Author Topic: C&C Generals 2 no singleplayer  (Read 3474 times)

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
C&C Generals 2 no singleplayer
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/364047/command-conquer-generals-2-has-no-single-player-campaign/

Well that sucks, i will be avoiding this. They say they are taking C&C back to its roots, but a major part of its roots was the slightly cheesey story of the campaign with FMV. Regardless of this being a free to play game i will be avoiding this title.
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
Re: C&C Generals 2 no singleplayer
Well it's going to be a F2P title, so as long as they don't charge players real money to research and use higher tier units it's not all bad.
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Would you like a new Silo? Only $5 to rent for 25 days..........

:nono:

It's not called Generals 2 anyway is it :p
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 06:23:31 am by Dekker »
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
To be honest, every Command & Conquer game that has not involved Westwood in someway (A large part of the staff worked on Generals after being fully absorbed into EA) has been terrible...

C&C3/KW, C&C4 (:nono:), Red Alert 3, etc.

The only decent seeming game was Tiberium... and they canned it, it's like they want to avoid making something memorable. :P

Offline Mort

• The dog that went meow
They canned Tiberium because of quality issues. Looking at what EA has put out in the past, it must have been pretty damn bad

Offline An4ximandros

Officially, but according to the developers themselves, what really happened was that the project managers spent too much money and time on trivial matters, there was no organization on the team, and thus fell off track on it's schedules, what surprised me was that instead of firing a bunch of people and giving the project to someone else to finish (standard EA money salvage protocol) they just threw it right into the pyres, the managers must have fecked everything to hell to make EA decide to just shut it and loose all the time and money that was already put onto the project.

C&C3/KW weren't bad. They just had a couple quirks with Scrin being stupidly overpowered (But then again, I suppose aliens are supposed to have the upper hand)

But C&C4... :wtf: Biggest punch to the face who's first game was C&C Tiberian sun.

RA3 wasn't a disaster like C&C4, but they failed to move past that primitive building grid system. :s

Now, to OP. The one game I'd actually want to buy becomes F2P? ... Not sure if EA is intentionally trying to demolish C&C franchise, or just stupid. :nono:

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Now, to OP. The one game I'd actually want to buy becomes F2P? ... Not sure if EA is intentionally trying to demolish C&C franchise, or just stupid. :nono:

Tiberium Alliance, the C&C F2P horror has been let out of the bottle
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Welcome to the modern game industry ladies and gentlemen.
Enjoy your stay.
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Well, I was interested to see what Bioware could do with Command & Conquer.  If they're doing with C&C what was done to Age of Empires, though, then that little bit of interest is suddenly and rapidly waning.

Offline Quanto

• Permanent Nostalgia Goggles
Free to play isn't bad or a sign of a bad game, but EA/Bioware is. And frankly, I don't see how you can make an RTS F2P and keep it fun. The RTS genre is the one genre that wouldn't translate to F2P very well simply because of the tech-tree mechanic.
However, F2P is not a sign of a bad game. In fact, I find a much more acceptable alternative to a $60 "AAA" title. Lets face it guys, if you enjoyed anything in the past that EA controls now, you are screwed.
00:41:58 <DarthGeek>: I might do it, I need to build a reputation of someone who doesn't suffer fools
(DarthGeek on: "Relentless")

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
No Free to play is a good thing, Whats ticking me off and lot of other people is that it is mutliplayer only.  I just don't get this everything has to be multiplayer at the moment, yes its fun but there have been games were they have added it and its ruined the game. To me that was the downfall of Red Alert 3, the campaign had to be played in co-op as the AI sucked ass, which kind of ruined it for me. I just know i wont get it as i prefer a singleplayer game with a story, which is a shame as i really liked Generals 1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
It seems to me that companies found out that since MP-only games sell, they may make them and don't pay for the writers to write a story for the campaign. I prefer games to have a good plot, even if the gameplay is sub-par. If the story is good enough, I can even bear with overbloomed graphics, annoying controls and dumb, simplistic gameplay. I kind of miss the times when the only multiplayer mode available was split screen, graphics were simple, yet beautiful and plots were the main focus of the games. Oh, and let's not forget FMVs, which made playing games like SW: Dark Forces, C&C or Wing Commander III almost a movie-like experience (anyone remembers original WC3 box? "Origin Interactive Movie"). [/nostalgic rant]

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
It seems to me that companies found out that since MP-only games sell, they may make them and don't pay for the writers to write a story for the campaign. I prefer games to have a good plot, even if the gameplay is sub-par. If the story is good enough, I can even bear with overbloomed graphics, annoying controls and dumb, simplistic gameplay. I kind of miss the times when the only multiplayer mode available was split screen, graphics were simple, yet beautiful and plots were the main focus of the games. Oh, and let's not forget FMVs, which made playing games like SW: Dark Forces, C&C or Wing Commander III almost a movie-like experience (anyone remembers original WC3 box? "Origin Interactive Movie"). [/nostalgic rant]

Wing Commander was the last highpoint of Mark Hamill's career. And I think it was better than Starwars, but that is my humble opinion.
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Wing Commander was the last highpoint of Mark Hamill's career.

Offline An4ximandros

The Joker is bad, they overused him to the grave and to the point Mark Hamill got sick of playing him, after so many rounds of laughing gas, we develop immunity, instead of using him like an asset, they did to him what Star Trek Voyager did to the Borg.

You have more chances of getting a true (in spirit) sequel to Tiberian Sun ala Freespace: http://www.ppmsite.com/ 
This is a community dedicated to make C&C mods, most of which now days are collabs to make sequels to the WW story lines (Like their "versions" of Blue Planet, Inferno, etc.) Hell,  they even have people making CGI cut-scenes for the most ambitious mods!

As far as the whole Bioware bullschit, it's a trap, the developer is Bioware Victory, which is the renamed Victory Games studio EA had, which in turned was a restructured EALA, the guys who made anything post Generals.
It's just a trap for suckers who still love the name Bioware, it's a brand now, not a studio.

Offline z64555

• Self-proclaimed controls expert
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
I wonder if they're going to be updating the units/gameplay as it ages? Once they figure out a combination ppl like, they'll make up a campaign using that combination and sell it?

That... or they secretly have a nueralnet AI they're trying to train.  :nervous:
Secure the Source, Contain the Code, Protect the Project
chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
z64555: s/J/Do
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
alright, now i'm confused.  is it REALLY generals 2 that has no single player, or the retarded free-to-play browser game?  i personally can't stand playing RTS online.  i don't take this **** seriously enough to learn the "perfect build order" and figure out the unbeatable super-tactics or whatever else the hardcore players use.  that's just not fun.  and neither is getting stomped by those guys while i try to play my way.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
Yes its really Generals 2, which is being handled by Bioware,  Who while i love the company, they wouldn't be at the top of the list to do a RTS, I thought that browser based one got scraped because it got into trouble with Games Workshop as a few of the units were just direct copies of GW's models

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
The first C&C was and still remains the best C&C.
Best atmosphere, best unit design, best story.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!