Author Topic: Game at Wednesdays 9pm (Nine) GMT!!  (Read 8862 times)

Offline jedimasterseth

• ~#fLinT#~
    • MySpace
Re: Game at Wednesdays 9pm GMT!!
Dear andi, sorry about that, my windows (im bill gates im a conman) OS decided to bugger itself. It claims I 'comitted' a variety of 'fatal' errors and that access to my hard disk is 'denied' (by who, R2D2?!). its sat now and am gonna miss the big game! :( Do u know if one can install FS on a Linux OS? Had enough of Windows...
Jedimasterseth a.k.a FLINT

Offline jedimasterseth

• ~#fLinT#~
    • MySpace
Hey andi (the chucker), and anyuone else! I'll be on now for some freespace! Laboured to fix my comp - everything's reinstalled and working now (including 2 different OS's, FS, etc etc). See u then! F

Offline jedimasterseth

• ~#fLinT#~
    • MySpace
oi peeps, please do come along to the game on wednesdays! 9pm GMT! Flint

Offline captain-custard

• previously known as andicirk
  • one sandwich short of a picnic
Re: Game at Wednesdays 8pm (EIGHT) GMT!!
can you make it 8pm gmt, cus 9pm gmt is 11pm cet for me, and at my age that gives you an unfair advantage ........
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

Hi Everyone

I've never played FS online before but I'm going to give it a try tonight - what version of FSOpen do I need to use? I have the ones installed by Turey's installer, but understand if you use the wrong one you cannot see the games.

Hope I can get it working

Cheers

Shadius

(I have registered an account and set the cfg files etc... Shadius is my login/pilot)

I'm having trouble joining you guys. I see "Flint's Game" on FS2NET. I've followed all the multiplayer set up to a tee. I can see my user account on FS2NET when I log in and alt-tab out of the game, but it just keeps saying "No Game Servers Found" in game. I used Turey's installer. my FS2Net username is rhraziel. I know I've seen a server in the multiplayer menu in game before, but the last couple times, I'll see it on FS2NET, but not in game. Any suggestions?  :confused:

Offline jedimasterseth

• ~#fLinT#~
    • MySpace
Hey Rha, did u enter the same login info as on the fs2net website (http://fs2netd.game-warden.com/) into the settings in freespace? Select Options>Multi>PXO>login info. Flint

Offline jedimasterseth

• ~#fLinT#~
    • MySpace
Good game Shadius! We might try 3.6.10 next wed. If u wanna play any other night just post in the 'private eye' thread...

Hey Rha, did u enter the same login info as on the fs2net website (http://fs2netd.game-warden.com/) into the settings in freespace? Select Options>Multi>PXO>login info. Flint

Hey Jedi, yep, i did. It seemed as though I was logging in fine. I just couldn't see your game. I was even able to create a game and see it  on FS2NET.

Jedi, I did see this in the setup instructions...

"If you are behind a router or firewall you will need to forward port 7808 both UDP and TCP to your computer. It is critical that you do this or other people WILL NOT be able to join or even see your games! They may show up on the site, but people WILL NOT be able to see or join them in the game."

Since other people were able to join you, I guess you do have port 7808 already forwarded. I just can't think of what else it might be.  :mad:

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
If you are using a different build (either 3.6.9 or 3.6.10), MP won't work. JMS, it's a good idea to tell what build you're using. IF you're using 3.6.9, you can't see .10 games and vice-versa.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

If you are using a different build (either 3.6.9 or 3.6.10), MP won't work. JMS, it's a good idea to tell what build you're using. IF you're using 3.6.9, you can't see .10 games and vice-versa.

I'm using 3.6.9. I'll make my own thread on this issue so I'm not hijacking this one. Thanks for your help!

Good game Shadius! We might try 3.6.10 next wed. If u wanna play any other night just post in the 'private eye' thread...

I enjoyed that - was good to finally play online  :nod:

Unfortunately I'm working for the next two weeks (nights) but I'll be around again after that.

When you use 3.6.10 what version of the executable do you use and how do you get it? The one I have, that Tureys installer installs, is dated 2007 - is there a newer one, and do you have to be on the same one for it to work? Mine wouldn't let me sign in.

Cheers

Shadius

Offline Mura

• Shadow lurker
Well, Shadius, WE play saturdays at 9pm gmt, so if you can join us then, i'm quite sure there will be a spot for you.

The 3.6.10, pretty much any build should work with each other, as far as i know... here is one

i hope to see you around in saturday's multi too  :nod:
Signed, me

Offline jedimasterseth

• ~#fLinT#~
    • MySpace
I think he works night on saturdays as well Mura :-(

- El Gringo Loca

Hi Mura

Thanks for the invite! JediMasterSeth is right - I work 2 weeks out of every month, on nights  :blah:. The good bit is, I only work 2 weeks a month...  :lol:

I'll be around on the evenings I can be - I really enjoyed the game on wednesday

I'll check out the link you sent me for 3.6.10, and see if I can get it working

Cheers

Shadius

Offline jedimasterseth

• ~#fLinT#~
    • MySpace
Re: Game at Wednesdays 9pm (Nine) GMT!!
It's Wednesday! Will be hosting a game tonight at 9pm GMT! Come along and kill some Shivans...

Offline captain-custard

i will do my best to be there but am dying with a lovely snot infested body, ive green shivans everywhere lungs , nose ... you get the picture so if im not there i apologise ............

have fun and leave some beer in the fridge
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

Offline captain-custard

there are some new 3.6.10 builds out at the moment so if any one is up for playing tonnight im gunna host in a little while ......

for the new builds check here..............

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,53508.0.html

ill be using the chief 4618 build .........

later .... hosting now

Offline jedimasterseth

• ~#fLinT#~
    • MySpace
Game on tonight at 9pm GMT! Allez allez! Merde! Merde! Kurwa Kurwa!