Author Topic: Estimates?  (Read 2222 times)

Offline Kosh

• A year behind what's funny
Any estimates on the release? Not to rush you guys or anything...
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error
Replace and press any key

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
We don't know. :D

But you may see a demo pretty soon, if we can get the interface art done. ;)

Offline Rictor

• Murdered by Brazilian Psychopath
How many new ships would the demo include. I'm interested in this, to see if you guys have been able to recreate the "Orion" look, that is to say, to make the ship models and textures consistent with the timeframe. I hope you have, and from the screenshots it looks like you're doing a good job of it :) :)

Offline Rictor

• Murdered by Brazilian Psychopath
Any word guys?

Is it still being worked on? How far till the demo? And what abvout the full release? 1 month, 3 months, 6 months?

Just give us some indication, this is one of the more promising projects :yes: :yes:

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Full release is more than one month away - I honestly don't know more than that.  Demo, however, has a chance of being released relatively soon, "relatively" meaning hopefully less than a month.

Models and textures are up to whoever we can get to make them for us, and we still don't have the interface art done yet (although that's coming along as well).