Author Topic: Model Release! ST Xerxes  (Read 9318 times)

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Model Release! ST Xerxes
Filling a niche in the Shivan armada, the ST Xerxes is a comparable craft to the GTT Argo or GVFr Satis. It's a quick study, but none too shabby. Compare it to the concept art.

This is, I believe, my first Shivan model. Armed with the usual LODs, debris, and dockpoints. Help yourselves.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2020, 01:03:42 am by Goober5000 »
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
Marry me.
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

looks like a destroyer, with the textures and all

Offline J.F.K.

Hey, that's pretty impressive man. :yes: The name sounds kind of Terran though, don't you think?
[font="SerpentineDBol"]. . . . W H O . I S . T H E . M A N , . W H O . I S . T H E . M Y T H ?[/font]

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Hmmm. The model is a good convert from the concept, however, I think you're going to need some custom textures on this.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
I hate that light gray texture. I downloaded a texture pack for the SD Demon just to get rid of the light gray on the Demon, Ravana, and Arachnas.
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Originally posted by Black Wolf
Hmmm. The model is a good convert from the concept, however, I think you're going to need some custom textures on this.

I agree. I wasn't really willing to sit down and make some new textures for this thing, since it was just a quick model. But, browsing through the textures, I found that the Terran Debris texture (the grey one with the squiggles) doesn't look half bad.

If Sesq wants to keep this one, I'll spend some more time on revising it.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2003, 12:59:03 am by 510 »
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Well, we aren't going to be using it in SA after all, but I updated and reskinned it anyway, for the hell of it. The attachment in the first post has been updated.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Whoops. Forgot the pic.

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
the cain met the ugly stick. dont get me wrong though, its a nice model
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Sesquipedalian

• Atankharz'ythi
Changed my mind.  SA is using this after all.  Renaming it the ST Xandja for uniformity's sake, however.
Sesqu... Sesqui... what?
Sesquipedalian, the best word in the English language.

The Scroll of Atankharzim | FS2 syntax highlighting

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
Originally posted by Sesquipedalian
Changed my mind.  SA is using this after all.  Renaming it the ST Xandja for uniformity's sake, however.

Xandja does sound better than Xerxes. :nod:

Is this mod a public release that anyone can use? I think I can find a place for a new Shivan transport in DatDB... ;7
REPUBLICANO FACTIO DELENDA EST

Creator of the Devil and the Deep Blue campaign - Current Story Editor of the Exile campaign

"Let my people handle this, we're trained professionals. Well, we're semi-trained, quasi-professionals, at any rate." --Roy Greenhilt,
The Order of the Stick

"Let´s face it, we Freespace players may not be the most sophisticated of gaming freaks, but we do know enough to recognize a heap of steaming crap when it´s right in front of us."
--Su-tehp, while posting on the DatDB internal forum

"The meaning of life is that in the end you always get screwed."
--The Catch 42 Expression, The Lost Fleet: Beyond the Frontier: Steadfast

Offline Sesquipedalian

• Atankharz'ythi
Go ahead, Su. :)
Sesqu... Sesqui... what?
Sesquipedalian, the best word in the English language.

The Scroll of Atankharzim | FS2 syntax highlighting

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
Originally posted by Sesquipedalian
Go ahead, Su. :)

Cool, now I can go ahead and script that mission with...

...Well, I´ve already said too much! :p :D
REPUBLICANO FACTIO DELENDA EST

Creator of the Devil and the Deep Blue campaign - Current Story Editor of the Exile campaign

"Let my people handle this, we're trained professionals. Well, we're semi-trained, quasi-professionals, at any rate." --Roy Greenhilt,
The Order of the Stick

"Let´s face it, we Freespace players may not be the most sophisticated of gaming freaks, but we do know enough to recognize a heap of steaming crap when it´s right in front of us."
--Su-tehp, while posting on the DatDB internal forum

"The meaning of life is that in the end you always get screwed."
--The Catch 42 Expression, The Lost Fleet: Beyond the Frontier: Steadfast