Author Topic: New Eyecandy Thread  (Read 848944 times)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
The second one looks like a Herc II head grafted onto a Myrmidon? Are these archive ships? They look really good. :nod:

How will they be textured, I don't like super-crappy mish-mush skins.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
I used the Herc II head to save me the trouble of creating a new cockpit mesh.

The 2nd one will probably be a heavy interceptor, to replace the Valkyrie. I really wanted to replace the Valk with something in INFA2.

As for maps, we I haven't mapped them yet, and I'm not looking forward to doing so.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Watchya gunna name it (okay stupid question you haven't named it yet).

Personally, I don't really like the Apollo one, looks like a clash of styles here. The Apollo is a block(ish) type of design, wheras those Ares extensions look misplaced, too round. I like the general idea, but it looks like a conflict of designs there. Try the same thing with a Herc?

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Nah I don't think it would look good as a herc combi.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Ok I had a go at an "Apolliherc"

Do you like that one better?

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Try making it a bit thinner, but it (IMO) is looking better. The old one looked too much like a mish-mash.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Thinner? Sure no problem:

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Mmm, you can really see the lineage here. What role will this fill? Earth + Mars or Jovian?

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Those will be Jovian. They'll have:

HTL New Apollo
HTL Heavy Inteceptor
HTL Herc

HTL Callisto
HTL Medusa
HTL Hera
HTL Ursa
HTL Zelos

Which gives them an entire HTL fighter fleet.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
HTL only? :nervous:

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Yeah INFA2 requires the INFA HTL pack to run, and will include the HTL EA ships and not the low poly counterparts.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Vomits all over floor with fear of 10 FPS.

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
That's some damn fine modelling Woo. You ought to start off your own thread for them, they aren't getting the coverage they deserve in here.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
They'll get more promotion once I get INFA2 started up and actually have these in game :)

Snail: The only thing that slows down INFA for my old system is the HTL asteroids, it's quite fine with the rest.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Meh, this rig is going to blow any way (with 200MB of space I believe it is time to get a new computer).

Then I'll be able to play in high-resolution with specular and env mapping and animated glow maps and ambient factor and... and............ etc.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Well we don't use env mapping or animated glowmaps, and you don't need a powerful PC to use ambient factor.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I was just listing things anyway. So what's the Zelos? Will INFA2 get another site?

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
The Zelos is the big Notus like bomber I posted a month or so ago.

Offline Tyrian

• Dangerous When Thinking
So what does this mean for the release of INFA?  Is it out then?

*Ducks in the event of a huge backlash*
Want to be famous?  Click here and become a playing card!!!

Bush (Verb) -- To do stupid things with confidence.

This year, both Groundhog Day and the State of the Union Address occurred during the same week.  This is an ironic juxtaposition of events--one involves a meaningless ritual in which we look to a creature of little intelligence for prognostication, while the other involves a groundhog.

Bumper stickers at my college:
"Republicans for Voldemort!"
"Frodo failed.  Bush got the Ring."

Resistance is futile!  (If < 1 ohm...)

"Any nation which sacrifices a little liberty for a little security deserves neither and loses both." -- Benjamin Franklin

Sig rising...

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
I really like both of those Apollo-ish ships, the one on this page and the one before. :D I can already come up with ideas for both of them (that is if both of them get released sooner or later), but it kind of depends on the gunpoint textures that they're given...

Only complaint with the base Apollo chassis is the missile racks. I don't find them practical, IMO. And it gets worse if the mod using the ship has rapid-firing rocket weaponry (like R1's Hurricane rocket)... I have this thinking that, to use rapid-firing rockets, you need multiple launch barrels to give time for them to cool off between shots.
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares
TheHound: "Nice idea, but I have a thing against announcing campaigns before having them already finished."
G5K: "The flipside of that is that if you don't announce your campaign, yet take too long to finish it, other people may independently come up with some of the same ideas."