Author Topic: Permission to use a few TVWP demo models?  (Read 4096 times)

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Permission to use a few TVWP demo models?
I orgiinally asked this as a PM to Admiral Nelson a few days ago, but I never got a response, so I figured a more direct approach would work. I intend to use a few models from the TVWP demo (Mustang Alpha, Kestrel, Damocles, Sagittarius) and a couple of minor hud elements for my Twist of Fate mod, which itself is very close to having a demo release of its own. I just wanted to make sure you were OK with this before considering releasing anything with those models included, and, as I said, I never got a response to my PM. In a nutshell, Twist of Fate basically tells the story of what would happen if no Shivans came to interrupt the Terran-Vasudan War.

Screenshot:
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Re: Permission to use a few TVWP demo models?
I don't think that the team would mind. Many people don't even bother to ask to use another project's stuff; it's freeware, and as long as you mention your sources in the credits, there's rarely a problem. For example, many of our models such as the Exos are from the Over the Top modeldump (a dead campaign).

I'd like to say yes, but Goob/Admiral Nelson are basically in charge and that's their call. The models were made long before I joined the team, so I can't direct you to the original sources.

Also: A spelling error in that mission. In the message it says "Poundexter" but the ship is called "Poindexter". Just a heads up  :P
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Also: A spelling error in that mission. In the message it says "Poundexter" but the ship is called "Poindexter". Just a heads up  :P

I only caught that when I uploaded the image. O is only one key away from U and you don't notice such things when gunning down Zod-loving traitor pigs.

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Yes, of course, you're welcome to use them. :) I'm actually rather embarrassed considering how long we've kept you waiting. :nervous:

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Cool. Speaking of embarrased, you just dredged up memories of A Terror and a Traitor (the campaign mentioned in that old thread). I had some bad, bad ideas in that campaign, but it did give me my first experience modding FreeSpace 2.

--General Battuta