Author Topic: What are you playing right now?  (Read 613873 times)

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Re: What are you playing right now?
Pillars of Eternity
I'm still puzzled about some locations I still can't get to even if I have a bounty that's apprently roaming around them and the Druid's sidequest requires me to go there too and I'm always scared I'll get to a point where things will get gated off (it took me forever to end act I because I kept doing as many sidequests as possible because of this personal paranoia of mine).

The point of No Return for the story's finale is well telegraphed. Let's just say that you shouldn't do anything that you know for certain requires divine intervention, even if you already have the assurance of divine assistance, like jumping into a seemingly bottomless pit.
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline crizza

Titanfall 2
So far it's rather nice, but I realize this is one of the games, which would be easier to play with a gamepad :D

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
It's great on PS4.    :yes:

Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
I am getting into some Totalwarhammer 2

Doing a Mortal Empires campaign as the humans.  I was inspired by reading Wheel of Time to try and use my wizards more effectively.
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Offline Det. Bullock

• Madman in a box.
Finished Strike Suit Zero: Director's Cut (PC)
It's a bit of a mixed bag, more good than bad (and even the bad I suspect is due more to my particular taste in space shooters) but still mixed.
For something whose developers cited Freespace as an inspiration it's very, very arcade-y and the titular Strike Suit changing into a robot in Strike mode has no purpose since there is no sequence where you need to walk and it's just a powered-up mode, they could have used S-foils instead and nothing would have changed.
There is a bit of Freespace in the beam spam between capital ships, plus the setting is vaguely Freespace-y in a way I can't put my fingers on, plus there seem to be elements from the first Star Trek movie only with anime swirly missiles.
I did write an extensive wall of text about the game with all the details in another forum but is in rather haphazard Italian, though when I'll find the energy to rewrite it in english for my review on GOG I might post it here just to see if anyone is capable of following my ranting about the absence of radars and bugs regarding the throttle binding.  :D
"I pity the poor shades confined to the euclidean prison that is sanity." - Grant Morrison
"People assume  that time is a strict progression of cause to effect,  but *actually*  from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more  like a big ball  of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff." - The Doctor

Offline 0rph3u5

Tales of Vesperia (PS4) ... its like a warm, comfy blanket considering it basically the best "Tales of ..."-game that came out before the shot in the arm that was Tales of Beseria...

.. I just wish they had done a few more adjustments to take advantage of the PS4; esspecially the spread of the save options is still very, very unwieldy...
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

Offline Det. Bullock

• Madman in a box.
Since Ace Combat 7 won't come to PC for another two weeks I decided to finally use my softmodded PS2 and I played Ace Combat 4: Distant Thunder on it.
Basically the only complaint I have is that I had to fly using a gamepad.
The gameplay keeps the railroading to a minimum and it's never blatant, cutscenes during missions are few and are all skippable and the story was a nice surprise.
Flying with a pad can't ever be as precise as using a joystick and it's painfully evident in the final mission where anything more agile than an A-10 makes the mission beyond my fine motor functions when it comes to moving my left thumb. Also while I used the machinegun rather often in Assault Horizon on PC here I managed to use it effectively only in a mission where you had to take down stealth bombers that were flying in a straight line. Also having to press really hard on R1 to use the afterburner was a bit of a strain on my index finger.
"I pity the poor shades confined to the euclidean prison that is sanity." - Grant Morrison
"People assume  that time is a strict progression of cause to effect,  but *actually*  from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more  like a big ball  of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff." - The Doctor

Offline HLD_Prophecy

• PVD_Hope in a former life
Ace Combat 4 is probably my favorite of the series - just good plain clean fun, a very subdued but touching story.  :D

Offline Buckshee Rounds

• Lord Defecator
So I picked up Detroit: Become Human. Really enjoying it, it's similar to the Telltale games in that you're sort of playing through a story with different branches to follow with the added feature of being able to see which branch you followed and what branches you've still to unlock.

Spoiler:
I keep getting my Connors killed, which is at times hilarious. Seeing Hank go "not again" ****ing floored me!

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
He makes terrible terrible games.....
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....

Offline Buckshee Rounds

• Lord Defecator
If you're referring to Telltale, the similarities end there. Detroit is a brilliant game and I highly recommend it. I just wish they'd gotten Brent Spiner to do one of the voices!

Offline 0rph3u5

He is talking about David Cage, the face on dev-side to Detroid: Become Human, Beyond: Two Souls, Indigo Prophecy etc.

Hitting on the man's "creative" (euthemism) creative choices in terms of both gameplay and narrative as well as his marketing claims to have produced the nect big epic, is one of those low hanging fruits in discorse on Game as an art form. *yawn*

==================

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
^ what he said.
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.

Offline Buckshee Rounds

• Lord Defecator
Oh. Well I like Detroit and haven't played either of the other two. I'd like to finish the story first before discovering if the dev is an arsehole or not. Blue pill and all that.

Offline 0rph3u5

if the dev is an arsehole or not. Blue pill and all that.

Cage is devisive figure for sure, but not in "torches and pickforks"-way* - He is just really odd case because of what form the outside look like inconistencies, e.g. the repeated claim to have created something emotional and moving but then the finished product doesn't really "do" humanistic story-telling, i.e. most characters act like plot automatons with none of the connective tissue that makes their action relatable (which might work in Detroit 'cause Robots).

If you are not into the weeds in terms of drama or narrative theory, you might have noticed the "every interaction has a unquie controller prompt/motion/button combo" as common prompt for asking yourself "why?".

*Unless of course, you are really fire and brimstone about the labour rights situation in the Games Industry; you have royally f*up if you make headlines for that in the sea of exploitative work practices common among dev studios, and Quantic Dreams managed that multiple times-

==================

Rumu

It's a fairly short "walking" simulator. You play as a robot vacuum cleaner, and explore emotions. It's actually quite touching! If it's cheap, I definitely recommend playing it!

Online Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
After stumbling over an article on how to set up Quakespasm, I'm playing through he original Quake single player campaign. I haven't played Quake since ~2002, when I' was using GLQuake to test if OpenGL was working correctly on a Linux box.
The main difference to more modern shooters is the sheer speed of the gameplay.
Most levels have a tight layout, you can run fast and jump far giving, you a lot of mobility. Plus, most guns have a very short reload time.

It may be less realistic than modern shooters, but hotdamn is it fun.
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline Strygon

• So long, and thanks for all the fish!
    • Steam
Sunk tons of time into Dorf fort again, mostly playing Adventurer Mode. In this playthrough I'm playing as a Dwarf-Raised Silver haired, blue eyed Elf girl that hates nature.
I was recently sent out to slay a "bloodthirsty, terrifying beast" which in reality was just a dingo. On the way back I got ambushed by three fat lions that kept accidentally attacking eachother.
Also, cat corpses make for fantastic weapons I discovered.
Makes missions sometimes.
Finished Projects: Operation: Cloak and Dagger

Current Projects: Scrolls Part 2 (FREDding), Dimensional Eclipse (Art),
The First Contact War, GTDr Amazon HTL

[23:22] strypolygon: andrew
[23:22] strypolygon: i have one favor to ask of you
[23:22] strypolygon: never try speaking german again
[23:23] Andrewofdoom: No.

[18:50] 島風改八百三: the duck has multipli
[18:50] 島風改八百三: many duck
[18:50] 島風改八百三: left side
[18:50] 島風改八百三: even side
[18:50] 島風改八百三: handle it

[21:34] MP-Ryan: Why on earth would you Google this
[21:34] The_E: why would you not

[06:46] Strigon: how big is a mini-campaign again?
[06:46] Asteroth: smaller than a campaign
[06:47 ]Strigon: thanks

[05:56] Strigon: If I had to take a shot for each time I randomly decided to change the UI sounds, I'd have died of alcohol poisoning by now

[17:36] qazwsxal: time to have some fun
[17:41] z64555: VC++5 is not my idea of fun

[EatThePath] do your missiles do anything absurd?
[Strigon] describe absurd
[Strigon] the entire mod is absurd

Offline Buckshee Rounds

• Lord Defecator
Is this what you did to those poor kitties?!

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
Is this what you did to those poor kitties?!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Omfg. ^^^....  recently been playing eod soldier on a pretty special high paid assignment. 

Can't say more,  been playing axiom verge too seeing as it's free ;)
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.