

• Lost in the nebula
It should be a special "heavier" version of the Leviathan, maybe one that houses some uber beam or something.
"Your efforts to interdict me have failed, papacy. Pentagon, engage propaganda drive."
"Now, Protestant scum, you will see the power of this fully armed and operational Papal Station!"

Offline BS403

• I'm just sitting in my Cave.
That Leviathans could be better if you make everything look "heavy". The front of the cruiser is ok,appears to be able to house heavy weaponry. If you modify the entire design using that scheme you'll probably have a true Leviathan.
http://woogleville.myminicity.com/

Homer: Aw, twenty dollars! I wanted a peanut!
Homer's Brain: Twenty dollars can buy many peanuts.
Homer: Explain how.
Homer's Brain: Money can be exchanged for goods and services.
Homer: Woo-hoo!

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
I like the front but I think it would be better if you change the rest of the ship and not keeping the Fenris class model for the back.

Offline T-Man

• I came... I saw... I had a cuppa!
I'm with MD et al; the front end is really good. However the overall ship looks a little "front heavy". add a few modifications to the rest of the ship to fit the front, and it could make a decent colonial cruiser, maybe even a pocket-corvette. I like the idea of the colonials modifying existing designs rather than building new ones; resources are likely scarce, so money-conserving strategies like that are the order of the day.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2006, 09:53:05 am by T-Man »
Also goes by 'Murasaki-Tatsu' outside of Hard-Light

UEF fanboy. Rabid Imagination.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Bulk it up. :)

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Ok I'll see what I can do with the back of the ship.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Are you using the Fenris as well as the Leviathan in INFA2?

I definitely like it. Like everyone else said, it looks like it's going to unleash some uber 'I'm going to eat Orions for breakfast' beam. Okay, maybe not that extreme, but you get my point, eh?

Either that, or a literal blockade runner. Or...replace the word 'runner' with 'smasher.' It actually looks rather like a space ice breaker, but the only things to break in space are asteroids and the other guys' ships. >D ...planets not included.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
You know I was playing FS2 a long time ago with this 9 year old kid next to me, and he thought the Hatsheptsut was an axe and it was going to try cut the Sathanas in half. :lol:

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Are you using the Fenris as well as the Leviathan in INFA2?
Yes