19 (7.5%)
GTF Myrmidon
14 (5.5%)
GTF Ares
43 (16.9%)
GTF Ulysses
8 (3.1%)

Total Members Voted: 252

Author Topic: Favorite terran fighter  (Read 97292 times)

Offline Topgun

Re: Favorite terran fighter
The point is that you try. Sometimes I park my Ares behind a disabled transport and just start pushing towards the node.
rotfl. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
I got caught in the supernova because of target fixation.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Vrets

TILT TILT TILT (epic bump)
No love for the Myrmidon?

There need to be some missions that use the Myrmidon to its full tactical-striking potential.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
the myrmi is a good fighter, I prefer it over the hercules Mk2 because of it's double primary cannon, the only dissadvantage would be the crappy secondary loadout capacity but even so...
el hombre vicio...

Offline Vrets

Well, its seconday loadout is much better than the Perseus in terms of capacity. Think about it like this: the Myrmidon's first secondary bay is just divided into two, in case you want to carry a greater variety of warheads. For example, the Perseus can carry 120-120 tempests, while the Myrmidon carries 80-80-160.

What I really think is lacking in the Myrmidon is its turning speed. It has a great top speed, but it turns only a bit better than the old Athena. The Apollo turns better than the Myrmidon.

What's really NICE about the Myrmidon is how influential its ETS is. Maxing out engines boosts the Myrmidon's top speed to 95m/s from 65, for example (a gain of 30 m/s, wow). Or shunt more power to shields and become a death tank. By comparison, the wheat thin-esque Serapis only gains 3 m/s with engines maxed out.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 09:45:30 pm by Vrets »

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Re: TILT TILT TILT (epic bump)
No love for the Myrmidon?

There need to be some missions that use the Myrmidon to its full tactical-striking potential.

._.

* Androgeos Exeunt fires an SABeam.

I like the Myrmidon for its six gunmounts and because I can fly it better than I can fly a Perseus.
My blog

MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
The Myrmidon is actually a very good fighter, we're just lacking proper missions to use it.

I also find the Perseus hard to pilot. o_o

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
I will always love the Herc Mk. II.  There's just something about being able to launch missile after missile.... after missile.... after missile, etc., etc., et al.

Barring that, the Perseus for the top speed while still having energy for shields.

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
Well, since this got necroed anyway... :doubt:

I will always love the Herc Mk. II.  There's just something about being able to launch missile after missile.... after missile.... after missile, etc., etc., et al.

I always disliked the Herc2, though, for only having four gunmounts and feeling like it can't go faster than a flying tortise.  Somehow, I always preferred the Ares, which is weird, since it is slower than the Herc2, though it does have six gunmounts.  Maybe it has to do with afterburner...

Offline peterv

Also the Herc Mk. II looks like an ugly bird. It apears to me that Volition has an obsession whith this kind.

Offline Krelus

The Erinyes with trebs and Prometheus S cannons is probably one of the scariest things to engage at any kind of range. I've actually one-hit-killed an Astaroth with an octuple-hit from a Prometheus.

Second place is probably the Myrmidon. With that quad bank and compatibility with the EMP Adv, you can deliver so much pain unto a bomber wing it isn't even funny.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
The Erinyes with trebs and Prometheus S cannons is probably one of the scariest things to engage at any kind of range. I've actually one-hit-killed an Astaroth with an octuple-hit from a Prometheus.
Placing all eight shots on a Basilisk or Mara with Kaysers will vaporise them also, which is easily more braggable than popping paper-for-shields interceptors in one burst.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Placing all eight shots on a Basilisk or Mara with Kaysers will vaporise them also, which is easily more braggable than popping paper-for-shields interceptors in one burst.

Except for how the Astaroth is far more difficult to hit.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Still not the easiest thing to do getting eight shots to hit the same spot at the same time.
Except for Nephilims and Seraphims. Or bigger.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
... I still stand by my one year old position that its pretty pointless protecting the transports only to have them killed by the flashbang. :v: should have made the transports go full speed towards the node. So that valiant pilots like Battuta wouldn't have to push them towards the node.

... I still love the Erinyes. Most of my kills are done with primaries any how.
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
My choice for all the various roles would be (by decreasing preference):

Space Superiority - Myrmidon, Herc II, Loki, Pegasus, Hercules, Perseus
Intercept - Myrmidon, Herc II, Loki, Pegasus, Perseus, Hercules
Recon - Pegasus, Loki
Heavy Assault - Herc II, Hercules
Bombing Runs - Ursa, Boanerges, Medusa, Artemis D.H., Zeus, Artemis
All Of The Above - Ares, Mara, Erinyes

The Perseus is a googol times too slippery for me to use properly. It has crap firepower, crap secondary banks and crap shields too.
My blog

MP-Ryan

Offline castor

• http://www.ffighters.co.uk./home/
Myrm is not one of my favourites, mostly because its a big target with not-so-great shields. Love the speed though.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
For dogfighting I prefer Erynies ,for bombing Boanerges or Ursa (useful when you also need to handle fighters) and for all-round missions Myrmidon (two Helios torpedoes ,four Kaysers ,bank of Tornadoes ,bank of Trebuchets and Disruptor in the top bank=prepared for anything).

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Ares.

Stop.

Drop.

Fire missiles at people.

Offline nvsblmnc

• I'm a minefield of information.
The Myrm is one of my favourites because the 2/3 bank setup gives it a great deal of flexibility.  I quite like this seup:

4-gun bank: Prom S or Kayser
2-gun bank: Morning Star or HL-7

Missile 1: Infyrno (or another Tornado bank if I'm going hunting)
Missile 2: Tornado
Missile 3: Trebuchet

You've got assualt, intercept and defense all in one package.  Overall, though, I still prefer the Erinyes.
When the reactor explodes, it's usually a sign that you've taken too much damage.