Author Topic: E3 2019 - Never too late to start early  (Read 1456 times)

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
E3 2019 - Never too late to start early
So the pre-show leaks are starting, and the Google "technologically impressive but impractical" (aka Stadia) presentation was today'ish. So let's do usual thing and start collecting those trailers.

Baldur's Gate 3

Warning: Body Horror ahead.

Not sure we needed a third Baldur's Gate, or how that is going to work continuity-wise (Throne of Bhaal closed the book rather well) - but Larian is basically Belgian Obsidian - tl;dr: They have a record of hiring great talent and the games they have been putting out have been getting better and better over the years -, so it's a least with a studio you can trust.

No publisher is attached yet, despite the big name - Larian has been self-publishing for a while now (since the kickstarter for Divinity: Original Sin/Dragon Commander).

"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline 0rph3u5

Re: E3 2019 - Never too late to start early
Cyberpunkt 2077 was over a Microsoft:

And its got a release date of April 20th 2020 - for now...

1:39+ - another E3 moment for ages:

So, that's a thing - Elden Ring:

Overexposure galore at EA:

So Sekiro meets Titanfall 2 - if it wasn't Star Wars it might be worth a look (but Star Wars is too overexposed for my liking, and considering it's Star Wars that's saying something)
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Overexposure galore at EA:

So Sekiro meets Titanfall 2 - if it wasn't Star Wars it might be worth a look (but Star Wars is too overexposed for my liking, and considering it's Star Wars that's saying something)

And the award for blandest, least interesting game to be presented at E3 goes to.....
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline 0rph3u5

*sigh* I guess, I have to be the one to tell you ... you're dead.

Gameplay shown is very combat heavy, which is disappointing.

==================

Offline 0rph3u5

.... I might finally on-board with Watchdogs - I am as suprised as you are.

==================

Offline 0rph3u5

Hello, Nintendo...

==================

Hey, you guys remember Microsoft Flight Simulator?
Well it's back! In new form!

Offline IronBeer

• (Witty catchphrase)
    • Minecraft
Hello, Nintendo...

I have been dying for a new Armored Core-style game for ages, and this has been on my radar for a while.

Color me excited.
"I have approximate knowledge of many things."

Ridiculous, the Director's Cut

Starlancer Head Animations - Converted