Author Topic: New Eyecandy Thread  (Read 844466 times)

That bomber seriously looks influenced from Evochron, I think Legends or some other one. It could just be me, but I do see a lot of similarities with some of the low to medium range craft you see flying or can fabricate.

A sound effort for both models and textures.  ;)

Previous Projects: Ancient-Shivan War | GTF Durandal

Current Projects: Exile: Into The Dark Waters (Proof-editing/misc)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
uh I think evochron came out way after inferno or the original of this model

waaaaay after

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
The Aetna wasn't in INFR1, so I don't know if this Evochron may have inspired it.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
You guys sticking visible cockpits on your new assets by any chance?
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares
TheHound: "Nice idea, but I have a thing against announcing campaigns before having them already finished."
G5K: "The flipside of that is that if you don't announce your campaign, yet take too long to finish it, other people may independently come up with some of the same ideas."

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Well they'll probably have cockpits in them but won't be configured for cockpit view mode.

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
I'm 100% OK with that.
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
Same. I'm not so much into cockpit view, since it's set in the FS universe and the normal game only had a HUD, and that was good enough... just more on the ship model's cockpit itself ala MediaVPs.

That Aetna model is nice (I'm not sold on the new colour scheme, but hey we'll see what happens in time), but it felt kinda backward going back to a retail-ish look. Well to me anyway. :nervous: XD
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares
TheHound: "Nice idea, but I have a thing against announcing campaigns before having them already finished."
G5K: "The flipside of that is that if you don't announce your campaign, yet take too long to finish it, other people may independently come up with some of the same ideas."

Offline Snail

• SC 5
That Aetna model is nice (I'm not sold on the new colour scheme, but hey we'll see what happens in time), but it felt kinda backward going back to a retail-ish look. Well to me anyway. :nervous: XD
Ummm, what do you mean by retail-ish?

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
Wow that was fast.

Uhh the "not having a cockpit in the model" part. It reminded me of retail... sort of. :nervous:
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Wow that was fast.

Uhh the "not having a cockpit in the model" part. It reminded me of retail... sort of. :nervous:
I think that's just FSKing's render. I'm quite sure the model itself has the cockpit.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
The current model doesn't no, the old model does however.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
The current model doesn't no, the old model does however.
Oh, really? Hm. So are there plans to add the cockpit back on?

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Yes, the models not finnished yet.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Right on.

Say, does the EA use the same cockpit as the GTVA? That sounds like something that could add some variety.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
At the moment they do yes. We don't really have the people to be doing things like making unique cockpits right now.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
They can use the same cockpit, but I suggest pilot should have different textures [GTVA and EA uniforms are different].
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
They can use the same cockpit, but I suggest pilot should have different textures [GTVA and EA uniforms are different].
Yeah that couldn't be too hard to do.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Well I had a couple of ideas to make EA cockpits unique, but those cockpits won't be touched until the other things are done.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Well a simple reskin of the cockpit texture or even just tweaking the hue could add some nice variety for a very cheap price.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
You mean the HUD? An EA-specific version of it will almost certainly be used. :)
The Lightblue Ribbon