19 (7.5%)
GTF Myrmidon
14 (5.5%)
GTF Ares
43 (16.9%)
GTF Ulysses
8 (3.1%)

Total Members Voted: 252

Author Topic: Favorite terran fighter  (Read 97295 times)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Re: Favorite terran fighter
I'd trade the Helei in a heartbeat for Harpoons.
I'd rather use the Myrmidon armed out with Helioses to take on a wing of cruisers or a destroyer over any bomber (except the Sekhmet).

Offline bfobar

I know its CANON that the myrm can mount a helios, but it really seems like a mistake or an oversight from V.

The ships in FS1 had very clearly defined roles: You had your Interceptor, your space superiority workhorse, your assault fighter, and your tactical, medium, and strategic bombers, and everyone knows which ships goes in each role.

FS2 has these weird multirole ships. Is the myrm an underarmored assault fighter or a slow space superiority fighter? IS the perseus some weird mash of the valk and apollo? Why does the herc 2 have higher speed and less guns than its predecessor? What exactly is the erinyes for anyway, besides kicking everything's butt? Is the boanerges really cheap to make because they left off the turrets and it kinda sucks? Why do vasudan bombers get used for dogfighting?  ITS MADNESS!

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
The Perseus was designed to replace the Valkyrie.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
FS2 has these weird multirole ships. Is the myrm an underarmored assault fighter or a slow space superiority fighter? IS the perseus some weird mash of the valk and apollo? Why does the herc 2 have higher speed and less guns than its predecessor? What exactly is the erinyes for anyway, besides kicking everything's butt? Is the boanerges really cheap to make because they left off the turrets and it kinda sucks? Why do vasudan bombers get used for dogfighting?  ITS MADNESS!
I've got to agree that some of the ships have weird stats that don't fit their roles and how the Boanerges was crap.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Ah yes, the Boanerges. Although it has massive secondary banks, it has no turret, and it can only mount one gun configuration. It's not very agile either. I mean, the Sekhmet and Artemis only supports one gun, but at least they can move. The Bakha may not have that much missile space, but it can move. The Medusa only supports one gun, but it has a turret. The Zeus may not have that much armour, but it has the payload capacity of a bomber. The Ursa may not be very agile, but it has enough space to fit six Helios torpedoes, has a very nice gun placement, and has a nice little turret. The Boanerges is not agile, it doesn't have a turret, it only supports one gun, and it can't even carry the Helios. What kind of bomber is that?
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
:wtf: :wtf: Err ... the Boanerges can carry the Helios.  The Artemis and Bakha can't (this is cheated in bearbaiting because it is a scramble mission).

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Oh, it can? I didn't notice (been using the Ursa for too long). :nervous:
My blog

MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline MT

Ah yes, the Boanerges. Although it has massive secondary banks, it has no turret, and it can only mount one gun configuration. It's not very agile either. I mean, the Sekhmet and Artemis only supports one gun, but at least they can move. The Bakha may not have that much missile space, but it can move. The Medusa only supports one gun, but it has a turret. The Zeus may not have that much armour, but it has the payload capacity of a bomber. The Ursa may not be very agile, but it has enough space to fit six Helios torpedoes, has a very nice gun placement, and has a nice little turret. The Boanerges is not agile, it doesn't have a turret, it only supports one gun, and it can't even carry the Helios. What kind of bomber is that?

The Bakha has a slightly larger payload than the Artemis (180 vs 160). On the other hand the Zeus has a smaller payload than a Herc II. The only thing that makes it a bomber is its ability to carry Tsunamis and Cyclops.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
Pffft. I'd take a Sekhmet over any Terran bomber anyday.
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
For me, either a Sekhmet or an Ursa. Full-stop.
My blog

MP-Ryan

Offline Snail

• SC 5
The Sekhmet is the best bomber in the game, period (not full stop). Seriously, because it has 6 linked primaries, they fire real fast, loadout with Maxims and you can eat a light cruiser without firing a single bomb. The bugger can move, too.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Oh, the Sekhmet has six guns? I didn't notice that. :p
My blog

MP-Ryan

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
Yea, its has 6. 2 more than the Nahema it looks like, iirc.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline MT

FSwiki says a single bank of 4 guns. I only recall seeing 4 when playing Derelict, unless 2 more are merged into the 4 visible ones.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Wait, I was wrong there, it only has 4. :(

I have found a use for the Boanerges! I discovered this while in a COMPLETELY random dogfight.

It is a ramming beast. Other fighters just bounce right off it's shields and take some pretty hefty hull damage too. Use Circes to punch through the fighter's shields right before you ram for added damage and bouncing madness.

Offline bfobar

I'd like to therefore make a request that whoever puts the htl cockpit on the boanerges adds the guy with the drums in the back cockpit that yells 'RAMMING SPEED!' in all the old roman movies.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
I have found a use for the Boanerges! I discovered this while in a COMPLETELY random dogfight.
You took a Boanerges to a dogfight?! :confused:

It is a ramming beast. Other fighters just bounce right off it's shields and take some pretty hefty hull damage too. Use Circes to punch through the fighter's shields right before you ram for added damage and bouncing madness.
lol. It's a battering ram.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline eliex

LOOKS like a battering ram, too come to thin about it.  :P

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
No wonder they save cost. It only has one gun, but can kill alot more with out it!