Author Topic: New Eyecandy Thread  (Read 847370 times)

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
Hmmm i am not sure about that version of the warlock, its a cool model but its too BSG for the FS universe in my opinion, Like i hope there isn't going to be too much influence of the Homeworld ships in the phobos etc. Even though i love homeworld and the Taiidani i feel they still should fit in with the feel of the FS Terran designs.

Any chance of seeing some video of what you have showen in action at all????
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
The GTD Raynor, although it is very Terran and FS-ish in its own right, it is nevertheless an obvious homage to the Vulture from Starcraft.  And w/ the newly planned slate of Terran ships for Inferno, I plan to simply use selected Homeworld designs as mere inspiration.  No one will be copying anything verbatim and passing it off as our own; it's unethical and most likely illegal as well.

So far we have several multimedia resources shared in between the Inferno staff, but we want to keep you guys waiting a bit longer still. ;7

Offline mr.WHO

GTD Raynor a Starcraft Vulture??  NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s

<What has been seen can’t be unseen>

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Wait, you couldn't figure that out from the name?
O_o
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Never played Starcraft, so I guess the day I play it, it'll be Vultures that look like Raynors, not the contrary.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
For me, Raynor looks like CED Expediator from Descent 3. Vulture also is similar.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq

The Starcraft Vulture in both 2d and 3d, released in 1998, for reference.

I'll definitely say I never noticed that before but then again I don't like the GTD Raynor enough to look at it close enough.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
Oh yeah i too never noticed it, i never really like the Raynor, i always prefered the Stratcomms Titan to the Raynor, So it seems you guys are on a roll with the models which is awesome! so i was wondering if there were any new shots of weapons? Because i reckon you will most likley given the weapons in the mod a bit of overhaul as well?
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
We will be but haven't started on the weapons yet.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
IMHO Raynor is awesome and very FSish, but It's overused. It's part of InfSCP from a long time, so in my opinion, it should stay in it.
Anyway... I saw cool railgun-like weapons on Boreas, where standard Boreas has beam cannons? What is role of railguns on that ship? It still has other beam cannons than the main cannon? And will you reduce role of beam cannons on terran GTVA ships as their main weapon?
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Most factions have secondary cap armaments to compliment beams. The EA have railguns, the Terrans have plasma weapons and the Vasudans have neutron turrets or something.

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
WARNING: Question barrage

Are those secondaries antiship weapons too?
Will the railguns work like in War in Heaven or like in INFA?
What do the Shivans have as secondaries?
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Working form my limited knowledge:

1) If you mean anti-fighter/bomber by "anti-ship", no. There are different capital ship weapons that they use against fighters. The EA have Gattlers and Blasters (alongside flak which most factions use as standard), the Terrans have cluster shotgun weapons (among other things) and the Vasudans use spatial charges which are like energy flak or something. Bombers also have non-standard special armaments, the Terrans have PAC systems which are sort of like heavy plasma cannons for when they're out of bombs, the EA (I think) have some sort of bomber-based railgun system, the Vasudans have local SSM torpedoes (done differently to WiH) and the Shivans have bomberbeams. In INFASA the EA will also have, like, nanovirus ECM attacks too. This is just the publicly revealed stuff, there's almost certainly more sekret stuff in the works.

2) Unless things have changed, they will be closer to INFA.

3) I think they have kinetic weapons that keep enemy ships at a distance or something. They also have bloody huge blob turrets. Plus lots of other stuff we don't know about yet.

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
My mistake. By 'antiship' I meant 'anti capital ship'.

Still, those armaments sound quite awesome and helps make each race more unique, with other than just another model with another texture. Good job!
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
We will be but haven't started on the weapons yet.

The current order of HTLization as planned is:

1. EA ships
2. Shivan strikecraft
3. GTVA Terran ships
4. Misc. Shivan ships
5. Secondary weapon models
6. Primary weapon models*
7. GTVA Zod ships*

*May or may not do.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Zods never get any loving. :(

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Haters gotta hate.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Moonred is working on Raiden, Eclipse and Aesacus for my 2nd project. I don't know what's the progress, but when he finish them I can share the models.

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
Moonred is working on Raiden, Eclipse and Aesacus for my 2nd project. I don't know what's the progress, but when he finish them I can share the models.

We already have an HTL Eclipse and Aesacus.  The HTL Raiden is currently in the works.  We will thus not switch too many models around since that will inevitably delay the release of our project.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
I hope you guys have either done away with the old GTF Vesuvius completely or at least made it a little less Shivan.

My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?