Author Topic: FS/FS2 Campaigns list (new thread)  (Read 156193 times)

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Re: FS/FS2 Campaigns list (new thread)
you still haven't answered why you can't have a server anymore. ;)

Please update the Pathways Demo to about 80%. (when you can :nervous: )
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Anyone though to put the Campaign list as a wiki?

that way the project leaders could update the data themselves..
or is it better for it to stay as it is? ???
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Yeah, why not just port it over to the new Wiki?
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
oh, new logo for pathways (can't see if it has already been changed or not, since the site's gone. :wtf:

To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
At the very least, it needs to be recomposed.  Since there's a HTL Erinyes that MUST be used if you're going to take a static shot from that close up.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
i'll take it up with ransom.

Offline Nuclear1

Story (Episode I): As the NTF crumbles under pressure by the GTVA fleets in Sirius and the Colossus in Polaris, Admiral Bosch makes a bold escape gambit. A steady flow of NTF vessels now stream through the jump nodes of Polaris, Epsilon Pegasi, Capella, and Gamma Draconis as the rebels make a final ditch for the Knossos subspace portal.

In order to prevent the NTF from acquiring control of the portal and the nebula beyond, the GTVA has initiated Operation: Thor's Hammer to cripple the rebel ships en route. Though the jump node defenses are formidable, every reinforcement counts in this final campaign.

You are Alpha 1, a pilot newly-transferred from the 3rd Fleet to a small 4th Fleet Outpost in Vega. Your home: a Deimos-class corvette, the GTCv Spinnaker, and her sister ship, the GTCv Methodus. As the Spinnaker and Methodus are called up to reinforce the jump node defenses, you have to become acquainted with your wingmen and crewmen on the march, fighting the NTF all the way.

Episode I currently available. More planned.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

From the list provided
Do i need a full copy of Freespace 1 or 2 to play any of the campagins
Or can I use the open source code which I have been hearing about?

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
You need FS1 or FS2 to play pretty much every campaign ever with the exception of TBP. The SCP is an additional layer to FS2 which adds new things but you'll still need FS2 to use it.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Axem

Has anyone thought about taking the campaign info from here or Skippy's campaign list (which is still down right now) and transferring it to the wiki? There's a whole section on user made campaigns, and there's only 3 articles with any content. And a large number are still missing.

Offline Skippy

• It's not a bug, it's a feature™
    • FS/FS2 Campaigns List
I'll soon put the campaigns' list back online (on another domain unfortunately), but without the changes I wanted to do on it
MACHINA TERRA | FS/FS2 Campaigns list
Specs: Core2 Duo 2GHz, 2GB DDR2, 160GB HD, gfg7700 (Asus G1 Laptop)
Q9550, 4GB DDR2, 2x500GB HD (RAID1), RHD4870, X48-DS6, Corsair 620HX (Desktop)

Offline Axem

Site: www.game-warden.com/narfin/jad2.html
Author: Axem
Number of Missions: 6
Mods Included: Mystery music file

Campaign Description:
This new and amazing campaign answers the question, what happened to Bosch, and just what ARE the Shivans? In addition some other stuff happens but you switch sides to battle a corrupt and evil government! The fate of the GTVA rests on your shoulders.

Just another day, right?

YOU

ARE

STILL
[/size]

Alpha 1.

So yeah. It is.

Prepare for MORE the following!

- MORE plotholes!
- MORE copyright infringements!
- MORE references to Disco Music!
- MORE the power of ETAM, the next-next-generation of ETAK! (ok, maybe not)
- MORE God*!
- MORE unexpected twist endings!
- MORE AND MORE!

*MORE God may still not be God, your God may vary.

Release Date: Now
In development since: July 2005

Download Link: http://www.game-warden.com/narfin/campaigns/axm_JAD2EB.rar
Release Thread: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,36767.0.html

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
Freespace 2: Distorted Reality

(Weee! Microsoft Paint!)

Authour: ME!!!
Staff:TheSizzler
        Nuclear1 -- tester
Missions:20<
Mods: StratComm's GTD Raynor
Discription:Ever wonder what happend to Bosch? In this mod, Your his Left hand man, James Formson. You WERE assinged to the 53 Hammerheads, Alpha 1, stationed in Capella, but was replaced by a better candidate (yes, the main character from FS2). Go through at least 20 missions to discover what happend after you boarded that Azreal class freighter. Learn what the shivans are and why they destroy everything.
release date: none (uh-oh...thats not good)
How long I've been working on it: scince may 2005.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2005, 11:21:02 am by thesizzler »

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
put the logo up on your website. then use [ img ]www.here.whatever[/ img ] without the spaces.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Skippy

• FS/FS2 Campaigns List
ANNOUNCMENT III:

The Campaigns List is now available at
http://fs2.webdl.org/
it should be the final url

The list here is still old, as I didn't have time to work on it.
Hopefully I'll be able to work on a new version of it (mainly chapters and ratings support) during next holidays ;)

If you have any suggestion for the new version please post ;)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2005, 11:59:46 am by Skippy »

Offline Xeandra

You might want to fix the links as they direct to the old site now.

Offline Skippy

• FS/FS2 Campaigns List
Fixed ;)

Offline madaboutgames

• Heatemup People!
    • The Heat Em Up Web site
New campaign gets released tomorrow

Babylon 5 Heat Em Up
Logo - on website (www.b5heatemup.co.uk) currently down till Saturday
Author - Shaun Williams - Mad about games
Missions 28
Cut scenes 11

The B5 heat em up campaign follows the story of the B5 episodes.  You startin 2257 with a tutorial at the training wing at the IO Transfer point, then you get posted to Babylon 5 where the storyline takes you through all 5 seasons - start to finish.  I have been working on this for 2 years now, the 28 mission demo of the full 128 mission campaign is available from the 16th dec.  The full campaign (128 missions) is due for release next summer

Take a look at the trailer - http://files.filefront.com/b5trailer2zip/;4371979;;/fileinfo.html

;) :) ;) :nod: :) ;)

« Last Edit: December 15, 2005, 08:17:26 am by madaboutgames »
*The Earth Brakiri War*
*B5 Star Fury Pilot*

Are You Ready?  Find Out!
www.heatemup.co.uk

Visit  -  http://proxima-fleet.com for the heatemup Forums.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
uh, skip? i'm getting SQL errors for all the campaigns.

Offline Skippy

• FS/FS2 Campaigns List
Version 3 will be available on 12/21/05

EDIT: Singh, could you PM me all info on Desperation (each chapter) ?
TBA ;)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2005, 06:08:48 am by Skippy »